Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I aspire to be this guy (minus the dreads and baseball career and sailboat): https://nyti.ms/3YXQwXQ
    Um, all that guy is is dreads and baseball career and sailbost.

the sailboat came with the guitar and chica
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Who the hell wouldn’t want a major league baseball career where you caught a perfect game, millions of dollars, and live out the rest of your days on a comfortable yet modest sailboat in the Caribbean?

Danno, sometimes I really doubt your commitment to sparkle motion.
    Of course I would take all that. I just meant that I don't aspire to be a baseball player because I never played baseball, and while a sailboat in the caribbean sounds great, I'm more of a mountains guy. But sure, I would happily step into his shoes, 100%, that was the point of my post.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Of course I would take all that. I just meant that I don't aspire to be a baseball player because I never played baseball, and while a sailboat in the caribbean sounds great, I'm more of a mountains guy. But sure, I would happily step into his shoes, 100%, that was the point of my post.
    I’ll mark up your post and send you a redline that accurately reflects your sentiment then.

I still call it The Jake.

I’ll mark up your post and send you a redline that accurately reflects your sentiment then.

goddam, that's the second bill you're gonna have to send to me today.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

goddam, that's the second bill you're gonna have to send to me today.
    Don’t sweat it; we invoice monthly.

RIP Tim McCarver
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

MLB to "emphasize enforcement of balk rule" this year.

Curious to see how many ejections this leads to.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...hanges-kick-in
    Since pickoff attempts will now be limited due to Heir Manfred's PoP rules, less balk opportunities but more balk calls will probably mean not a whole lotta change.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

My wife was listening to a podcast this morning, and I started to hear things like "ten cent beer" and "pitcher's mound" and "umpires," so I asked her if she was listening to something about the 10 cent beer night in Cleveland. Apparently the podcast My Favorite Murder did a whole segment on it! Lol. Good to bring all the true crime girlies into the dumpster fire of Cleveland sports.

https://myfavoritemurder.com/366-high-pitched-goodbye/

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    My wife was listening to a podcast this morning, and I started to hear things like "ten cent beer" and "pitcher's mound" and "umpires," so I asked her if she was listening to something about the 10 cent beer night in Cleveland. Apparently the podcast My Favorite Murder did a whole segment on it! Lol. Good to bring all the true crime girlies into the dumpster fire of Cleveland sports.

https://myfavoritemurder.com/366-high-pitched-goodbye/
    That's hilarious.

This is still my favorite retelling of that great night in baseball history:

"This city is a lot of things, but a city of lightweights is not one of those things" lol.

So funny

"The Indians rushed to the field as a professional courtesy to fist fight their own fans"

You just can't get that kind of action in today's game.

I need to get back to the Jake again this summer somehow for $2 beer / $1 hotdog night

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I need to get back to the Jake again this summer somehow for $2 beer / $1 hotdog night
    I don’t think anyone could have timed a better night to hit up the Jake than you did.

José Ramirez t shirt giveaway, $2 Miller Lites, $1 hot dogs and wasn’t it even a fireworks night too?

I don’t think anyone could have timed a better night to hit up the Jake than you did.

José Ramirez t shirt giveaway, $2 Miller Lites, $1 hot dogs and wasn’t it even a fireworks night too?
    It was! Sox won, as well, which was a bonus for me.

Funnily enough I just wrapped up the video about that day this morning, so quite the coincidence to hear that podcast playing as I was watching back some of the footage.

Now that’s funny. The universe is trying to tell us it’s Cleveland’s year.

Probably.

Something like that

I'll be dropping in maybe mid May around the time I switch out the hockey jerseys with the Mets jerseys.... unless the Hurricanes make it to the finals, then it will be early June instead.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

There is a lot I really dont like about baseball this year with the schedule and rules and other assorted nonsense but somewhere in Arizona Clayton Kershaw has a baseball in his left hand and all is right with the world.

baseball

Personally, I'm looking forward to see how the rule changes will affect the game. Pitch clock will definitely shorten it, but I wonder if it will impact some of the hard throwers due to less recovery time between pitches. Minor, but it could be something.

I don't think the shift restrictions will have as much impact as people think. You can still shift pretty heavily and I imagine some lefties may sneak a few more hits through the hole on the right side, but I can't see it really doing too much.

The throw over rule and larger bases could change a lot though. I'm hoping stolen bases go up considerably since it's one of the more exciting plays in baseball. There's going to be some interesting strategies developed no doubt so that should be fun too.

the stuff people are making on youtube is incredible these days. newest sub for me:

and the hits keep coming

https://archive.is/LHrzH

There’s no new info in any of these articles. And no indication that MLB didn’t know any of this already.

Don’t forget the Yankees got caught cheating at the same time as well.

Name:  IMG_0735.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  61.7 KB

Best name of any athlete ever.

Hate to pitch to that guy.

All time W leader, Jonny Dickshot