Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wtb: fishy boat

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    What's the group's opinion on the boat as a first drifty?
    Those front leg locks are brutal. Hurts just looking at em. I don't see anything for the rear angler to lean against, but maybe I missed it. The wood trim will need maintenance. The best thing about that boat is the oars.

I had a similar Yellowstone drifter(88) and it was very minimal and leaked but it was my first drifter and only cost me like 500 with trailer. Like people said the oars are probably worth it. About the "high sided", it's a freaking tank in big waves and an absolute kite in the wind. Which were both likely conditions where I was rowing it alot(on the Yellowstone, Madison, etc). Then I got a deal on a RO guide which I love but gotta be a bit more on point on the bigger water. My 2cents is get what you can afford and fish the ever loving shit outta it. Then you'll know what features you really like, rod storage/dry storage/ knee locks/ benches etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks guys, all of this feedback is super helpful. Trying to get the '97 Yellowstone down to $5k.

What does the collective think of this setup (boat + shuttle bike) for $7k?

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/70133106

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

What does the collective think of this setup (boat + shuttle bike) for $7k?

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/70133106

If you are going to spend that much, just buy snapts boat. Almost new Stealthcraft vs ex-guide boat ? No brainer. That motorscooter does not really add much value to the deal IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I just came here to admit I ogle that SC and have schemed multiple ways to sell my FIL’s Hyde and sneak the SC into his barn.

Tgapp have you considered a partnership w a buddy nearby? I’m in a 2-raft three way with buddies and it makes sense for durable expensive gear that isn’t used often, or often used with your buddies…

Quote Originally Posted by skivan View Post
    I just came here to admit I ogle that SC and have schemed multiple ways to sell my FIL’s Hyde and sneak the SC into his barn.

Tgapp have you considered a partnership w a buddy nearby? I’m in a 2-raft three way with buddies and it makes sense for durable expensive gear that isn’t used often, or often used with your buddies…
    Yep, that's already the plan

Problem is, my buddy is shit on the sticks, so we know who'll be rowing all the time

Wtb: fishy boat

Problem is, my buddy is shit on the sticks, so we know who'll be rowing all the time

Make him row. Being shitty is no excuse, the best cure is time on the sticks.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I’ll row, teach me!

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I’ll row, teach me!
    Ha deal. Seriously.

Dude with the 97 Yellowstone says he'll take $5k. Should I do it? Probably gonna do it.

Boats been fished like 30 times and lived in a garage it's whole life. Like the older, somewhat unique character of it. Seems solid.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    beats me why yad wanna
    Bust Out Another Thousand
    when i gots more boats than i can use
    that youre welcome to use
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I’ve got a 16’ PVC raft - Star Big Dipper - with all the fixins I would probably sell. 🤪

Lotta nice DB’s in Oregon Craigslist that don’t cost that much
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    beats me why yad wanna
    Bust Out Another Thousand
    when i gots more boats than i can use
    that youre welcome to use
    Ahhh the red raft is the fishiest raft!!

I'd probably still like to buy our HTFB's half of that boat, it's such a good little boat. Perfect as the gear mule!

There's just something about how drifties sit and row and fish that is really appealing to me - they're so nimble and elegant.

they're so nimble and elegant.
    Come to the Northwoods and float River X. Our fish are not nimble or elegant.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I just realized something. Fish have one kidney also.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Dude have you looked into sit on top fishing kayaks?It will definitely save you a couple of grand. I have a tandem made by Brooklyn Kayaks that I like. It's great alone, or with two. Not good if you want to take Fido with you though. You can borrow mine at any time, or check it out at 4/20 on the Green. LMK.

Attachment 448158

got lost and ended up in this thread tgapp, but i'm with Schindler - if you are solo the sit on top kayaks are awesome. The hobbies are a peddle drive system - no paddle but there in an emergency.

My buddy and I would fish stealhead in the fall on the Kasilof in Alaska, Halibut in the salt in Kodiak and trolled too. So much easier than a big boat and you could get into some cool spots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	578.1 KB 
ID:	448739

I'm decent on the sticks if ya want to run the green up near my spot in wyo. Only a few miles away

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    got lost and ended up in this thread tgapp, but i'm with Schindler - if you are solo the sit on top kayaks are awesome. The hobbies are a peddle drive system - no paddle but there in an emergency.

My buddy and I would fish stealhead in the fall on the Kasilof in Alaska, Halibut in the salt in Kodiak and trolled too. So much easier than a big boat and you could get into some cool spots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	578.1 KB 
ID:	448739

I'm decent on the sticks if ya want to run the green up near my spot in wyo. Only a few miles away
    come to boblandia on 420 man, it's a really good time

getting that Yellowstone out of Montana. The price is right and it's a beautiful boat. You're welcome to row or fish, I'll have room for either

are we doing this right?

Left arm with right oar must be some kind of advanced technique

Edit: congrats

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Make him row. Being shitty is no excuse, the best cure is time on the sticks.

Yeah, not sure about that. Some friends were on the Roaring Fork and the shitty sticks guy put it up on some rocks. Couldn’t get it off but fortunately could wade to shore. Took a tow truck to pull it off. They are still friends but it could have gone worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny H View Post
    Yeah, not sure about that. Some friends were on the Roaring Fork and the shitty sticks guy put it up on some rocks. Couldn’t get it off but fortunately could wade to shore. Took a tow truck to pull it off. They are still friends but it could have gone worse.
    that's him on the sticks right now

lord help us we're doomed

Congrats!! I look forward to seeing it on the water. I have taught several people (including my wife and daughters) to oar and have never had one of them stick a boat on the rocks. Teach them in friendly water and always be prepared to jump on the sticks if things get gnarly.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

are we doing this right?

Nice work man! That thing is going to treat you well! Hopefully will see it on the green in a couple months

Bump. Just got a raft at the BC friends and family sale for a song. 14’ Outlaw. Need a frame, oars, the works. Looking for basics which I can then build a fishing frame off of. Looking for cheap. Whatcha got?

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Bump. Just got a raft at the BC friends and family sale for a song. 14’ Outlaw. Need a frame, oars, the works. Looking for basics which I can then build a fishing frame off of. Looking for cheap. Whatcha got?

Damn dude I am so jealous, nice score!!

Going to the general public sale tomorrow.