WTB: "All Mountain" Bike for the kid. Medium-ish.

Soon to be 13 yo needs to size up from his xs old school Reign. He rode NICA last year and will again this year but his passion is more downhill orientated and is def hitting some bigg(er) jumps/drops these days. So a little bit of a conundrum. He's 5'-4" (and growing) which seems to put him in the middle of some sizing but hoping to go w/ a medium so he can hopefully hang on to for a few. Thinking 130-150 suspension? Prob 27.5. Sub 30# would be nice (his Reign clocks in at 32# which is killing him during races he thinks). Also open to suggestions on what to look for.

Name:  Collin DV.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  148.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    . Also open to suggestions on what to look for.

Name:  Collin DV.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  148.2 KB
    I’ll give you a great deal on a small 2021Trek 9.8 XT Slash.
    They run big. I’m 5’7”and ride a lot of park. It's a little over 30 lbs. It need’s a new rear wheel and you could probably get it under 30 with a nice set of wheels.
    It’s in Snowmass and I’m not shipping. But if you show up with cash and a stoked kid, I’ll let it go for 3k.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I’ll give you a great deal on a small 2021Trek 9.8 XT Slash.
    They run big. I’m 5’7”and ride a lot of park. It's a little over 30 lbs. It need’s a new rear wheel and you could probably get it under 30 with a nice set of wheels.
    It’s in Snowmass and I’m not shipping. But if you show up with cash and a stoked kid, I’ll let it go for 3k.
    thx for the offer. will keep it in mind.

Fingers crossed that my wife gets me the birthday present I want, I'll have a size 2 GG Megatrail Revved (carbon front, alloy rear) frame available end of the month. 155 or 165mm travel in the rear depending on flip chip. Can flip the headset cups for -10mm reach. I've got short front cup on to run it MX, but you could get the tall one and run a 27.5 fork. No way a kid will destroy this frame.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    thx for the offer. will keep it in mind.
    No problem. The wheel is actually newly rebuilt. But I kept breaking spokes. Last time I broke two, the shop need a couple of days to rebuild.
    I ride everyday, so I just bought a new bike, with burlier wheels. It also has a SLX derailleur. When I broke the OG, it’s all that was available.
    Good luck and have fun riding with your kid!

I’ve got a medium Revel Rail27 with a nice X01 build and in good condition I’m looking to move on to a good home. A bit more travel than you’re looking for, but it pedals surprisingly well. With some quick tires it’d be a fast bike. It’s fully capable for more gravity stuff too. I’m thinking around $3200. Dm with any questions

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My son is growing out of his old Santa Cruz Blur TrC, he loves that bike but it’s time for it to go. 26” roval carbon wheels and XT build. $1500 in NorCal

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    looks like no smalls or mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    My son is growing out of his old Santa Cruz Blur TrC, he loves that bike but it’s time for it to go. 26” roval carbon wheels and XT build. $1500 in NorCal
    size? what's the travel on that thing? was thinking we'd go to 27.5's but if the price is right...