Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wtb: fishy boat

Wtb: fishy boat

Hey guys

Been thinking about a boat a lot lately. Don't need anything fancy just want to fish a ton. Primarily thinking about a drifty or a very fishy cataraft, but I would think about a raft, too.

I've looked around on KSL and Craigslist, and I'm just putting out some feelers to see what exists. Don't need a lot of bells and whistles. Just wanna fish a lot.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Didn’t that underwear guy have a raft for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm here for this adventure and subsequent TRs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Didn’t that underwear guy have a raft for sale?

Sold. Lots of bells and whistles anyway. More of a 2-kidney boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    One person with two? Or two people with one each?

Yo. Here’s an older Hyde that’s been up on Fort Collins CL for about a month. Most people want rafts in this zone, so maybe you can talk him down?
    https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/b...578367377.html

^ That’s a good price on that.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    ^ That’s a good price on that.

I'm curious, what makes that a good deal? I feel like for Hyde and Clackaraft, I'm paying mostly for the name brand, if anything. Lots of boats between here and Jackson for $3k-$5k

Only on TGR
    Uno mas

goddamn elitist two kidney 1%er right here

now you're gonna say something about it only being a boat for people with their whole liver intact

maybe if I stopped getting dumb tattoos I could afford a nice boat like yours

in B4 the mods say "fLaG yOuR tHrEaDs As NsFw"

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    I'm curious, what makes that a good deal? I feel like for Hyde and Clackaraft, I'm paying mostly for the name brand, if anything. Lots of boats between here and Jackson for $3k-$5k

In the post-Covid era, I’ve seen very few decent boats with trailers in the sub 5k range. Most of that price range has some major issue, no title, ect. But if you find a good one …..scoop it right away. They go quick.

Clacks and Hyde’s are well made, good track record, relatively easy to repair, and hold their value.

I have no affiliation to that boat I posted, just saw it a few weeks ago scrubbing the list

Ha you have been hanging out with dibs for sure!!! Yea what was said earlier. Hyde’s and clacka are well made and very reliable with long track records. My 1996 is still going strong (sold it to a buddy). That Yellowstone drifter looks like a pretty sweet boat. I think if you spend less than $5k you are going to end up with something that is going to have more problems than you w to deal with

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Ha you have been hanging out with dibs for sure!!! Yea what was said earlier. Hyde’s and clacka are well made and very reliable with long track records. My 1996 is still going strong (sold it to a buddy). That Yellowstone drifter looks like a pretty sweet boat. I think if you spend less than $5k you are going to end up with something that is going to have more problems than you w to deal with

Lol no not his influence - I'm just tired of seeing 10 year old boats with an asking price of $12k. I don't know the market well enough to say with any certainty, but that sure feels like COVID inflation to me.

That Yellowstone looks sweet. It was actually already on my radar, but I don't really know how to evaluate good deals.

Sorry, I didnt mean to blow up that one if you’re watching it… took the link down.

As long as there’s no major damage and trailer is in good shape, you’ll be stoked with the 5k purchase. Pick one you like the look of and go for it! You’ll be able to get most if not all your money back if you need to get out of it

Don’t worry about small scratches and dings, you’ll run it into a bunch of shit. Nicer oars are a big plus for me, because you probably won’t spend the 1k on new ones right away.
    Last edited by jpcm; 02-16-2023 at 10:14 PM.

Last edited by 2FUNKY; 03-19-2023 at 10:45 PM.

What about the boat snapt was selling ? That was a great price.

FS: Stealthcraft Sniper
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=348796
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    What about the boat snapt was selling ? That was a great price.

FS: Stealthcraft Sniper
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=348796
    Really nice boat, but more than I have to spend at the moment. I think the top of my budget is probably $5-6k if I stretch.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/70880871

Curious what the consensus is on this boat. Owner says it's in great shape, super capable, fun boat. Trailer is in good condition and has a title, but the boat is not titled.

Trailer is in good condition and has a title, but the boat is not titled.
    I don’t know UT law, but in both MT and WI if no motor then no boat title or registration required.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I don’t know UT law, but in both MT and WI if no motor then no boat title or registration required.

Yeah it sounds like I'll need to get it titled.

What's the group's opinion on the boat as a first drifty?

Needs more camo

Looks alright. Compared to the 97 Yellowstone, it’s probably 10 years older? and shows it. If you want to know the year, there should be a hull I’d # somewhere and you can easily search it online. The 97 looked a lot cleaner and has those nice fiberglass lean bars front and back, this one doesn’t.

Not sure what’s going on with the red wood floor. That may have been added by some one at some point to add stability? Or maybe that’s how they built these in the 80s?. I’d make sure that’s not hiding floor damage. For sure nicer oars than expected. Sawyer has a good tutorial about how to refinish those square tops. Bet they’d clean up nice. You could also refinish all the wood in the boat pretty easily

As Harry says, same rules in CO. If your not putting a motor on it, don’t really need a boat title. Just need to get plates for the trailer. If $3500 is your budget, and it floats/rolls, probably a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcm View Post
    Looks alright. Compared to the 97 Yellowstone, it’s probably 10 years older? and shows it. If you want to know the year, there should be a hull I’d # somewhere and you can easily search it online. The 97 looked a lot cleaner and has those nice fiberglass lean bars front and back, this one doesn’t.

Not sure what’s going on with the red wood floor. That may have been added by some one at some point to add stability? Or maybe that’s how they built these in the 80s?. I’d make sure that’s not hiding floor damage. For sure nicer oars than expected. Sawyer has a good tutorial about how to refinish those square tops. Bet they’d clean up nice. You could also refinish all the wood in the boat pretty easily

As Harry says, same rules in CO. If your not putting a motor on it, don’t really need a boat title. Just need to get plates for the trailer. If $3500 is your budget, and it floats/rolls, probably a viable option.
    Yeah you're dead on the money. Built in 1985. The boat was fully refurbished in 2005, hence the floor. Gonna talk to the guy with the 1997 Yellowstone today and see what he says. Seems like a beautiful boat.

jpcm pretty much nailed wha tI would say as well. I will add that we rented a boat in Canada last fall that was of that vintage and design and I would gladly pay the extra $1500 for something more along the lines of the Yellowstone that was shown, or the Hyde. The difference in handling between the 2 is night and day.

In Utah you dont even need to register the trailer, let alone the boat.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

jpcm pretty much nailed wha tI would say as well. I will add that we rented a boat in Canada last fall that was of that vintage and design and I would gladly pay the extra $1500 for something more along the lines of the Yellowstone that was shown, or the Hyde. The difference in handling between the 2 is night and day.

In Utah you dont even need to register the trailer, let alone the boat.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Interesting okay. The owner of the 1985 boat says that it is narrow and high sided, which makes me a little nervous. Sounds squirrelly.

Dude have you looked into sit on top fishing kayaks?It will definitely save you a couple of grand. I have a tandem made by Brooklyn Kayaks that I like. It's great alone, or with two. Not good if you want to take Fido with you though. You can borrow mine at any time, or check it out at 4/20 on the Green. LMK.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 10.55.17 AM.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	277.4 KB 
ID:	448158
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix