SLC surfboards/bag

This is a longshot but figured it was worth checking. Anybody in Salt Lake sitting on a one or multiple boards and/or a travel bag that doesn’t get a lot of use anymore? I am taking a somewhat short notice trip to surf in the Maldives and usually rent when I travel. The rental selection is sparse there and perhaps not super reliable. Might just need to buy a new board prior to departure, but if this would work out that would be excellent. Happy to pay cash (reasonable going rental rate), help with beginning of the season mountain bike maintenance (brake bleeds, rim taping, bearing grease etc… nothing too crazy) if you are busy, and beer. Looking for stuff 6’4-7 feet about, the more volume the better (seven feet is the hard limit for the airline).

Thanks for looking!

-Spencer

I have a Pyzalien that doesn't have fins that's 5 10 I believe. Happy to let you borrow it. I bought it in 2014 but lightly used as I moved to SLC in 2016. I believe there's a ding but whatever. I do also have a 9' longboard and 8' foamie but sounds like those are too long.

Jtran- thanks so much! I unfortunately am too heavy and too rusty to probably ride that size, and the airlines are super particular on the bigger boards. Appreciate you taking the time to offer that!

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    I have a Pyzalien that doesn't have fins that's 5 10 I believe. Happy to let you borrow it. I bought it in 2014 but lightly used as I moved to SLC in 2016. I believe there's a ding but whatever.
    How do you think that would work out for a guy who's 160 lbs and was a decent intermediate surfer 20 years ago but has barely touched a board since? The fam is going to Oceanside next week and I've been messaging with this guy about buying his rasta board when I get there: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...tory_type=post

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    How do you think that would work out for a guy who's 160 lbs and was a decent intermediate surfer 20 years ago but has barely touched a board since? The fam is going to Oceanside next week and I've been messaging with this guy about buying his rasta board when I get there: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...tory_type=post
    I would look for something with more volume that the pyzalien if you wanna catch waves.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    I would look for something with more volume that the pyzalien if you wanna catch waves.
    It seemed a bit small, but I didn't know if maybe you could go shorter with modern boards. I think I used to ride a 6-6 when I lived in SLO.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 03-27-2023 at 05:17 PM.

Definitely can go shorter most of the time, but that might too much. I think you could make it work for sure, but being your size and also a pretty decent surfer, even after 6 months off, i always start on my small wave board which is 5'6 @ 30L. Even that can be a bit of struggle til your arms and shoulders catch up with your brain again...
    If i were you i would be looking at something around 5'8 @ 32L, but not so much a performance shortboard. I'd go something like the Pyzel Gremlin, AstroPop or anything from there funformance range, or what other brands call summer boards or grovellers...

If you want to borrow my 9' or 8' foamboard feel free. There's some amazing longboarding spots within 20 minute drives of oceanside, happy to give you some beta too if you need it. PM me.