Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Stiff, full rocker skis <110mm?

Another ping for Corvus.

I don’t really think the Sender Squad are what you seek. I mean, maybe they are, but they don’t tick the boxes you made. ETA: I had a 185 Cochise that didn’t make the cut alongside 190 Q Labs, but I could maybe imagine the 193 skiing similar to the Senders.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    https://sidelineswap.com/gear/skiing...tormrider-skis

Great skis, slice right through chopped up garbage. Also surprisingly good in the fluff. These skis make you a better skier.
    And if I flipped them upside down, then I'd have full rocker!

I own the Ravens. Not the ski OP is looking for.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I own the Ravens. Not the ski OP is looking for.
    The ravens look like they'd be pretty close if they just weighed 400 grams more per ski.

Does look like a pretty sweet touring option though. I hadn't paid much attention to those before, but whenever I get the bug to change up my touring setup, those'll be on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    And if I flipped them upside down, then I'd have full rocker!
    Huh? These skis have no camber.

https://www.powder7.com/Stockli-Stor...-Skis/for-sale

Ah, my bad! I thought those were the same profile as the 105's.

Stockli needs to figure out that naming half the skis in their lineup the same thing isn't actually helpful.
    Last edited by toast2266; 01-24-2023 at 02:02 PM.

The ravens look like they'd be pretty close if they just weighed 400 grams more per ski.

Does look like a pretty sweet touring option though. I hadn't paid much attention to those before, but whenever I get the bug to change up my touring setup, those'll be on the list.
    Yeah the Ravens are my “who knows what we’re gonna get” touring setup. Too light for inbounds use IMO.

The modern sickle that Marshal is going to make is likely what you seek. I really can't wait to hear more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    The modern sickle that Marshal is going to make is likely what you seek. I really can't wait to hear more about it.
    Yeah, that thing sounds sexy. I think I'll be holding off on throwing money at anything until I see what the nü-sickle ends up looking like

Folsom primary with their full rocker mold is really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    +1 on the 4th generation Volkl Mantra, I got a pair recently and they are a ton of fun while still being very powerful
    Climber Joe posted a mint pair of 191 demos for under 200 bucks a couple of days ago

Also, custom Praxis during the spring sale.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Folsom primary with their full rocker mold is really fun.
    I looked at the primary 110 to replace my Sickle's. Tough to pony up for a full-cost custom ski but it definitely fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah the Ravens are my “who knows what we’re gonna get” touring setup. Too light for inbounds use IMO.
    I ski my Ravens lots inbounds at Whistler. Even on icy days. I’m on the 184cm and only 170 lbs so maybe that makes a diff.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Huh? These skis have no camber.

I have a pair and they definitely have camber but it is minimal. Good ski, like to turn a lot for not having a ton of sidecut. In like it when I want to slow down and take it easy.

https://www.powder7.com/Stockli-Stor...-Skis/for-sale
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Didn’t know he was doing this. Very interested. Hopefully it has a progressive mount. I really wanted the 113s but they’re designed around a mount point way too far back for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    I ski my Ravens lots inbounds at Whistler. Even on icy days. I’m on the 184cm and only 170 lbs so maybe that makes a diff.

I’m 190 and I think the raven rips. Mine are mounted for touring, but I wouldn’t hesitate to ski them with alpine binders. I think it’s the best all around touring ski available, every condition every day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Didn’t know he was doing this. Very interested. Hopefully it has a progressive mount. I really wanted the 113s but they’re designed around a mount point way too far back for me.
    yessir! They are designed around a -6 mount, and shoul ski great up to +/-2.5cm from that.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    I've used them inbounds a few times, they were fine (I'm 185-190 pounds so a bit heavier). I just like a little more beef when skiing through the chop.

I'd love a 188 damp as D
    F devastator with less see saw. That would be so dope.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    yessir! They are designed around a -6 mount, and shoul ski great up to +/-2.5cm from that.
    Count me as very interested as well, will there be a dedicated thread? How does one find out more about this particular ski? I’ve read several Heritage Lab threads and check the site from time to time but first I’ve heard of this, very exciting!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Count me as very interested as well, will there be a dedicated thread? How does one find out more about this particular ski? I’ve read several Heritage Lab threads and check the site from time to time but first I’ve heard of this, very exciting!
    I imagine they probably won’t shut the fuck up about it. I wouldn’t worry about knowing something happened.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    I'd love a 188 damp as D
    F devastator with less see saw. That would be so dope.

Have you skied the OG Bodacious? I feel like they are pretty close to what you are seeking, though a bit wider.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I imagine they probably won’t shut the fuck up about it. I wouldn’t worry about knowing something happened.
    good shit
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Have you skied the OG Bodacious? I feel like they are pretty close to what you are seeking, though a bit wider.
    I haven't. Thanks for the heads up.

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    +1 on the 4th generation Volkl Mantra, I got a pair recently and they are a ton of fun while still being very powerful
    Such good skis. Full rocker makes them so maneuverable. I got rid of my 187 Dynastar Menace 98s because the M4 Mantras are almost as good in moguls. But then are much more stable at speed.

I’m looking for a ski like this, but over 110mm. Just barely though, because I have Bodacious which are also awesome but a little wide for everyday. Basically, a full rocker Katana replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Velomayniac View Post
    Such good skis. Full rocker makes them so maneuverable. I got rid of my 187 Dynastar Menace 98s because the M4 Mantras are almost as good in moguls. But then are much more stable at speed.

I’m looking for a ski like this, but over 110mm. Just barely though, because I have Bodacious which are also awesome but a little wide for everyday. Basically, a full rocker Katana replacement.
    The heritage lab fl113's might be up your alley.

The heritage lab fl113's might be up your alley.
    I feel in between sizes, and turn radius seems crazy for resort. I bet they are a blast in the right conditions though.

A heavy Praxis Rx CCR might do the trick. Regular Rx feel just a little more versatile than Bodacious.