Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Plane travel

Oh yeah, that's a speedy plane. Loud as heck when it takes off.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

how you going to roll to the big game?
    https://apnews.com/article/kansas-ci...face2dc32b5217
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Oh yeah, that's a speedy plane. Loud as heck when it takes off.
    Yeah they are, you can hear 'em way before you can see 'em.

It's too bad Wooley ain't around no more. I'd like to hear some stories from the golden age of air travel.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 394
Size:  53.2 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Way before the hoi polloi showed up and ruined it all.

If I ever hit the Powerball jackpot its HondaJet all the way for me. Times get tough I'll learn how to fly it myself.
    Live Free or Die

I flew Virgin Atlantic from Seattle to Heathrow just before Christmas.

48 passengers on a 787.

Purser joked in his pre-take off spiel that he was wondering whether he should introduce the passengers to the cabin crew rather than the more normal other way round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Twice I was the only passenger on a flight from SFO to SLC that was at 5:40 AM. I assume to get the plane back to SLC after a late flight to SFO.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Flew Icelandair to Helsinki about 5 years ago, overnight flight, almost empty. Somewhere way up in the north latitude a very attractive flight attendant gently woke me and whispered that the Northern Lights were visible outside the window. She also asked if I would be more comfortable sleeping up in first class. I thought I was dreaming.

Later during the layover in Reykjavik, I saw another Icelandair flight crew going through the airport. The Captain and Co were leading and all the flight attendants in were following behind in a chevron formation. It was like I was in the twilight zone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19477423_1073175049450486_8338982708411913134_o.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	446508

I had a regional jet flight where the spiel was in the terminal because we were a total of 3 passengers

really liked the mostly empty flights to and from SCL that allowed for laying out in the middle rows and sleeping

Got to say, the most enjoyable flight I remember is flying on FinnAir last summer. Really nicely configured planes in Business Class and the service was impeccable. Our stewardess was a gorgeous blonde in a very tailored blue uniform. When she put on her black leather gloves to disembark, I thought I was in a good dream. And then I woke up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Had one of those mostly empty flights on a big airbus (I think) over to Europe last year. They shuffled us around a bit to get a favorable weight distribution for take off. I was kinda surprised that the ~40 of us on the plane mattered that much in terms of weight. Once we were up to altitude, they told us we could sit wherever we wanted.

The most interesting commercials flights I've taken were Kenmore Air floatplanes from Seattle to Victoria, BC and back. I got to fly in the co-pilot's seat on the return trip. Definitely the way to get to Victoria if you've got the money for it. So quick and easy.

Page three and no treadmills?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You can take vape pens with you on the plane. Just not in checked baggage and you aren't supposed to smoke them. But of course what you are vaping is subject to applicable laws.

We are headed to MX in a few weeks. Wondering if I should risk the THC/CBDs that I've become accustom too. Sure would be nice but I'd hate to be the guy who gets busted for sneaking weed into MX.
    Mexico recently passed some of the most strict anti smoking laws in the world. Might want to stick with edibles if you’re going to risk it.

Agreed with all of the above, in addition to the fact you might have a FedEx plane land on you while preparing to take off….
    https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...x-faa-00081369

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Mexico recently passed some of the most strict anti smoking laws in the world. Might want to stick with edibles if you’re going to risk it.
    Thats just for smoking in public places and workplaces.

Thats just for smoking in public places...
    Which is exactly where I’m smoking so I don’t stink up the hotel room. We go in May so I’m interested to hear your take on the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Got to say, the most enjoyable flight I remember is flying on FinnAir last summer. Really nicely configured planes in Business Class and the service was impeccable. Our stewardess was a gorgeous blonde in a very tailored blue uniform. When she put on her black leather gloves to disembark, I thought I was in a good dream. And then I woke up.
    Yea, Finnair does it right. Had a similar experience flying to Helsinki last fall. I ate an edible and listened to music/read/slept the whole way. It went fast and I didn’t mind it. The return to US was pretty much full flight, so not quite as enjoyable, but they ran a tight ship. I’m going back in April so fingers crossed.

I’d generally prefer not to fly though. Especially with kids.

I think I've been very fortunate the last several years. Had been flying a lot for work and this is what I learned.

1. Never check a bag. Only one carry on backpack that is built for travel and make sure it's a good one!
    2. Noise cancelling headphones the entire flight. Plus bring an old school wired headphone in case the flight has the free TV with the armrest audio. Put the ear bud headphones under your noise cancelling.
    3. Fly direct whenever possible.
    4. At DIA, I always park in the blue economy lot. You can walk from your car to the terminal. Always nice when you return and can walk back to your car and get the fuck home ASAP.
    5. Since you never check a bag, always do the pre-check in and load up that boarding pass on your phone.
    6. Walk fast and walk with a purpose. Don't let the dumb fucks get in your way.
    7. Take the stairs whenever possible. Skip the escalators where the dumb fucks just stand and block everyone.
    8. Bring a tablet or old phone along. Load those up with your pre-downloaded shows from Netflix/Amazon, etc. This will save the battery on your phone that has the data plan.
    9. Bring ear plugs for the deep escape. Put in the ear plugs, then put noise cancelling headphones over (with the noise cancel turned on).
    10. This might not be for everyone, but as soon as I sit down, I put on the headphones and don't give anyone else the time of day. No chit chat and the headphones show everyone that you're not interested.
    11. I'll never fly Spirit Airlines. Never have and never will.
    12. Frontier Airlines is done for me as well, unless I have to. Fuck those hard ass seats.

You can take vape pens with you on the plane. Just not in checked baggage and you aren't supposed to smoke them. But of course what you are vaping is subject to applicable laws.

We are headed to MX in a few weeks. Wondering if I should risk the THC/CBDs that I've become accustom too. Sure would be nice but I'd hate to be the guy who gets busted for sneaking weed into MX.
    I've FLOWN multiple times with pens and edibles in the carry-on to MX and many other places. Never even close to an issue (until it is, I guess).

However, if you plan on going through a Port, have to for whale watching tours and such (in Puerto Vallerta at least), DO NOT take a vape pen. The federales will find it when you put your bag through the xray and just might call in the Marines, don't ask how I found out. I think the only reason Im typing this is because it was literally the first few days Mexico was starting to shut down due to COVID back in March 2020. Scariest 5min of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Which is exactly where I’m smoking so I don’t stink up the hotel room. We go in May so I’m interested to hear your take on the experience.
    We are staying at a private residence w/ its own pool. Nothing fancy, but it is private. Also, as far as vape pens go, they are pretty easy to be sneaky with one you are through the TSA extravaganza.

Just hide it in a jar of peanut butter like we did back in the day.

TSA does not want to find your weed. If they do it's just a pain in the ass for everybody, for nothing.

U.S. Customs, however, would love to find it. Just bring enough of whatever for the trip and ditch any leftovers before you come back.

Doing it proper. We’re doing Barcelo all inclusive with the newly 18yo, last family vacation before college. Will be this first time my daughter sits at the bar with me. And a direct Delta flight will be nice. Fly with my vape every time. But I’m in this country.