myadcenter.google.com

You might as well know what they think they know about you. Maybe there's something you'd like to change on there. I'm looking at you, Meadow Skipper.

I'm proud for some reason that all google knows about me is my approximate age, that I am male, and that I speak Engrish.

myadcenter.google.com

Same, and that I am married, and somehow am in a high income bracket. I blame TGR related searches for that one. Or cause I am a homeowner.

Google is tracking an account that I haven’t used in prolly 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    You might as well know what they think they know about you. Maybe there's something you'd like to change on there. I'm looking at you, Meadow Skipper.

I'm proud for some reason that all google knows about me is my approximate age, that I am male, and that I speak Engrish.
    What, a few lingerie ads never hurt anyone. And at least one person I know (and am currently dating) seems to appreciate my research.

Though just skimming that site, they don’t seem to know much about me.

Heh, Google has my age and marital status right... It also thinks I work for a large employer in the technology industry making high earner status with a bachelors degree, while speaking English and Dutch.

Looks like I’m punching up from my actual blue collar poor ass loser status.

Do you actually speak Dutch?

I'm kinda all in on google (pixel phone, gmail, photos, drive, android auto, etc) so it's no surprise they know stuff, but their WAG about my job is "Technology" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Looks like I’m punching up from my actual blue collar poor ass loser status.
    Dude you're not poor any more.

Dude you're not poor any more.
    That kind of thinking is how you get poor again!

My Google thing said I speak Welsh. No idea how they got that. And I don't think I've seen any ads targeting me, in Welsh.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

How would you know?

How would you know?
    Absence of vowels.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Shit I would've known too, duh.

Google knows more than they have listed for sure.

I have all settings turned to private, and they claim to know nothing about me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I have all settings turned to private, and they claim to know nothing about me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Same. Although everytime my wife searches for something on her computer I start getting ads for the widget on my phone. I assume Comcast and the router we use has something to do with that, but I'm definitely not an IT expert by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    My Google thing said I speak Welsh. No idea how they got that. And I don't think I've seen any ads targeting me, in Welsh.
    Turns out unintelligible drunk posting looks suspiciously like welsh, or its something like this - https://www.reddit.com/r/Scotland/co...ingle_article/

I'm at the age where depends ads start being pushed. Do a search on bikinis and problem solved.

Wfydddycchhylchh.

Well this is rad. Evidently sometime in the past, I must've shut off personalized ads as the option is set to "Off" and all the fields are blank. Incognito, baby! ...sorta

That's just Google, though. I'm sure the Facebook tracking bots are still crawling all over the place as evidenced by other ads that are obviously targeted like dog food or a random appliance I was looking up.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Same, and that I am married, and somehow am in a high income bracket. I blame TGR related searches for that one.
    So THAT must explain why I've gotten ads for Robb Report and private jet reviews. Well, jokes on them!!! [crawls back under hood of broke down salvage car]

Google does carbon dating?

Somebody thinks I own a business because I've been deluged with calls from people who want to help me get some kind of payments for my employees I'm entitled to. OTOH the spam for extended warranties seems to have stopped--or at least the spam filter is working better.