Thread: ISO Spring skis

ISO Spring skis

Hi All,
    Throwing this out there for advice from the masses (magses?)
    Im in the market for a new spring ski setup, and with a baby in the home, time is short and I don't feel like I have the bandwidth to do the research on my own.
    I picked up a pair of zero g 85 skis from here a season or two ago and have never gelled with them. Too twitchy, unstable for the inevitable crust, debris, variable snow I run into here in the eastern cascades of WA. I had a dynafit manaslu setup that I loved and skid the volcanos with but the edge of one of the skis collapsed and my risk tolerance for continuing to ski them dropped with the kiddo and how few my mountain escapes have become.
    I believe the manaslus were 98 waist so Im inclined for something in the 95-100 range
    Im 6-1 190
    Intermediate to advanced, wouldnt say aggressive

Ive heard good things about the k2 waybacks, but a few years ago had some 112 coombacks and didnt like them though that was mostly for powder. Im interested to hear about other options or opinions. Ive never skied movements or sportivas and have been curious if its worth venturing into a new brand.

Boots are arcteryx procline gen 1s (non carbon cuff), which Id like to replace at some point with something stiffer but thats what Im working with at the moment.

TIA

The Dynafit Free 97 is pretty close to the Manaslu. The older Dynafit Beast 98 is also similar and can be found cheap.

If you want a pair of Wayback’s I have some Wayback 88’s I’d sell for cheap. I have the K2 skins. Maybe low $300 range.

181cm. Skied a few days. One mount. Some mild scratches on the base but nothing bad.

Looser shape than the Zero G.

I have Elan Ripsticks 96 for that purpose and am very happy with them.

The Kastle TX93's are sweet, very damp for their weight. I work at a ski shop on the East Side of the Cascades & we've got some in stock & could give you a deal.

I’ve got armada locators in a 104 with skis. Skied em twice, just didn’t gel. Not sure how to tell you what to get, but they’re available. I prefer a little width to feel a little more stable, but that’s me. Good luck in your search!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Movement Go line is very worth considering. I've been using the Go 106ti for a year and a half now as a 50/50 and am pleased with it. Damp and light, a nice combination. Ski short, you'd probably be looking at the 186s. Damn do they like spring bumps too. The 98 width is very light, probably more of a dedicated touring stick.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.