Pivot Brake swap assistance needed Frange/SLC

So i watch the damned video on the Youtubes to do a brake swap and seemed easy enough. I was able to get the old brakes off no problem but struggling to get the new heel assembly back together again. I'm in the CO front range but heading to SLC for Friday -Sunday as well. I stopped by a few shops and neither was willing to tackle the problem. Anyone around that can pull this off for a fee (person or shop works)?

Gracias

I did the same and could not get the base plate to stay on when reinserting the spring. Did bend the plate to square it back up but no luck. I can get the plate on so did a test mount without the spring and then adding the spring last after mounting and it works well that way.

Assemble the whole heel and brake WITHOUT the spring.
    Then place the spring in-between the baseplate and the brakes, line it up, and use a hammer on a big flat head screwdriver to mash it into place.
    Easiest and safest way to put the spring back in. Been doing it that way since first bending brakes in 2004.

Let me know if you can't figure that one out.
    If not I'll go find a pivot brake assembly in the garage and get Mrs Dee to video me installing the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Let me know if you can't figure that one out.
    If not I'll go find a pivot brake assembly in the garage and get Mrs Dee to video me installing the spring.
    You are a true gentleman and scholar. Won't have time to dick with this tonight prior to my salt lake departure tomorrow but will try at some point next week. Pending future failure I'll hit you up for the video but hoping it doesn't come to that. Thanks for the info and offer.