Low profile goggles that fit with a helmet?

Just bought a new helmet. It's one of the fancy MIPS helmets, K2 Phase.

It's very comfortable, but it comes down much lower on my forehead than my last helmet.

As a result, my tall, high-profile goggles don't fit well. The helmet's brim pushes them down on my nose.

I need a much narrower goggle, that's not so tall, so it will fit with the helmet.

Any suggestions?

i always take my goggles when I try on a helmet or helmet when i try on goggles
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i always take my goggles when I try on a helmet or helmet when i try on goggles
    That would definitely have been smarter, but I've had my last helmet for 20+ years, and wasn't really considering the goggle ramifications of a new helmet.

Well I think your problem might very well be the age of your helmet, i remember i had some kind of an issue with old goggles/ old helmet
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Smith I/OS (the S is for small). They're technically discontinued but there are still new ones floating around out there. Or the spendy newer I/O Mag S

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I think I need a pair of the Jerry Of The Day wrap arounds and a send it head band. That's 80's AF. It'll be like wearing a time machine on my head.

TGR Deeper Toric goggles are lower profile than my Electric and Julbo spherical goggles. I like them a lot, honestly.

I know Smith makes some low bridge goggles.

Something like the Smith Wildcat would be an option? Provided, you can find suitable lenses for your needs.

Bolle has some smaller goggles that I've seen. Not sure the specific model though- Nevada Small or maybe their regular Freeze series. So now you have the new helmet and need goggles, you are best to reverse the process (since you did not try your goggles on when purchasing the helmet of course)... Take your helmet and have to just go to various ski shops and sporting goods stores that sell goggles and try on a number of goggles that fit your face, with of course your helmet on. Or if no stores around, ask others that you ski with about their goggles that you see and are smaller frames and if you can hold them up to your face even if you know them well enough. If you MUST do online, then take some measurements and narrow down by things that are important to you (usually no over the glasses models) - type of lenses, clear for very cloudy days or night skiing, something for mostly sunny days (do you want interchangeable lenses or like I do carry 2 or 3 pair of goggles with different lenses in them rather than trying to change out the lenses each day based on the conditions and visibility... Last option is check with the helmet manufacturer and see what they sell in goggles and recommend for fit with your particular model helmet series. Even the difference between a Small and X-Large helmet size in the same series though could be differences with goggle fit.

Or just pick these up: https://www.ebay.com/itm/15539009013...item242df89b99
    Last edited by RShea; 02-06-2023 at 10:19 AM.

Scott Vapor fit me good and I always have a problem with goggles pushing down on the nose due to small face/head. Smiths was second best. There’s also all the models that come in small sizes but they usually feel like kids goggles.

If you want to go fancy the Smith 4D Mag isn't very tall compared to some of the fishbowls on the market. I have a pair and like them but not enough to justify paying that much money again. I find myself reaching for my Squad XLs more often than the 4D Mags. I would recommend trying the regular Squads (not the XL) to see how it fits your face and your helmet.