Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Damn! Good luck!

Also I don't know that I've ever seen river rock as a gable accent. I guess if you're gonna do it at least it's a log home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    NWS updated forecast from this morning. 7.5-10” where I live. There are some residents with over 5’ sitting on their rooftops and many of those homes predate snow load building codes. 7.5-10” of water in South Lake Tahoe between now and Sunday. Probably more for donner pass area based on the graphic. 10-15” of water in Yosemite. Mammoth area is not called out, but gradient on the graphic looks to be lower than SLT.
    Attachment 451152
    Yikes
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Can add their Monday-Wednesday water fx
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9496.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	202.6 KB 
ID:	451214

Yuba is going to be rockin. Just spoke to my friend, said someone should of been shoveling the HH restore roof. It just caved in. When was the last time 20 was open?

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Yuba is going to be rockin. Just spoke to my friend, said someone should of been shoveling the HH restore roof. It just caved in. When was the last time 20 was open?
    I’m hoping to get down 49 to see the river if it’s raging. Hopefully 49 will stay open. I live very close to the next upstream xing, but don’t really want to deal with that road. I drove on 20 probably the last night it was open, two Sunday’s ago, after working at the hill. Lots of fun, drifting most turns on 6-12” of fresh snow.

I saw the news about the recycling center/HH Restore bldg collapse. Bummer. Been a rough many days. Probably gonna be rougher before it’s better.

Roughly 2" of rain overnight, according to local amateur weather site near me. Slushy snow from last night in driveway, went out and shoveled it away and cleared some drains some more. Water is dripping steadily off the roof, some gutters are clear of ice completely and flowing well - others just have water overflowing the ice, or water is flowing around ice on the roof and coming off the edges. No leaks indoors, roof hasn't collapsed. Hoping that today's forecasted warmer temps will help more snow melt off the roof. It's 38* outside right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    A 240W strip running 24/7 would use about 173 kWh per month. Multiply that by your cost per kWh - US national average is $0.23 so about $40 additional to your electric bill per month.
    I'm going to add a strip to my roof next year in one problematic area, but I'm also adding solar and will probably put it on a switch to help me control when it runs.
    I have a much smaller strip and it works, but you need to run it at the right times (not too cold... hovering near freezing), and your downspouts need to be clear as well.

My cable runs through the downspout, the gutter, and a zig zag pattern on the portion of roof that is a problem.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

The Trials Of Personal Snow Removal.

Name:	Image1678565532.343354.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	991.4 KB 
ID:	451416Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1678565545.976579.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	451417

This one finally broke loose after several weeks. All sorts of hangfire remaining on all sides of the house. Got the furnace vent dig out again just now tho.

Well, i made a error in judgement and got away w it today, by just a few minutes. Inside the house about 10min after diggin out the windows and the heater vent, the house shakes with another slab letting loose. i kinda falsely assumed that because the bottom of that SE section broke off, presumably releasing tension on the rest of it, that the hangfire wouldn't release. WRONG. Pretty much buried the spot i was standing. Just spent another 30min digging aforementioned area out again. Phew, close one!

Name:	IMG_4600 copy.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	451424

Name:	IMG_4601 copy.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	928.9 KB 
ID:	451425

Name:	IMG_4602 copy.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	797.5 KB 
ID:	451426

If you had a guyonabuffalo shit would be fine

sorry for sideways pics, tried and could not fix. ahhhhhhshit.

and what's this guyonabuffalo stuff about? seen phantom glimpses of it but not fully comprehending yet

Uh, that siding bowing out..

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Uh, that siding bowing out..

yeah, remnants of the ice dam days in years past. really need to redo the siding and some interior work but $$$. new roof means no more ice dams, thank goodness. the waterfall next to my bed kept me up at night

Plywood some windows?

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    yeah, remnants of the ice dam days in years past. really need to redo the siding and some interior work but $$$. new roof means no more ice dams, thank goodness. the waterfall next to my bed kept me up at night
    Not really that pricey if you do the work yourself. My daughter has a 2 on 1 where the rear unit obviously had years of water damage. We demoed pretty much an entire exterior wall and rebuilt it and then had the drywall guys come in and tape and mud them before we painted inside the house. If we had payed for that job it would have been way more.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Not really that pricey if you do the work yourself. My daughter has a 2 on 1 where the rear unit obviously had years of water damage. We demoed pretty much an entire exterior wall and rebuilt it and then had the drywall guys come in and tape and mud them before we painted inside the house. If we had payed for that job it would have been way more.
    copy that, that's the new plan for summer! thanks

All work and no play? Never good.

My neighbor has well over 10 feet of snow on his front deck--slid off his metal roof. The amazing thing is the deck rail hasn't budged. Praise for Ron Adams, Truckee coontractor, who built the deck. At this point I think it' make it through the winter because a the new snow sliding off the roof just slides down the pile to the ground. (My friend can't do anything about it--recuperating in the bay area after getting badly hurt last summer by someone turning left in front of his bike on a steep downgrade--multiple leg fractures and operations).

Dam! That would’ve left a mark!

Name:	Image1678743581.315777.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	451715

The current un-view from the office:

Name:	Image1678743643.553948.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	451716

Sent via iPhone
    Slidewright.com
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

That ice looks lethal.

The Trials Of Personal Snow Removal.

It’s pulverized to cocktail ice now. We’ve been watching it for 4 days since the wet snow came and released the shop and office roofs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Solitude Nordic Center. The snow is covering the first story windows and is half way up the second story:

Name:  IMG_1742.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  109.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1741.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  157.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My neighbor has well over 10 feet of snow on his front deck--slid off his metal roof. The amazing thing is the deck rail hasn't budged. Praise for Ron Adams, Truckee coontractor, who built the deck. At this point I think it' make it through the winter because a the new snow sliding off the roof just slides down the pile to the ground. (My friend can't do anything about it--recuperating in the bay area after getting badly hurt last summer by someone turning left in front of his bike on a steep downgrade--multiple leg fractures and operations).
    Was up in TD today to get som snow off the decks. My blowers were useless, with the snow so wet, and the tires just spinning on the slippery shit. Shovel time! If there’s a hard freeze, what’s left will be there until Memorial Day.
    I am not an alias

The guy who plows our driveway mostly uses blowers but the snow now is too heavy--burns up the clutches so it's down to the owner and his son and a coupe of loaders--the poor guy definitely needs a break. Most of his drivers can't operate the loader.

OG, I don't know what a blower is. Is that a tractor with the spinning wheel on the front that blows snow like 20 feet away? I am assuming a loader is a big tractor with a bucket on the front.
    After reading this thread, my desire to live in the snow has been somewhat diminished.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.