Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    That said, find out what kind of cut she likes, buy used or antique then reset the stone in whatever ring design she likes, .
    We recycled the diamond from the ring her 1st husband gave her into a modern setting she liked and then I think the jeweler forgot to send us a bill so I guess it cost me nothing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Pearl Necklace?

Bukkake her and ask for hand in marriage!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Neither did I. Gave her a mountain bike as an engagement thing.
    ha, I did that too (along with a ring that my mom gave me). still didn't make the marriage work.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Congratulations!

I was young, 23, so I’ve got no good advice on diamonds.

But I will say that having your best friend as you partner by your side over the years is far beyond what the ring really says or does. Our rings reside in a jewelry box. She was somewhat active but also working in a hospital with gloves, wasn’t so practical. I was a scrawny kid so mine doesn’t fit anymore at 48. For us they are just another thing while we grow old together and enjoy ourselves.

Hoping you have that same success!

29 posts in and no requests for pics of the future wife? This place is slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    29 posts in and no requests for pics of the future wife? This place is slipping.
    A lot of us know Brock. Frankly we're terrified to see the woman who would have him.

Congrats mang. my daughter's gonna be here tonight, I'll ask her. She probably has some ideas but in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

go local and get a H or I in color (can't tell the difference with the naked eye from the truly colorless), VS2 clarity without obvious inclusions - also wont be able to tell the difference from perfect, and cut ratio is the most important thing as far as sparkle, assuming round brilliant (the classic cut and the one with the best resale if it all doesn't work out.
    This is what I did. Also best advice is to visit 3-4 different stores and pick the diamond first and work your best deal onthat ONLY. Once you got that you can work the rest of the stones and rings custom.

Now-a-days I would also include the blue Nile route. Gives you a gauge on price. Local places WILL negotiate against each other so don't be shy.

Most important get her input of shape and design so there is no later regret.

I used to worry about cost when I was younger, but as someone suggested earlier...in the end its a drop in the bucket for the big ticket items (cars, houses, medical, etc) you will face in life.

Congrats.

If she's a keeper she'll be good with you spending the money on ski gear and travel instead..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Congrats!

I am thinking the Diamond District in any big city may yield a beautiful ring for a bit less than Jarred. I was poor when we married, so Mrs L2S got the big ring for a 5th year anniversary gift and frankly with most people not lasting 10 years that may be a better point in time to give her the big rock.
    Anyways, congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    This is what I did. Also best advice is to visit 3-4 different stores and pick the diamond first and work your best deal onthat ONLY. Once you got that you can work the rest of the stones and rings custom.

Now-a-days I would also include the blue Nile route. Gives you a gauge on price. Local places WILL negotiate against each other so don't be shy.

Most important get her input of shape and design so there is no later regret.

I used to worry about cost when I was younger, but as someone suggested earlier...in the end its a drop in the bucket for the big ticket items (cars, houses, medical, etc) you will face in life.

Congrats.
    FWIW, I did compare the online guys last time and going direct to a guy in the diamond district (not a storefront on 47th, I would not recommend that - they have huge overhead therefore big upcharges) was a way better deal by karat, and the cut ratios were way better as well for what I compared. Websites aren't cheap to build I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by tromano View Post
    Apathy is harder for me to understand than passion.

Shane Company, on the corner State and 7200s. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Shane Company, on the corner State and 7200s. 😂
    Finally someone who knows what's up.

Ms Boissal got a raw diamond. It's completely uncut, small, a very unostentatious. Exactly what she wanted, she scoffed at the idea of getting a big rock and said she'd rather go on 5 vacations.
    She picked the stone, designed a cool ring around it, and now spends an inordinate amount of time explaining to people what that weird stone is on her finger. Under 1k for the whole thing and we're 4 vacations in. Worth it.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Just checking in to say that in hindsight I should have involved the future Mrs Cruiser in the design process for her ring. As it turned out the original setting lasted like 3 years before she had the stones reset.

I was fortunate to have some stones to use and I should have just proposed with a dummy ring box or whatever so that she'd have been able to have the kind of input she needed. Oh well. Gonna be 20 years this August if I play my cards right...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Guys, chicks don’t want your grandmas mine cut diamond—give it to your sister or something. Also, recycling an ex’s diamond is bad juju. And mountain bikes are an anniversary present. I’m not sure what an uncut diamond signifies. May as well save that money to pay for the taxi rides and a nice dinner on all your vacations.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Bone up and search here. Local guys where we lived were disappointing and expensive. Online purchase was a no-brainer
    https://www.pricescope.com/

Went with these guys. They were awesome. Any of the majors will be good, pick the vendor based on the stone you want (see search above).
    https://www.whiteflash.com
    This is the way. If you feel icky about blood diamonds etc. - Brilliant Earth is good as well.
    I got a banger of a canadian diamond from whiteflash.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Guys, chicks don’t want your grandmas mine cut diamond—give it to your sister or something. Also, recycling an ex’s diamond is bad juju. And mountain bikes are an anniversary present. I’m not sure what an uncut diamond signifies. May as well save that money to pay for the taxi rides and a nice dinner on all your vacations.
    well i was #2 and she is on #5 last time i heard so I don't think it really mattered

and I'm pretty sure she still has that nice looking ring

and the world is empty an meaningless until YOU give it some

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Also, recycling an ex’s diamond is bad juju..
    Wait till you find out XXXer uses her ex’s cock ring as well!

Circle of life and all that.

I bought a lab grown diamond from one of the online companies and went to a local jeweler for a custom band and setting. If I we’re to do it again, I’d do it exactly the same.

The lady and I went to a few jewelry stores, so I knew what she wanted for the band.

I chose clarity and color over size. A large, low quality diamond is a pretty bad look IMO.

My non-solicited opinion: The fact that engagements are supposed to be a “surprise” is one of the stupidest western traditions ever; for a myriad of reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

This thread is pretty intriguing.

Had no clue people weren’t doing the whole surprise thing. Makes a lot of sense though. People keep telling me to “find out what she likes”…. well how the fuck are you supposed to do that while keeping it a “surprise”

Good info being discussed.

So for a more active gal a high setting isn’t ideal. But does a low setting take away from that “flashlight” glow?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Wait till you find out XXXer uses her ex’s cock ring as well!

Circle of life and all that.
    well your mom didn't really like metal objects shoved up her gina so we didn't recycle the cock ring eh

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1674704779.072204.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	444587

Diamonds are passé, Amore rings are the way to go for action seek spouses.

Name:	460BA1BB-060D-4EF7-896F-DE058043657D.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	823.1 KB 
ID:	444741

Name:	8DAFCB17-4862-4837-AB87-38275E1499C1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	462.0 KB 
ID:	444742

Name:	D1A6D18B-DC50-408C-AB79-2EF6F99AFA8D.jpg 
Size:	507.5 KB 
ID:	444743

fact.

A more what?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Diamonds are passé, Amore rings are the way to go for action seek spouses.

Name:	460BA1BB-060D-4EF7-896F-DE058043657D.jpg 
Size:	823.1 KB 
ID:	444741

Name:	8DAFCB17-4862-4837-AB87-38275E1499C1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	462.0 KB 
ID:	444742

Name:	D1A6D18B-DC50-408C-AB79-2EF6F99AFA8D.jpg