FS/FT: Fritschi Tecton Carbon 12 100mm

Brand new in Box. I picked up two pairs of these but want to set up one of my skis with....... Shifts.... I know.

I would trade for the current Shift 13s with 110mm brakes. They need to have the din window bumps.

$350
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Unless I'm wildly mistaken, it would either have to be a carbon 13 or a non-carbon 12. The DIN rating got bumped to 13 with the introduction of the carbon model.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    Unless I'm wildly mistaken, it would either have to be a carbon 13 or a non-carbon 12. The DIN rating got bumped to 13 with the introduction of the carbon model.
    You are mistaken, last season was the first year of the Carbon and they were 12 DIN. This season they updated again bumping the DIN to 13.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    You are mistaken, last season was the first year of the Carbon and they were 12 DIN. This season they updated again bumping the DIN to 13.
    I'll be damned, you're right, my mistake.

$350 shipped

Formerly Rludes025

FS/FT: Fritschi Tecton Carbon 12 100mm

Pm sent
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Some nibbles but no bites.

Formerly Rludes025

Just curious, why are you going with shifts? Lots of reports of comparable downhill performance on shift v tecton and tecton obviously wins out on uphill performance. Shift probably is more durable, but wondering what else is going on there. I've got some tectons on order which is why I'm asking.

Also, why not duke pt? I know it's cool to hate on Marker and all, but it seems like such a better design than shifts, especially if you've got a tecton in your quiver. You could cover both ends of the beefy touring binding spectrum with the duke + tecton. Again, trying to get my quiver figured out so wondering about this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dan816 View Post
    Also, why not duke pt? I know it's cool to hate on Marker and all, but it seems like such a better design than shifts, especially if you've got a tecton in your quiver. You could cover both ends of the beefy touring binding spectrum with the duke + tecton. Again, trying to get my quiver figured out so wondering about this stuff
    I’ve never had problems with Shifts. But sold mine as they just don’t look/feel durable. Just a feel when I look at them.

I have two pairs of Duke PTs….and they are great. Ski well and durable. Haven’t toured a ton on them though.

Also have an unmounted CAST set-up and an ATK FR 14 both looking for a ski.

My thinking is Duke PT or CAST for durable travel/side country set-up and an ATK for a light pair of skis.

I think the Tecton and Shift are kind of stuck in the middle of those two set-ups now.

I’d still probably rather ski the Shift in steep sketch than the Tectons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just curious, why are you going with shifts? Lots of reports of comparable downhill performance on shift v tecton and tecton obviously wins out on uphill performance. Shift probably is more durable, but wondering what else is going on there. I've got some tectons on order which is why I'm asking.
    Tectons are grea,t I kept a pair for one setup. Shift ski better though and work with all my boots. I’m not a huge Shift fan just for what I want they make the most sense on this ski. I have CAST on a couple other skis but want something all contained at a reasonable complete weight that also works with both my Chochise and Radical boots. I would probably get Duke PT 16 instead of the CAST if I didn’t have it already, only for easier boot swapping. If I can find a pair of 12s for cheap I may go that route here.

Also… taking toes on and off sucks, that goes for both the CAST and Duke PTs. Certain types of snow make this way worse.

Formerly Rludes025

Interested but I’d need to bend the brakes for some 107 waist skis. I don’t recall how straightforward that is for these.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Interested but I’d need to bend the brakes for some 107 waist skis. I don’t recall how straightforward that is for these.
    easy peasy ...

Sold

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    They’ll possibly fit without bending. I got some 90mm on a pair of 116 skis with minimal tweaking.

If anyone is still looking, I have a pair with 110 brakes. Same bindings, new in box, same deal. $350 shipped.

Argh wish you’d PM’d me…didn’t see this thread update & I ordered these same bindings for $410 from Evo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    something all contained at a reasonable complete weight that also works with both my Chochise and Radical boots.
    Gotcha, makes sense.

Duke pt seems like a CAST killer. I'm sure some people will insist that they need a pivot in the backcountry, but I can't imagine that there are that many people who actually need the very highest performing binding in the bc. Im sure there are plenty of people who like to think they need it...