driving sun/low light glasses

General favorites, for both regular daytime driving and early mornin/dusk/overcast/low light conditions?

Raybans with yellow rx lens ... sunglasses on baby
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Goodr/

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Oakley rose prism.

Serengetis, worn with an Izod shirt, Old Larry's loafers, and lace-back perforated driving gloves.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Any good quality medium gray lens. Ray ban makes good ones, but my favorite that they don't make any more was American Optical. Personally, I prefer dark green glasses so they won't work for low light.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

The best lowlight/general use sunglasses that I have worn are brown Drivewear lenses. They’re polarized and photochromatic. They don’t get clear but lighten up significantly. They also respond to UV and ambient light so will change even while driving. Most photo chromatic lenses won’t change in the car because the windshield blocks UV

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just got some Maui Jim prescription sunglasses w the sunrise lens and man they are amazing. Sunlight, low light, good everywhere and anytime. Recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The best lowlight/general use sunglasses that I have worn are brown Drivewear lenses. They’re polarized and photochromatic. They don’t get clear but lighten up significantly. They also respond to UV and ambient light so will change even while driving. Most photo chromatic lenses won’t change in the car because the windshield blocks UV

Interesting, I thought all photochromics didn’t darken in the car. Certainly all the ones I’ve had don’t. I’ll look into Drivewear. My optometrists didn’t know about this option but maybe it’s newish.

I treat my sunglasses like shit so I just have Knockaround polarized.

Darker lenses of your choice green, brown, gray possibly for daytime high sun and polarized of course to get the glare. For dusk/dawn sunset or sunrise or partly cloudy days yellow lenses that are lighter and increase contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Interesting, I thought all photochromics didn’t darken in the car. Certainly all the ones I’ve had don’t. I’ll look into Drivewear. My optometrists didn’t know about this option but maybe it’s newish.
    I’ve had them a few years. I sometimes forget that I’m wearing them at dusk because they lighten enough until it’s dark out

I bought a pair of Serengeti's from Costco (the Turin model) and really like them for well... just about everything. Super versatile lens.

And I don't wear loafers, so there's that

RE transitions. I’m in the process of upgrading my Oakley Flak jackets. Currently I have prescription lens in dark polarized, medium rose for MTB, and yellow. Oakley no longer offers yellow or clear for the new version of the Flak. In looking at options I think I’m going to have Revant Optics do up a pair of Transitions XTRActive lens. They seem to be similar to the Drivewear lens in that they change in the car. I’m going with the brown lens because they supposedly add contrast. Hoping to have them replace the previous yellow and medium rose trail lens. Seems good on paper, I hope they don’t suck.

The problem with polarized lenses these days is many car windows (not front) and navscreens/phones are also polarized and you see black or weird wavy lines. Polarized are still great for fishing.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Smith Guides Choice ChromaPop Polarized Blue Mirror Lens 14% VLT

Blublockers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1673882338.689706.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	442857

Doh!!!
    How could I have not known, geezer that I am?!?!?

My eyes were getting very tired driving in snow storms. Also driving at night always felt a bit harder than it should be. I always passed my vision exams and when the optometrist was testing lenses they did not make a noticeable positive difference. I read about "nighttime myopia". I talked to the optometrist and got some very small prescription glasses. They don't really do anything for me during the day but driving in low light and at night with them is considerably more comfortable. I can drive all night in a snowstorm without eye fatigue.

For long night time drives I have some glasses with yellow lenses, got 'em off eBay like a decade ago. They work great. Good in overcast snowy conditions too just to cut some glare and add contrast.