Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    We are 2 hours into the Great Britain v Canada game in the top of the 4th. 10-5 with 14 walks. I’ve never left a baseball game early, but I think it may happen today. Gotta pregame for USA México.

The Red Sox spring facility has the same dims as Boston. Who knew?!

https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/stat...ZSFJaBR-Q&s=19

I'm enjoying these WBC highlights too, keep 'em coming.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Despite the US laying an egg last night, that game was a blast. The atmosphere was at least as good as any playoff game I’ve been to. Both the US and the Mexican fans brought it. Downtown Phoenix was packed with fans four hours before the game and thousands of people were lined up when the doors opened two hours before first pitch. My only regret is that I only bought tickets for two days. If I had to do it over again, I would’ve bought tickets for all 10 games in Phoenix. There’s nothing quite like international sports. I can’t for the life of me figure out why so many top American pitchers don’t give a shit about this event when the rest of the world has so much passion for it. Randy Arozarena, who hasn’t cashed in on a big contract yet, calls the president of Mexico to make sure he can play for the team. Meanwhile, Max Scherzer, Gerrit Cole, Carlos Rodon, and Justin Verlander can’t be bothered? Fucking pricks! At least Kershaw, Webb, and Cortez tried to get on the team.

OFFICIAL 2023 MLB THREAD!!!!

And since I don’t feel like working today, here’s a few photos.

3 hours before game time.

No clue how this lineup only produced 5 runs.

A little Dodger on Dodger crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevor Bauer going to Japan because no MLB team showed interest after he was reinstated.

Bravo, MLB. (I mean that sincerely)
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Trevor Bauer going to Japan because no MLB team showed interest after he was reinstated.

Bravo, MLB. (I mean that sincerely)
    Yeah. Can’t believe it happened, but pleasantly surprised to say the least

Well this is quite the headline...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 7.46.07 PM.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	451768

Welcome to the WBC, team USA!

Imagine being an 18 year old kid and you have to start against this lineup when they’re angry.

Have seen some impressive headlines from Padres...amazed they went after Judge. Spending money like crazy and with their TV contract falling apart!? Not sure how that will work, but would be awesome if mlb just streams games without local blackout and at reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Have seen some impressive headlines from Padres...amazed they went after Judge. Spending money like crazy and with their TV contract falling apart!? Not sure how that will work, but would be awesome if mlb just streams games without local blackout and at reasonable price.
    Part of me wishes this whole Bally Sports bankruptcy is the straw that breaks MLB's back and forces them to make real changes regarding getting games to viewers and (maybe) even something resembling a level playing field when it comes to payroll.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Part of me wishes this whole Bally Sports bankruptcy is the straw that breaks MLB's back and forces them to make real changes regarding getting games to viewers and (maybe) even something resembling a level playing field when it comes to payroll.
    https://twitter.com/gametheoryhbo/st...944314370?s=21

Hey, I’m all for a salary floor. That said if the Dolans have shown us anything, it’s that you can be a cheap ass owner and still field one of the most winning teams in baseball in the past 20 years without having to spend big bucks. It would be nice though to have some top end cap, high as it may be, that prevents anyone remotely marketable or talented from leaving the teams and the fanbases that they endeared themselves to as they rose through the ranks.

The nfl has done the best with the salary cap. Hard floor and hard cap. But they are the worst league for player pay and benefits because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    The nfl has done the best with the salary cap. Hard floor and hard cap. But they are the worst league for player pay and benefits because of it.
    And how funny will it be that one day will look back and see that the Browns kicked down that door to league wide guaranteed salaries?

OFFICIAL 2023 MLB THREAD!!!!

Browns have to do something good sometime

Something, something, hero you deserve, not the hero you need, something, something.

It would be nice though to have some top end cap, high as it may be, that prevents anyone remotely marketable or talented from leaving the teams and the fanbases that they endeared themselves to as they rose through the ranks.
    As a Jazz fan I can sadly say that it doesn’t stop them leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    As a Jazz fan I can sadly say that it doesn’t stop them leaving.
    Thanks for Spida.

- Cleveland

MLB needs to kick the Marlins out of Loan Depot Park (what a fucking stupid name, also looking at you, whatever garbage name Comiskey is these days) and just play DR-PR games there. Great atmosphere tonight.

MLB needs to kick the Marlins out of Loan Depot Park (what a fucking stupid name, also looking at you, whatever garbage name Comiskey is these days) and just play DR-PR games there. Great atmosphere tonight.
    Yeah. It was such a bummer to go there and have it be like 10% full, cause on TV it looks awesome. I bet that place is rocking tonight

Edwin Diaz got hurt during the celebration. Carted off in a wheelchair. Yikes.

Oh shit. Man, I was really hoping no one would get hurt during the WBC, cause it finally has attracted the BIG stars that probably skipped in the past for this reason alone.

Hope its not serious.

could be the end of the wbc
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Yeah I hope it’s not serious. It’s been so fun to watch the pros play