Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    I won't give out too many deets yet, but this is a completely new boot, no shared molds with other concepts.
    As someone mentioned above, that’s both good and bad.

I just ended up spending 11 hours in my Backlands. Left the house in them drove, hiked, belayed, skinned flat, then ended up wearing them for dinner in the restaurant, followed by more driving and a bit of boot packing.
    No issues all that time.

So, a beefier boot with the same fit would be great, but understand that that would not result in a noticeable difference in performance.

Fingers crossed for similar fit.

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    Yes, it would be possible but the mold would need what's called an "insert" in it to allow for either configuration to be made. An insert is basically a lego-like function of the mold that configured one way produces a shell with one function and configured another way produces a different one (in this instance with or without tech inserts). But the mold has to made from the beginning with this in mind.
    Okay �� good to have this choice if from the begining of the design you want a boot v with different programs

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    This is an other good exemple of giving différents function with the same mold or boot

Think the future is a lego boot with severals uses
    It's come from the New hawks XTD I guess ?

Quote Originally Posted by buenonda View Post
    Okay �� good to have this choice if from the begining of the design you want a boot v with different programs
    As Matt said it's something that needs to be put in the mold design in the beginning. An insert/ blocker isn't always a "free" feature and can make the mold cost more expensive and potentially wear faster (all cost that make their way into the msrp boot). So for something like putting a blocker into a Hawk XTD mold doesn't make much sense as that boot doesn't make sense to not have tech inserts (or use the lower for an inbounds boot). That's a reason you use to see sole blocks integrating the tech inserts from some manufactures that shared lower molds across products. Cheaper molds/ flexibility with the trade off of performance.
    Last edited by NorCalNomad; 01-17-2023 at 04:22 PM.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Yup. I assume so.

Matt, does this fit on older XTD?
    The Gnar Bar is a way to turn your new 23/24 Hawx Ultra XTD or existing Prime XTD into a truly fixed-cuff boot with tech inserts. We really went to town on our new ski/walk mechanism for the Hawx XTD series and eliminated as much play as we could, but there is still a minute, little bit - it's just the nature of ski/walk mechanisms and they all have it. This is ultimately why fixed cuff boots with tech inserts exist. So, if you really want to eek that last 1% of downhill performance from your Hawx XTD boot, then you take off the stock ski/walk mechanism and slap on the Gnar Bar, which fully locks the cuff to the shell, no play whatsoever. And when you want to go on longer tours, just unscrew it and put the ski/walk mechanism back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaardbreeuwer View Post
    As someone mentioned above, that’s both good and bad.

I just ended up spending 11 hours in my Backlands. Left the house in them drove, hiked, belayed, skinned flat, then ended up wearing them for dinner in the restaurant, followed by more driving and a bit of boot packing.
    No issues all that time.

So, a beefier boot with the same fit would be great, but understand that that would not result in a noticeable difference in performance.

Fingers crossed for similar fit.
    I’m similar in that I can spend 12+ hours in the current Backlands (w/ minor punches) without any issues, but I’m hoping the new boot will have an intermediate fit between the current Backland and Hawx Ultra XTD… Hawx heel pocket + Backland midfoot/forefoot would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by turnfarmer View Post
    Hard to believe Dalbello is walking away from the Branding of Krypton/Lupo.
    Why not? The parent company had the Raichle molds, named them Full Tilt and then propped up the K2 boot line by poaching the best sellers and naming them K2 and killing the rest.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Who is the next Seth and stockpiles a warehouse full of kryptons?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks for the platform offers. I’ve got those from when I mounted and leashes. Was just hoping for a better brake idea.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Factory Zipfit liner?
    My contact at Fischer said this is a new collab with ZipFit. Doesn't sound like it will be in all their boots next year, just select models.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Why not? The parent company had the Raichle molds, named them Full Tilt and then propped up the K2 boot line by poaching the best sellers and naming them K2 and killing the rest.
    Wait until they poach the best Line ski models, rebrand them K2 and kill the rest…

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    My contact at Fischer said this is a new collab with ZipFit. Doesn't sound like it will be in all their boots next year, just select models.
    If it's a full on ZipFit that would be amazing - pretty rad.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Who is the next Seth and stockpiles a warehouse full of kryptons?

I was thinking it would be me, but now I feel the collective will be pairing the PU Cabrio LV clog w/ the Cabrio Free cuff whilst awaiting the Cascade Designs link to be fabricated...... The cycle continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    I’m going with a 110mm Commander replacement.
    I concur in wild guessing.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    The Radical Pro is basically the Hoji 2 straight from the Boss's mouth. I've got 20+ days on mine and can say they are a big improvement on the Hoji 130.
    Starting with that instep buckle, right? The Hoji instep buckle has probably pulled a tendon my middle finger 2 dozen times.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Next years Fischer boots, including the model with the Zip Fit liner, and a new higher end Transalp Carbon Pro touring boot (same boot but stiffer cuff).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-wWaY6HW_0

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I was thinking it would be me, but now I feel the collective will be pairing the PU Cabrio LV clog w/ the Cabrio Free cuff whilst awaiting the Cascade Designs link to be fabricated...... The cycle continues.
    There is a PU cabrio free and the walk mode looks burly. There is no LV clog in the new Dalbello line. Just their 99. Which is arguably a better shape than any of their other molds but is definitely roomier. Thankfully it fits longer rather than the deceptively deep heel pocket on the old ones which makes it look roomy but everyone’s toes hurt.

The main issue with the new cabrio free is that the tongue isn’t removable. Realistically you could remove it like you do with full tilts. What I would do is take the tower clip from a current lupo and drill a hole in the tongue of the free. Boom! Quick removable.

The other issue is that the shell shape seems to make the ankle buckle pop open so they have added a Lange World Cup style buckle lock on it.

The boot seems cheap.

^ this was my take- looks like budget boot. I get it, there are not many ppl seeking this style boot.

Anyone get to try the new Lange Shadow boots? Is the dual pivot points just a gimmick or does it actually change how the boot feels?

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    Next years Fischer boots, including the model with the Zip Fit liner, and a new higher end Transalp Carbon Pro touring boot (same boot but stiffer cuff).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-wWaY6HW_0
    So the new fisher traverse doesnt have boa. But all other brands use boa know.
    Makes me think.
    Dont mind the boa on my traverse. Never had a problem. Never liked the boat in general.

Anything Technica? Rossignol?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    God damn hobbits have had touring boots for years. When are they going to release a proper low volume touring boot? Every boot out there is just massive piece of crap for those who have super skinny ankles.
    I iwish hobbit had touring boots.

Best boot coming out that is 130 flex and can fit a 248mm wide foot that is 115mm wide.

New nocta's are on the website.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    I iwish hobbit had touring boots.

Best boot coming out that is 130 flex and can fit a 248mm wide foot that is 115mm wide.
    Cool. Any new pole strap technology?

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Anything Technica? Rossignol?
    Tecnica: Cochise HV parallel to Cochise 139/120/110 in a 102mm and I think Women’s 95/85

Rossi is mostly carryover with a new Sender 110 that should be called a black ops 110, but has more of a sender graphic

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Rossi is mostly carryover with a new Sender 110 that should be called a black ops 110, but has more of a sender graphic
    They kind of seem like their own thing, Soul Sender 7ish.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F2F8B44E-7DBF-4378-BD70-A476B7F9A2A5.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	502.9 KB 
ID:	444627
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2607ED2D-AEE0-4073-B18B-29A2CD1600F0.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	469.6 KB 
ID:	444628

I'm kinda bummed it isn't more black ops.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025