Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Plane travel

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    We are staying at a private residence w/ its own pool. Nothing fancy, but it is private. Also, as far as vape pens go, they are pretty easy to be sneaky with one you are through the TSA extravaganza.
    Cancun airport. Gotta go through metal detectors and bag X-ray to get out. That’s the part I don’t like.

I have flown with Wheels Up 3 times. I could really get used to that. I refuse to even ask how much it cost.

Edit- Whoops, thread turned to flying with weed convo. Can't be much help there. Usually have the hookup wherever I am flying to, so I have never felt the need to risk it. Edibles for sure. Had a buddy recently take a work trip and realized he forgot to take his stash out of the suitcase he used. Pretty big surprise when he got to the hotel and unpacked. He ditched it all for the return trip just to be safe.

Honestly, I don't fuck around [with weed and foreign countries], because I don't want to find out.

Here I sit delayed again. Landing after my connector boarding begins. If I miss that flt, it's going to be another long fn day.

Who the fuck decided to make airport seating unsleepable?

I get it. But fuckkk. Sometimes you get fucked and don’t want to sleep on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Here I sit delayed again. Landing after my connector boarding begins. If I miss that flt, it's going to be another long fn day.
    Hmmm, remember when they’d hold a plane for a bit for some connecting passengers, then floor it using extra fuel to make up the time so nobody’s late.
    Is that thing anymore? Because that hasn’t happened to me in years.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Hmmm, remember when they’d hold a plane for a bit for some connecting passengers, then floor it using extra fuel to make up the time so nobody’s late.
    Yup - still happens.

The first part is still a thing. The second, no way.

Just got back from a month in Aus with my 2 kids and wife. 9 flights total and every one was super easy, even the long haul to and from were a dream. A miracle?
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Who the fuck decided to make airport seating unsleepable?

I get it. But fuckkk. Sometimes you get fucked and don’t want to sleep on the floor.
    You know those capsule hotels they have in Japan? Imagine if they introduced something like that to airports. I'd pay for a few hours sleep in one of those. Preferable to when you miss your late night connection due to mechanical/weather delays and then get stuck at freaking DIA overnight where they bus you to a hotel a million miles away (at like 1AM) and then you gotta show back up at like 5 AM to catch the early bird flight they rescheduled you for. That always suuuuucks. Especially when you have kids in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    You know those capsule hotels they have in Japan? Imagine if they introduced something like that to airports. I'd pay for a few hours sleep in one of those. Preferable to when you miss your late night connection due to mechanical/weather delays and then get stuck at freaking DIA overnight where they bus you to a hotel a million miles away (at like 1AM) and then you gotta show back up at like 5 AM to catch the early bird flight they rescheduled you for. That always suuuuucks. Especially when you have kids in tow.
    Minute Suites and Yotel are two options. There are a bunch of other similar things internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Just got back from a month in Aus with my 2 kids and wife. 9 flights total and every one was super easy, even the long haul to and from were a dream. A miracle?
    Sexy wife, month in Australia, nine no-hitch flights. At least your user name seems appropriate.

They do have nap rooms for rent at some airports.

Frontier is having a summer fare special, $300 unlimited flights. Anyone try it previously? I know there are frontier horror stories on a thread or two around here. I've had mostly good luck with them, but I don't fly much and haven't flown more than twice since covid.

Plane travel

Twice I was the only passenger on a flight from SFO to SLC that was at 5:40 AM. I assume to get the plane back to SLC after a late flight to SFO.
    I take the “first flight out” (pre6am) once a month for meetings; SEA to SFO or SNA. Rarely an issue. Fresh ground crew, fresh air crew, plane gassed and ready, empty seats, experienced travelers… easy peasy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Plane travel

JetSuiteX is awesome. $100-$200 more than a commercial flight but you’re in a 30 seat ERJ and flying out of a smaller regional airport closer to your home… It sucks they don’t fly to Boeing field anymore. Did that BFI-OAK run a few times with them. That business model needs to become a thing….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Hmmm, remember when they’d hold a plane for a bit for some connecting passengers,
    They actually did that for us. I asked if I could get off the plane first and she was a wicked bitch and said many people have connections. I just replied, fine, thank you. Whata cunt. So then another flt attendant came over the intercom and asked if everyone would let those with connections off first. Of course idiots with an hour layover got up.

There were 6 of us trying to get ours and when we voiced our time constraints, many sat back down. Landed at 4 and take off 4:15. We ran to the gate and the attendant said they were holding the plane for us. Nobody on the flt in told us they were holding it for us...wtf. They definitely knew.

Somehow my skis made the flight. Suitcase did not.

Haneda gots a sweet transit hotel.

https://www.royalparkhotels.co.jp/th...da/en/transit/

ICN has a nap zone, dark room with comfy recliners. Stay as long as you want.

Go on...

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Go on...

Ha, not sure you could stay 15(?) years.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Sexy wife, month in Australia, nine no-hitch flights. At least your user name seems appropriate.
    Was a good trip, tried for the bathroom but go shot down... flew Quantas there and it was really good service, flew united back which everyone I talked to would be horrible was actually really good. The plane wasn't full so they gave me and my wife our own row to sleep in close to the kids.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230208_130142.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	447064
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

They seem calm considering the plane is in a nose dive

Just a little turbulence.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    They seem calm considering the plane is in a nose dive
    Kids and screens.