Thread: Shimano cues

Shimano cues

https://nsmb.com/articles/shimano-in...ues-ecosystem/

" What is CUES?

At the simplest level, it's a streamlining of multiple Shimano component groups into three series with high intercompatibility. CUES U4000, CUES U6000, and CUES U8000 replace the ages old monikers of Altus, Acera, and Alivio, Deore HG, and Shimano's 'Trekking' components. "
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-01-2023 at 02:54 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

They are consolidating all the entry level products (Altus, Acera, Alivio, Deore) to one family line, to share small parts and make them all cross compatible. Same cassette tooth profile, same pull ratios for shifting, and same chains (10s and 11s use the same chain).
    Basically streamlining their product line, and the ability to provide either front derailleurs or wide range cassettes in every speed/price point = 9 speed 11-46, 10 speed 11-48, 11 speed 11-50

Hmm interesting to see Deore drug into this, as these days Deore brakes, shifters, and derailleurs in particular are pretty high quality, hopefully that stays true.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Hmm interesting to see Deore drug into this, as these days Deore brakes, shifters, and derailleurs in particular are pretty high quality, hopefully that stays true.
    you’d have to think current deore quality would be the standard for the new cues line. Hopefully

Anything that gets bike components more standardized is good with me. x3 hoping Deore starts to trickle down a bit into some of the cheaper lines.

Its a lot to absorb but Deore or Deore-ish level of performance ?

the way I read it Deore has " gone sunset " as we used to say

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/shima...-d_HKSkuNzh-mQ

Cues (Create Unique ExperienceS, if you’re wondering) was introduced last year with Di2 components for electric urban and mountain bikes.

Andrew is right in his NSMB piece, seems like a move to prevent losing OEM sales to Microshift

So, it’s a Cock-Block!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

https://roadbikeaction.com/sram-debu...8kZpqjgZWUhsL8

and pretty much on the same day ^^

Shimano cues

Link doesn’t work, but it’s on the homepage.

That looks good

I always felt like Shimano was being straight straight up with product lines.
    Shimano: "hey we worked this shit out years ago, so making Deore level parts that just work super well is totally easy for us. If you want it a bit more refined and lighter shit, we can do that for proportionately more money and we'll slap an XTR or Saint label on it."
    Meanwhile Sram always seems to perpetuate the idea that it's all constantly evolving magix and last years shit is total shit. "Hey, we can make you an 8 speed drivetrain, just like we did in 1994, but the cassette is gonna cost you $900 bucks because......magic XD. Have you heard of our new bottom bracket standard that's standardized but isn't cross compatible with any other standard? Turns out the old XO cranksets were getting too affordable"
    However many are in a shit ton.