Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    The 22/23 version is a bit different than the previous two years. They’re the same shape but they thinned the core profile by a small amount in the tip and tail and also removed two small strips of rubber that were under the edges of the topsheet that ran tip to tail.

It was a considerable improvement to the existing ski without changing the shape and rocker profile. They’re much easier to break loose when you need to than the previous two years. Just feel less “locked” especially off trail. No less grip but much easier to manipulate turn shape. A little more lively in and out of the turn.
    Bandit beat me to it; thanks Wasatch! I absolutely love my 21/22 189s; sounds like the new ski is solid as well. Y’all have a winner in that shape/profile. Cheers man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Same for the 183’s. They are good skis and on the burly side, but certainly not the beasts that Blister claims they are.
    In case this hasn’t been stated - blister has only reviewed the 2021 before blizzard changed the construction to make the ski more accessible and soften the tips. The 2021 was a bit off imo but works for some people. The current version (23) is a bit softer at least in the tips and tails and weighs less. Still a hefty badass ski though - this is not an enforcer.

BM, I’d love your comparison of the m102 to the 23 B97.

As a big dude I will say I am happy with my 22 189s. They are a big of a handful in sun affected deep wet snow but are great at anything under a few inches and when there isn’t anything soft.
    The shorter radius beefy build is an interesting combo that works well at alpental where I normally ski. I’m taking mine to Whistler next week and have a feeling a longer radius might be preferred in the alpine.

These skis are rad! Seriously, go grab a pair for $300 from the Corbett’s sale. I don’t find them a handful at all. Easy-enough to dilly-dally at low speeds as long as you keep your tits forward, and feel very stable through variable/shitty snow.

They were a touch grabby at slow speed through frozen/wind-affected crust, but that’s probably mostly pilot error (zero vis so skiing more defensively than ideal). I haven’t detuned at all. Guessing your standard tip/tail detune would resolve that nicely.

I didn’t have any issues throwing them sideways at any speed. Seems like a great DD so far.

Had 2.5 days at Whistler this week in varied old snow. These handled everything pretty well, they are a bit of a handful tin deep moguls (as is anything) and I found them to have a bit of a speed limit in rough soft chalk but it was damn fast and wouldn’t be reachable if it wasn’t bluebird and empty slopes. I brought my old goliaths to have a longer radius option but didn’t bother to pull them out. I told someone on the lift they are boring in a good way, they just do what they need to do across all conditions that aren’t deep in a nice predictable fashion.
    I even followed my 6yo down a bunch of greens with no issues other than dulling my edges since I didn’t bring my beaters on the trip.

I had the pleasure of skiing the 21/22 Bonafide in 183cm for 12 days early last season. On the 12th day I hit an ice clump from a groomer, hidden by some fresh snow. Took a tumble and later noticed that the ski had managed to bend itself so that the rocker profile resembled a Raven or some other full rocker ski. The damaged tip was 1,5cm higher than the other. It was a weird one, since there was no visible damage other than the bend. I have taken much heavier impacts on much flimsier skis and the skis have survived.

It felt like the perfect dd for Northern Finland resorts: lots of ice and crust. It was so damp that it encouraged me to do some stupid skiing, so maybe it was a blessing to hurt the ski before I hurt myself. They didn't feel that demanding, even though I'm not that aggressive of a skier. Didn't get the chance to take them into any mogul lines, but they handled weird crusty variable snow very elegantly. I guess anyone reading Blister reviews who is around 200lbs has already learned to apply this factor of being much heavier than most of their reviewers.

I want a pair of the first gen Bonafide97s

Quote Originally Posted by Velomayniac View Post
    I want a pair of the first gen Bonafide97s
    I’ve got em in 183 with pivot 15s (silver) mounted at 326 bsl. They’re in excellent shape. Hit me up if interested.

I could be convinced to sell my 187s with sth2s at 320 to buy some heritage labs skis.

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    I’ve got em in 183 with pivot 15s (silver) mounted at 326 bsl. They’re in excellent shape. Hit me up if interested.
    I’m getting the 189. I got a pair already lined up. Thanks tho

my first touring ski was the bonafide with an baron epf binding. lessons were learned.

definitely cut through Wind crust nicely though

Anyone skied the 23 Brahma 88 and 23 Bonafide?
    I have the Brahma and love it but looking for a new ski I don't really need.
    Already have Enforcer 110 and Rustler 11.
    I had the 21 Bonafide in 189 and liked it but sold it for some unknown reason
    Not sure if the Brahma and Bonafide are too close.
    6'1, 195 lbs 70 days a year Lake Louise and Sunshine.

anyone?
    I also had a pair ok E100 but didn't click

Last edited by bry; 10-13-2023 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    I forgot they were that cheap! I got some 183s in the spring from them!!

Hmm…those were the model I bought which says 2021…so that means I have the original “more stout” layup? They are close to my OG Volkl M102 but they feel a tad less ski/stable. Still need to put more time on them.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Wow.
    I'm considering whether I should move from the 177 to a 183 with the deal still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Hmm…those were the model I bought which says 2021…so that means I have the original “more stout” layup? They are close to my OG Volkl M102 but they feel a tad less ski/stable. Still need to put more time on them.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Curious how these compare to the original bones design? I “think” I remember you skiing the earlier iterations.

Name:  IMG_2049.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  136.4 KB
    183's mounted with Attacks. Kept going back and forth between the line or +1, ended up splitting the difference and mounting at +0.5. Stoked to get them on snow.

^^^Just had a great day today on my 183s just like these ^ so great, feel cat quick relative to the 189s, very agile... I also love the full tip to tail effective edge to edge when linking turns, and still easy to slide if you want to. my camber is about clapped out, I think they're getting better and better as they break in