Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29
Results 701 to 716 of 716
  1. #701
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    O+Positive
    Posts
    2,812
    Stuck one skinny meat eater for Thanksgiving break before the water dropped out. One of my biggest pet peeves with Utah is there is no rhyme, reason or warning when the dam operators decide to shut down flows to a trickle or turn on the firehose.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thanks.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	477275
    Montani Semper Liberi

  2. #702
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,632
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3007.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	477437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3014.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	477440

    South Carolina pond bass, a brief respite on Thanksgiving. Topwater in late November!

  3. #703
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    369
    the other type of trout.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6879.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	709.3 KB 
ID:	477468

  4. #704
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3007.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	477437Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3014.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	477440

    South Carolina pond bass, a brief respite on Thanksgiving. Topwater in late November!
    I use the same Zara Spook Jr on lake powell with great success. Walk the dog!

  5. #705
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    3,985
    i was promised huge, colored up browns

    Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  6. #706
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    4,279
    tgapp, you have a smoker? start bonking those whities. gut, rinse, brine, smoke, make whitefish dip, die fat and happy.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  7. #707
    Rasputin's Avatar
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    4,348
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icewf.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	930.5 KB 
ID:	477678
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coldshore.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	477679
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

  8. #708
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    tgapp, you have a smoker? start bonking those whities. gut, rinse, brine, smoke, make whitefish dip, die fat and happy.
    aren't the bones a PITA though? And a hot smoker will work, yeah?

    Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  9. #709
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    4,279
    They can be, but when you smoke em to fall off the bone its pretty easy to pick out. I usually smoke em at 225.
    A few years ago I caught a few whities, brined them in this:
    3/4 cup kosher salt
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup honey
    8 cups lukewarm water

    Then smoked them, picked the meat off, made homemade empanada dough, mixed the whitefish with some cream cheese and red salsa, stuffed the empanadas, then froze them in packs of 2-4 to cook from frozen at a later date.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  10. #710
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    I use the same Zara Spook Jr on lake powell with great success. Walk the dog!
    On a boat I'll always have a spook and a Lucky Craft Sammy 115 tied on and bounce back and forth btwn the 2. I have a rod dedicated to each bait. They sometimes want the slightly more subtle walking movement of the Sammy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lucky_craft_sammy_115_2.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	477684   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51QvkGXiWhL.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	477685  

  11. #711
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,395

    2023 Fish-Pic-O-Rama

    Striper on the middle spook from earlier this month, they love them. My favorite way to fish for them during the day.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1701270348.886014.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	477701
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1701270383.259380.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	477702

  12. #712
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    6,962
    ^^^that rebel jumpin is the tittays early morning spring, flat calm estuary, knocking out schoolies.

    I actually just loaded one this weekend for a smaller profile glider. One day I burned my minnow in fast and it got caught underwater, great action. Little wobble.

    Ill let ya know how it goesin 5-6 months.
    Decisions Decisions

  13. #713
    Rasputin's Avatar
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    4,348
    Along with yesterday's snow, came warmer temps in Missoula; I thought it would make for less ice floes in the river, and it did.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowchurnJPG.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	478233


    The fishing was slow, but I caught two and a half fish, one midsized trout which came off as he bumped the edge of my net, one whitefish, and one 18 inch rainbow (pictured Neckdeep style). I also hooked another big trout, it was directly downstream in heavy current, and when I tried to move it sideways into soft water, the hook straightened out, and the fish came off. The outing was absolutely worth standing in freezing water with a leak in my hip boot for a few hours.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowtrout.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	927.9 KB 
ID:	478234
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

  14. #714
    Rasputin's Avatar
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    4,348
    It was very much warmer today, which did nothing for the trout fishing, but the whitefish saved the day, several of them, most taking a worm.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rentdaywhite.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	478462
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

  15. #715
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Along with yesterday's snow, came warmer temps in Missoula; I thought it would make for less ice floes in the river, and it did.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowchurnJPG.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	478233


    The fishing was slow, but I caught two and a half fish, one midsized trout which came off as he bumped the edge of my net, one whitefish, and one 18 inch rainbow (pictured Neckdeep style). I also hooked another big trout, it was directly downstream in heavy current, and when I tried to move it sideways into soft water, the hook straightened out, and the fish came off. The outing was absolutely worth standing in freezing water with a leak in my hip boot for a few hours.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowtrout.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	927.9 KB 
ID:	478234
    Nice fish Rasputin. If you are really doing all of this with hip boots let me know and I can likely scrounge up a pair of stockingfoot chest waders and boots for you. They'd be used and may take me a month but let me know your wader and boot size if you are interested.

  16. #716
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    3,985
    Whoa Rasputin you don't got waders? I can also hook a brother up, especially with all the stoke you share. Let me know if I can help too. Got quite a few pairs + some boots, too (mostly size 11m), etc

    thanks for the stoke

    Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •