Black Diamond JetForce problems

I’ve got a Halo 28 jetforce avi backpack. There seems to be a problem with the battery. Talked to black Diamond about it and they said the battery’s are no longer made and they can’t replace it. Best they can do is a 40% off coupon on a new one. Which is extra lame. Anyone have experience trying to find a replacement? Or am I just stuck with a $1,000 paper weight?

Bump

FWIW - there are a number of reviews on the internet for the older BD JF packs that reach the same result. Pretty lame.

I had the same thing happen to my Jet Force and stuck with the same 40% off code. I’m hoping they have an e2 (or some other super cap) system announcement soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiJitsu View Post
    I had the same thing happen to my Jet Force and stuck with the same 40% off code. I’m hoping they have an e2 (or some other super cap) system announcement soon.
    E2 already exists, BCA and Scott have bags with it. Not much of a change from E1 though

Not sure where you are located, but in California they would be required to provide repair parts for 7 years from last date of sale. If they can't, I believe they'd need to replace the device. Some other states have similar laws.

If they're not offering a battery replacement I'd push back on it to either get a free or more steeply discounted replacement. These bags are routinely available for 40% off new so that's not much of a gesture, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Not sure where you are located, but in California they would be required to provide repair parts for 7 years from last date of sale. If they can't, I believe they'd need to replace the device. Some other states have similar laws.

If they're not offering a battery replacement I'd push back on it to either get a free or more steeply discounted replacement. These bags are routinely available for 40% off new so that's not much of a gesture, IMO.
    I do live in California, they were pretty adamant that all they could do was the %40 off. I thought I was pretty persistent about how lame that was and they pretty much told me to kick rocks. I guess I could call and try again

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Strokes View Post
    I do live in California, they were pretty adamant that all they could do was the %40 off. I thought I was pretty persistent about how lame that was and they pretty much told me to kick rocks. I guess I could call and try again
    The CA law requires repair, replacement, or buyback. I think a pro-rated refund is an option but I don't see 40% cutting it given that the product lifespan should be at least 7 years. I'd definitely call back or email and press a little harder - not supporting products at this level is really ridiculous.

A little more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips...ufacturers_of/

Another BD product issue not made right, and another reminder why BD sucks.