Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lange Shadow 130 LV dual pivot boot

Revolutionary, evolutionary or just trying to fix something that isn't broken? Take it away.

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...-shadow-130-lv

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Kinda thinking that this is a natural evolution: can’t fix the snow, so fix the interface!

I like that it seems to brake on the ‘03 instead of the ‘06.

Add another pivot and call it the Naxo. Can’t lose.

so are these any good? I assume so.
    my foot fits Lange best.

Anyone know about the BSL? the RX/RS vs XT3 have 3mm different length for any given size.
    Would be nice if I could swap between without fiddling with binding setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    my foot fits Lange best.

Anyone know about the BSL? the RX/RS vs XT3 have 3mm different length for any given size.
    FWIW, my RS WC and XT3 (26.5) have a BSL of 303.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    FWIW, my RS WC and XT3 (26.5) have a BSL of 303.
    WC yes. regular RS is a bit bigger I think.
    Ain't no chance my feet are getting in a WC though.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    my foot fits Lange best.

If I read it right they are 3mm less than RX RS
    … so a 26.5 should be 303mm in the new dual piv.
    Over on Blister

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Was in with my boot fitter, Jeff Bergeron of Boot Fixation, today. He's been on the new Shadow 130 said he was definitely impressed and even recommended it to me for next year. Says the fit is similar to the current RX and the new dual pivot allows engagement of the ski with less dramatic movement. He said that to get that type of performance in a traditional boot you'd have to go up in flex.

I'm supposed to get fitted with these at Surefoot in the next few days. They obviously work closest with Lange, but I know them fairly well and trust the main dudes recommendations, he was pretty stoked on this boot.

Anyone end up with time on it?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

^ I have the same question... has anyone been on snow with it?

Some aussie utube hands on reviews, but nothing discerning enough other than to whet an appetite.
    ​I am not in your hurry

I spent a bit of time in one last spring. The boot has a very damp and stable feel to it. The flex is more linear than more traditional boots, which is a big part of the story.
    Fit is excellent in both the LV and MV lasts. The liners has a more progressive feel than some of the recent Lange liners.
    It won't replace your race boots, but is very well suited to all mountain skiing.
    With consumers, the boot is being well received and is off to a great start.
    It's one of the few true innovations in four buckle boot design in recent years and I expect this will be a very successful line for Brand L.

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    I spent a bit of time in one last spring. The boot has a very damp and stable feel to it. The flex is more linear than more traditional boots, which is a big part of the story.
    Fit is excellent in both the LV and MV lasts. The liners has a more progressive feel than some of the recent Lange liners.
    It won't replace your race boots, but is very well suited to all mountain skiing.
    With consumers, the boot is being well received and is off to a great start.
    It's one of the few true innovations in four buckle boot design in recent years and I expect this will be a very successful line for Brand L.
    Thanks! Would you be able to compare it to a popular boot like a Lange RX130 (MV or LV)?

The shell shape is quite familiar although the BSL now matches the race boots so are 3mm shorter as others have noted.
    The external molds are the same for the LV and MV as in the past, so the MV will be softer in flex as the extra space comes from wall thickness, same as the RX and RS boots.
    The Auxetic liner is a major departure and improvement in my view. The durometer of the materials are much more uniform than in previous models. The previous liner was very firm around the heel and ankle, sometimes to a fault, the Auxetic has a more homogeneous feel and wraps the foot much better.
    Liner is the same in both lasts, same as before.
    But the difference in width is still clear between the LV and MV and will grow as the MV liner stretches to fill the space.
    Cuff alignment is minimal and could limit suitability for some when compared to the outgoing boots, but with the rear spine construction, it would be difficult to add meaningful cuff alignment without creating slop.
    It matters far less what I think about the boot than what the end user's experience will be. So far the Shadows are off to a great start, but there's not much actual skiing yet.
    The feel in forward flex is unique and everyone who has put the boot on notices the sensation. If you normally ski in a race plug it's very different, but when you ski you learn to settle into the sweet spot pretty quickly.
    So in summary, it is definitely a boot worth trying on your foot.

Just got my pair today.
    It’s significantly lighter the the RX 130. The flex seems super good from start to finish too, no bulge on lower part of shell at all when fully flexed. They finally put a seal in on the overlap so maybe that’ll dry em up in the spring.
    Only thing I’m not stoked about is the seam placement inside the liner. Right where one apples pressure with the heel trying to get them on (I’ve ripped three liners on useable boots like that).
    When I get em on snow I’ll tell ya how they ski!

Nice. Just ordered mine a few days ago.

Bummer on the seam. I’ve always run pro wraps in my Langes but was planning on giving the new and improved liners a shot. Curious if your past failures is from putting liner on before stepping into boot?

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post

Bummer on the seam. I’ve always run pro wraps in my Langes but was planning on giving the new and improved liners a shot. Curious if your past failures is from putting liner on before stepping into boot?

No, I think it’s due to running 2 sizes smaller then my street shoe, hence a lotta pressure when I slide in.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/s...679682287.html

not my sale but for those of you without access to proform, solid deal @ $460 plus $20 to ship. size 26.5

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post

How do you get the pro wraps to fit the shell? Blow it out a bit?

^^not sure I follow. Just standard intuition bake and gtg

Got fitted up with a pair of these at Surefoot on Friday. Looking forward to skiing them next week.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I got mine cooked and they fit like a glove. I will say I miss the 3mm in length from the Rx 26.5 to this 26.5.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Just got 25.5 with ZipFit Garas. Anyone know where to source alpine soles for these? GW honestly is great for walking in the parking lot and actually no super great for walking icy Headwaters hike. Counterintuitive I know but the GW actually makes it harder to kick steps in firm snow when downclimbing etc.

Edit to add and I'm sure this is known to most of you:

The GW soles have a longer distance from front holes to the rear holes than the alpine soles do. Thing is the alpine sole holes are hidden under the GW soles, so any old alpine soles you have from Langes will fit.
    Last edited by Whiteroom_Guardian; 11-15-2023 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    I got mine cooked and they fit like a glove. I will say I miss the 3mm in length from the Rx 26.5 to this 26.5.
    same

i skied it for the first time today... they flex forward with almost no rebound, which was surprising, but the boot turns very nicely and is great on edge. the dual pivot must be adding the control i feel turning.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    The stock liner? It fits me surprisingly well. I kinda wanted to ski the stock liner before I throw zipfits in them.