Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

European flight questions for end of March

My wife has a work event in London end of March and I would like to try to meet her somewhere on the continent but FKNA flight are expensive right now. Places I'm open to a few destinations and hoping the collective has any suggestions for affordable flight from PDX or Seattle ? I'm interested in Portugal, Madrid and France. Not too interested in London or Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    My wife has a work event in London end of March and I would like to try to meet her somewhere on the continent but FKNA flight are expensive right now. Places I'm open to a few destinations and hoping the collective has any suggestions for affordable flight from PDX or Seattle ? I'm interested in Portugal, Madrid and France. Not too interested in London or Ireland.
    I'm surprised that there isn't some method of checking airfares on the internet.

I've been keeping an eye on flights to London for a trip in the next couple of months. Fares seem kinda average for direct flights there from Seattle, around $650 to $1K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

End of March ? On the European continent ?

There is only one true answer, attend BBI.

EuroBBI2023 March 26-31 2023 https://www.mt-lodge.com/ Rueras, CH
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=348460
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    End of March ? On the European continent ?

There is only one true answer, attend BBI.
    I'll end up divorced cause I would ditch her ass in a hot second to ski with the pack.

Google flights is pretty useful for finding the cheapest fares. I'm seeing around $700 RT in peasant class.

We just booked mileage seats on United from Aspen to Lisbon for the middle of March, two weeks ago, for the base milage rate.

https://www.kayak.com/explore/SEA-82...30301,20230331

Not sure what your dates are, but here's R/T for $635 from Seattle to Lisbon on BA: https://www.cheapoair.com/air/paymen...hirdparty=true

Similar pricing for Zurich, Frankfurt, Milan if your more regional. $535 into London. But I would agree with the above that $700 R/T is pretty realistic for this timing and the market right now.

Which isn't bad at all in my book - around $350 each way with just one stop.

Grabbed BOS to LHR roundtrip for $586 with carry on only last week. Could a been $500 but I wanted nonstop flights for the wife and two adult kids on specific slightly more expensive days at specific times of day. Found on Kayak, purchased through BA site, outbound is on American, return is on BA.

We are keeping an eye out for Montreal > Bordeaux in late May, but it hasn't dropped below $1350+ r/t.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    We are keeping an eye out for Montreal > Bordeaux in late May, but it hasn't dropped below $1350+ r/t.
    I know Montreal is easier for us up here in South Canada, but try BOS.

Depending when and where, I have seen business class to Yurp for $1,700 rt. Do some searches on teh Googles.

lisbon for 493cad round trip. they have surfing and wine.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    lisbon for 493cad round trip. they have surfing and wine.
    Bordeaux has cycling and better wine.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I know Montreal is easier for us up here in South Canada, but try BOS.
    Last year there were direct flights, so I hope they will return once the tourist season picks up again.

Bordeaux has cycling and better wine.
    Sign me up for both!

BOD is expensive; we flew out of there on a one-way mileage ticket a few years ago and the milage price, by region, worked out fine.

Looks like in May you can get down to $700 r/t if your dates are flexible. Or are you game to fly into somewhere else regionally and hopper-flight/train to Bordeaux?

Anyone have tips for flying to Ireland? We need to get from Minneapolis to Dublin at the end of June. Tickets are over $1100 right now. Not sure if there are better cities to fly to first and the pop over like London?
    Last edited by jerlane; 03-12-2023 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    Anyone have tips for flying to Ireland? We need to get from Minneapolis to Dublin at the end of June. Tickets are over $11100 right now. Not sure if there are better cities to fly to first and the pop over like London?
    Do you have miles?

This is a map for flights in June, 4-10 days of duration. If you click on a specific city then scroll down there is a blue graph that gives a rough price guide for the month/day. In general you're looking at $1000+.

https://www.kayak.com/explore/MSP-20...tionrange=4,10

Looks like you could potentially save some money going into London, but it would be a question of the hopper cost.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Do you have miles?

This is a map for flights in June, 4-10 days of duration. If you click on a specific city then scroll down there is a blue graph that gives a rough price guide for the month/day. In general you're looking at $1000+.

https://www.kayak.com/explore/MSP-20...tionrange=4,10

Looks like you could potentially save some money going into London, but it would be a question of the hopper cost.
    Thanks for the info!

Ireland was too pricey when I looked for March tickets. So extending the trip on front end and back end by a few days each and flying into London. Cheap tickets can be found into Ireland from there. Super cheap via Super budget Ryanair ($25). We went for slightly better at under $100.

Probably spending the same amount, but we've never been to London and can cross it off the list

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

The europeeans have been fighting since for evah, pretty sure they will still be at it by March.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Google flights is pretty useful for finding the cheapest fares.
    Usually, although it sometimes pays to check the airlines' websites. Just last week my daughter was trying to book a flight from Seattle to Indianapolis on Google Flights and it was for some reason not showing her an Alaskan Airlines nonstop flight. My wife checked Alaskan's website because we have miles with them, and sure enough she was able to book the nonstop for zero dollars, just using miles. Could not figure out why it wouldn't come up on the Google Flights search.

Anyone have experience with Air Canada? They seem to have somewhat decent fares to Dublin. They fly through Toronto which I’ve heard mixed reviews about.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

what do you want to know about them? they have a lot of movies on the little screens but you should bring your own headphones.

and yeah, lots of delays in toronto.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi