Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Ya sure, bro?

It sure seems like he was referring to a subset of his employees (problem employees) that he has to keep due to staffing issues, but who am I to let reading comprehension get in the way of righteous indignation?

Fun fact: I just gave 3 months notice at my job. Interpret that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Haha, yeah. Looks like we should cancel weekend and evening plans for a while so I can help cover sue's work when she quits in 2 weeks. Thank goodness mgmt doesn't know so they don't have the opportunity to shuffle staff around in preparation!

Happy I'm making time in my busy schedule to chat with you?
    that is exactly what an owner should do. work - it's your business. you own the capital - the workers do not

are you fucking insane? I mean for real. Have you ever read marx or engels?

are you just putting it on now?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    I. It'd be nice to see common courtesies and the Mutual Gratification Society come back into vogue.
    ]
    Ditto. Too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    Ya sure, bro?

It sure seems like he was referring to a subset of his employees (problem employees) that he has to keep due to staffing issues, but who am I to let reading comprehension get in the way of righteous indignation?

l.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s likely the coworkers new ahead of time and planned accordingly. Whoosh

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Or they knew ahead of time and didn't give a fuck. lt's not my job to take up the slack, that's what I have five managers for.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Or they knew ahead of time and didn't give a fuck. lt's not my job to take up the slack, that's what I have five managers for.
    That’s my point.

All the Lumbergs in this thread just continue their circle jerk

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Surprised no one has mentioned this.

WSJ headline today: Unemployment Falls to 3.4%, Lowest in 53 Years.

This says it even more starkly:
    "Employers had 11 million job openings at the end of December, or nearly double the number of unemployed people looking for work that month, the Labor Department said earlier this week."
    Last edited by Nobody Famous; 02-03-2023 at 09:10 PM.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Ive only been in mgmt for the past few years, so all ive known is an industry going gangbusters and everyone scrambling to hire any warm body they can. And in that landscape, we have been constantly under/barely staffed and have had to keep on problem employees because we cannot afford to lose their 15hrs of productive work every week (out of 40). I would love to replace these shitty employees, but damn it has been a difficult hiring environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    Ya sure, bro?

Fun fact: I just gave 3 months notice at my job. Interpret that as you will.
    May your next work experience be filled with warm bodies and a manager who spends his days talking shit about you online. Praise be.

Quote Originally Posted by FortySixMac View Post
    States they are unable to maintain balance between other job and this one. The job I employed them for was part-time (one day per week, one weekend per month). Their other job is four days per week.

are you sure he didn't quit 6 days ago, and you just realized it the day he did not show

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2023-02-01-at-3.18.42-PM.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	667.8 KB 
ID:	446074

Ok. deadlines gets missed, client fires the company, no more work to do so the whole team gets laid off.

I have seen that happen.

The point of this thread is that it's an asshole move to no notice quit when people rely on you, and have treated you decently or better.
    You twat

It’s not an asshole move if that’s what they need to do

I have given no notice because one the job wasn’t going well and new gig wanted me now

It was in best interest to leave

If your resource/employee quit to skiing - well that happens

You own the company. That employee is not invested in the out come

Why should they? What do you give that isn’t normal for a decent job? What you give is the bare minimum and you think it is fucking gold

The point of this thread is that it's an asshole move to no notice quit when people rely on you, and have treated you decently or better.
    "Decently or better," seems like a pretty low bar that you've set for management. It's also pretty subjective, especially given what some managers and business owners think/believe.

It’s not always loyalty or future reference.

Sometimes we do things for common courtesy

Yeah. You can yell FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING CUNT to a stranger at the grocery store. But why? Because we are supposed to be civilized.

PS. Had some job interviews where they said they could start tomorrow even though they had a full time job. Fuck that. Might as well confess your fentanyl addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It’s not always loyalty or future reference.

Sometimes we do things for common courtesy

Yeah. You can yell FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING CUNT to a stranger at the grocery store. But why? Because we are supposed to be civilized.
    hahahaha, yep. Common courtesy is dead to the twats in this thread.

as oposed to the Twats that only wana pay shit wages for 1/5th of a person and wonder why they don't stick around or give notice?

I was helping a contracter ski bro put new windows in a house cuz i said i would,

it snowed 19cms the night before and he said to me " I can't believe your showed up "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My teen had a shit part time summer job. Wanted to ghost.

I told him give notice and suck it up.

This is the way.

Siding with the man over your own kid? Sounds about right

hahahaha, yep. Common courtesy is dead to the twats in this thread.
    I extend common courtesy to everyone I meet. If I know someone, like a douchebag clueless employer, I may or may not. Clearly someone as wise and experienced as you can understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Siding with the man over your own kid? Sounds about right
    Yep.
    Shit job. Boss kept all the tips. Such a dick.

I supported his decision to quit.
    But I’m trying to raise a human.
    Very proud so far. He’s amazing.

Yep.
    Shit job. Boss kept all the tips. Such a dick.

I supported his decision to quit.
    But I’m trying to raise a human.
    Very proud so far. He’s amazing.
    Sounds like you’re raising a sheep

Employees Quitting

If the bossman was keeping tips that should have been going to employees that is straight up theft and he deserves worse than ghosting. Kid should have quit on the spot. Poor lesson to suck it up unless you’re raising a boot licker

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I was helping a contracter ski bro put new windows in a house cuz i said i would,

it snowed 19cms the night before and he said to me " I can't believe your showed up "
    One of my top production staff who i kind of came up with in the company does music as his "thing", the way that skiing is my "thing" (except he's good enough to be paid to do his thing haha). He had the opportunity to go on a 3 month international tour with his band last year but was waffling because of the time off work. i told him to GTFO there and i would be pissed if he didnt take this opportunity to go on a fucking international rock tour, and that it would suck for our team, but we would figure that shit out if it meant he got to pursue his life dream like that. But he also gave me like 4 months notice... because he's not a twat.

19cm sounds like so much more snow than 8". I probably wouldnt skip out on a morning of work for 8" overnight either if i knew someone was counting on my work that morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Sounds like you’re raising a sheep

Never seen a highroad worth taking, eh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen-Shot-2023-02-01-at-3.18.42-PM.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	667.8 KB 
ID:	446074
    I prefer the prime age which is only 2 percentage points off an all time high. The full labor force has a ton of 57-64 that got out during COVID and are never coming back.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS11300060

Sounds like OP was not maybe too up to date with what was going on with his employees. I've never had somebody quit that I didn't expect to at some point soon.

He had a fair hourly wage. Beach snack shack.
    But it was a suck job. And the boss stealing tips was the last straw.

So yeah. I’m raising a sheep.

But not really. He’s a shark. Super smart and motivated.

I’m just trying to teach him courtesy.

Never seen a highroad worth taking, eh?
    Dude, you have no idea about me. I’ve been in your spot as a hospital administrator. My employees begged me to stay when I moved back to WA. I have empathy for anyone working for a living. My employer threw a huge raise to get me to stay. I gave two months notice. So save your smug and sanctimonious attitude for someone who doesn’t know what it’s all about. I’m a lot older than you and have probably taken the high road at every opportunity in real life. You’re an immature self important twat. Like most of the managers I worked with when I was one. The management culture is nauseating.