RIP Wayne Shorter

Man was a jazz and jazz fusion giant.

Love this quote from the NYT obit: “The word ‘jazz,’ to me,” he liked to say, “only means ‘I dare you.’”
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Absolute legend.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Brief bio/tribute on the radio this morning...

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/03/11608...in-los-angeles

Amazing run; poked into so many corners of the world of music. His Wiki page is well worth a visit...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Shorter

wow.
    landmark guy.
    Bitches Brew/Live Evil

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    RIP. Discovering Weather Report in 5th grade was monumental for me. I was that weird kid listening to fusion when everyone else was listing to Green Day.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    RIP. Discovering Weather Report in 5th grade was monumental for me. I was that weird kid listening to fusion when everyone else was listing to Green Day.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    I'm older than you, but yeah, I was that weird kid listening to fusion, going to see Weather Report and Return to Forever and the Dregs (I was lucky enough to live in NYC and have the opportunity), while others were listening to Van Halen and Def Leppard.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm older than you, but yeah, I was that weird kid listening to fusion, going to see Weather Report and Return to Forever and the Dregs (I was lucky enough to live in NYC and have the opportunity), while others were listening to Van Halen and Def Leppard.
    I was that kid in HS too. Saw lots of great music and didn’t listen to pretty much any classic rock until college.

Loved the Dixie Dregs

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

The (Dixie) Dregs were a really underrated band. They crushed it. Saw them at the Beacon Theater a couple of times. Also saw Steve Morse open up solo acoustic for the trio (Dimeola, McLaughlin, Delucia) at the Beacon, and he almost stole the show.

But did you see him with Kansas?!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Back to Wayne, loved his version of In A Silent Way with Weather Report