Has anyone tried MTN 96 Carbon as firm snow touring ski?

Has anyone tried the MTN 96 Carbon and have any thoughts about it? I have currently have the MTN 95 Explore but it needs replacing and I'd like something with similar edge hold and dampening characteristics for steeper firm snow and variable crust days during the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by abcdethan View Post
    Has anyone tried the MTN 96 Carbon and have any thoughts about it? I have currently have the MTN 95 Explore but it needs replacing and I'd like something with similar edge hold and dampening characteristics for steeper firm snow and variable crust days during the spring.
    Have it and really like it. 15-20 days so far, more stable and less chattery than I would’ve thought. Turns super quick and floats ok (haven’t skied it in more than 3-4”).

No experience with 95.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

How would you compare it to other skis in its category? Very close to pulling the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Have it and really like it. 15-20 days so far, more stable and less chattery than I would’ve thought. Turns super quick and floats ok (haven’t skied it in more than 3-4”).

No experience with 95.

Not sure. Had a zg 85 a few years ago, this is much more stable for same weight. 96 is more versatile, better in all conditions. Has praxis ski feel, dos weight is the best comparison I can make. Haven’t skied much else.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid