Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Somewhat. At times you might skin across a sketch area. One at a time. Etc.

No way they laid that track one at a time. It was a skin party.

Yeah. The ridge is the safe route. That bowl needs to be bulletproof to lay that skin track. And it was. On that day.
    We are seeing a lot of back country newbs here that are stacking switch backs when there are obvious, safer options available.

And I'll echo the spacing even when there isn't much concern. It's a best, safest possible policy imo. In the past I've definitely been cocky and over confident and been less than safe, I regret that now and prefer to stick to the safest plans because shit, we are humans and we all fuck up!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

What are your thoughts on skiing w family?

For example on a cat or heli skiing day would you want to split up parent and child into separate groups to avoid the unimaginable tragedy of losing a spouse and a child in the same slide or accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    What are your thoughts on skiing w family?

For example on a cat or heli skiing day would you want to split up parent and child into separate groups to avoid the unimaginable tragedy of losing a spouse and a child in the same slide or accident?
    I probably wouldn’t take my spouse or child if I thought the slide danger was that high. I’m pretty conservative and I would question the guides if I had concerns

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums