Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation ALERT: User m7c6c3 is a scammer, beware

The user m7c6c3 joined the forum only about a week ago. Today he replied to one of my WTB threads, saying:

"This seller is not always active on the forum, but you can reach him at... adress@domain.com"

He has also commented this same thing on at least one other post, apparently trying to lure people off-site. Okay, weird, but I'll bite. I did send an email to this address, and got a very quick reply, saying that they had exactly what I was looking for... a rare item that they were letting go for $50 shipped, which was a steal. I asked the size, they said L. I said this was too large, and how convenient, they reply:

"I can refer you to one of my friend who have medium size for sell if you are interested.lmk... otherAddress@domain.com"

Ok sure, this guy's friend also has the rare item that I'm looking for... I emailed this second person, they also respond immediately. What a coincidence, they have it in M, $56 shipped. To top it off, the scammer accidentally then sent me the same exact message from both adress@domain.com and otheraddress@domain.com, LOL:

"Ohh ok
    I have the medium size available for sale at $56 shipped to anywhere in the state .where are you located ?"

Mods, ban this guy. Luckily he's really dumb and is bad at scamming, so hopefully no one else has been falling for it. I see in his post history he's still trying to do business.

Wait a second…you joined about a week ago as well.
    But thanks for the heads up, I guess?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I am all for low post count gear swap jongs scamming each other.

Reap what you sow....
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

ALERT: User m7c6c3 is a scammer, beware

watch out with WTB it’s a super easy way to get scammed since they can claim they have whatever item and send found internet pics. it doesn’t usually happen around here though.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Who'd have thought someone with the username "m7c6c3" would be a scammer/bot...

Yes, and I'm not trying to sell anything. I joined in a frenzy because I saw someone selling a hardshell that I was salivating over, else I wouldn't even have an account.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Wait a second…you joined about a week ago as well.
    But thanks for the heads up, I guess?

Bruh, I'm a real person. Go ahead and look at my minimal postings, none of them are trying to sell anything. You can even find my name on mountain project and enjoy all my embarrassing posts there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I am all for low post count gear swap jongs scamming each other.

Reap what you sow....

Fucking m series jongs.

If you’re a real human skier pick a real user name.

There’s an m series from upstates that’s killing it in japow but fuck if I could ever tell you what the serial number he has after the m

PS. OP did not the broken engrish make you sus?

Quote Originally Posted by jhollowed View Post
    Yes, and I'm not trying to sell anything. I joined in a frenzy because I saw someone selling a hardshell that I was salivating over, else I wouldn't even have an account.
    The community would like to sincerely thank you for joining solely to get deals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Jeez man! Gear is the doorway to sport for a lot of people, and that's perfectly okay. I wouldn't be trying to get a kit together if I didn't hope to get out there with y'all. By "wouldn't have made an account" I meant "wouldn't know about this forum".

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    The community would like to sincerely thank you for joining solely to get deals.

Jeez man! Gear is the doorway to sport for a lot of people, and that's perfectly okay. I wouldn't be trying to get a kit together if I didn't hope to get out there with y'all. By "wouldn't have made an account" I meant "wouldn't know about this forum".
    My AlpineZone Greg spidey sense is tingling right now…

All I wanna know is if either of you mother fuckers use pole straps. The one with the right answer can stay.

Well if you don't have that perfect shell your TRs are definitely gonna suck, so glad you found us in time!

You don’t fucking get it. Gear Swap is NOT a flea market for outdoor gear. It’s a way for maggots who contribute to this little corner of the interwebs to exchange gear among people we can trust

You pendejos who just want in here to buy/sell gear can go fuck yourselves.
    Or eat a bag of dicks if you ski at Arapaho Basin

dudes, there are assholes that make a career out of sniping good deals on the forum. this guy has made one WTB for some stupid pants. Everyone likes TRs but I don’t think this is the jong you’re looking for.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

"Ohh ok
    I have the medium size available for sale at $56 shipped to anywhere in the state .where are you located ?"

Mods, ban this guy. Luckily he's really dumb and is bad at scamming, so hopefully no one else has been falling for it. I see in his post history he's still trying to do business.
    But will he ship to Canada?
    27° 18°

I'm looking for broken gold pivots

Dear Friend: Welcome. Thanks for the heads-up on the scammer. Ignore the saltiness and stick around. When you have some gear to pass along post it up at a great price and pay it forward.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    My AlpineZone Greg spidey sense is tingling right now…
    for sure

I’m going to join the group who is saying the OP isn’t ruining TGR by hopping on Gear Swap to put out a WTB. And thanks for the PSA. Welcome, find your regional thread and bring some stoke!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I’m going to join the group who is saying the OP isn’t ruining TGR by hopping on Gear Swap to put out a WTB. And thanks for the PSA. Welcome, find your regional thread and bring some stoke!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This. Don’t forget to pay in bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    You don’t fucking get it. Gear Swap is NOT a flea market for outdoor gear. It’s a way for maggots who contribute to this little corner of the interwebs to exchange gear among people we can trust
    You guys sure spend a lot of time here on the "interwebs", maybe some time outside would help.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    You guys sure spend a lot of time here on the "interwebs", maybe some time outside would help.
    Was out yesterday touring resort side country after a lift bump up for 4 1/2 hours. -14º F and windy as fuck here mid mountain today so gonna pass.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    Dude skis everyday go fuck yourself.

Just checking in on this wholesome thread