Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thank You XD!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Cool. Any new pole strap technology?
    I just spit out my coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    I'm kinda bummed it isn't more black ops.
    supposedly the BO name might dissapear from 2025 on, with the current skis being replaced with tweaked versions that are ever so slightly wider.

Just in case someone hasn’t seen it. The atomic hawx xtd seems to come in either a boa or non boa style for next year, so no need to hoard the old ones.

Someone said the radical is way better than the hoji free. Could you explain why?

Btw, i saw next year's catalog and there's a replacement for the hoji free 130, forgot the name.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Someone said the radical is way better than the hoji free. Could you explain why?

Btw, i saw next year's catalog and there's a replacement for the hoji free 130, forgot the name.

Catalogue

I think it was this video where Hoji explained the differences, basically change in the shape of the shell over the instep/ under the cuff - there is also a video where Hoji shows how to get the same results by modding the Hojis:

Scott Cosmo Pro and Scope Pro

Does anyone have more info on the Scott Scope Pro and Cosmo Pro boots? They look pretty interesting. I find that a lot of the ~1200g boots are soft off the top partially from only having one buckle on the cuff and these both have 2. You can see them in the Scott section of the Mpora preview which I am getting blocked from posting this link to.

Anyone have any info on the dynastar m-tour 108?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

The Tigard?

Could be, i thought it was a different name though.
    130 flex, 1600 g

That’s the one. Found a TGR thread on it. People didn’t like the fit.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    said info:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2023-02-01 kl. 21.57.51.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	628.9 KB 
ID:	445548
    thread
    Theeey are in shops over here - I have no idea if they are any good.

A local shop moaned about Dynafits being overpriced and have poor finishing (seams trimming/finishing, seam placing vs contact points from the shell causing rub/pain). They also mentioned that a new beef binding was supposed to be released with the new boot has been postponed due to some issues getting it to perform. Surprise surprise.

Yeah, I loathe Dynafit.

A overlap Dynafit with gripwalk…. Hmmm. I don’t know why they thought the Hoji didn’t ski well enough so they needed a new adventure…. Seems like the radical is just a better, more refined hoji when I comes down to it.

A overlap Dynafit with gripwalk…. Hmmm. I don’t know why they thought the Hoji didn’t ski well enough so they needed a new adventure…. Seems like the radical is just a better, more refined hoji when I comes down to it.
    seems like the new Radical is just a loose Hoji when it comes down to it.

it's also prob sacrilege but i miss the speed nose. getting more of the foot over the bolts just skis better. funny how dynafit missed the downhill performance benefits of that ill-fated idea.
    bumps are for poor people

I just wish it was narrower.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Anyone know if G3 has anything fun up their sleeve? Any changes to their skin program?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    said info:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2023-02-01 kl. 21.57.51.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	628.9 KB 
ID:	445548
    thread
    Theeey are in shops over here - I have no idea if they are any good.

A local shop moaned about Dynafits being overpriced and have poor finishing (seams trimming/finishing, seam placing vs contact points from the shell causing rub/pain). They also mentioned that a new beef binding was supposed to be released with the new boot has been postponed due to some issues getting it to perform. Surprise surprise.

Yeah, I loathe Dynafit.
    Dynafit Tigard
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=349985

Shop rats here at the resort went to a demo day last week, consensus favorite ski was the Mindbender 96c. They were unimpressed with the new Rustlers

For reference we're in Maine, so ECAF

Quote Originally Posted by wantriot View Post
    Anyone know if G3 has anything fun up their sleeve? Any changes to their skin program?
    do you mean glue that works?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    So you are quoting a post with a link to a thread, to post a link to the same thread? Thanks I gueess.

23/24 Gear Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    do you mean glue that works?
    Among other problems. No other skins I have used have been quite the dumpster fire that are G3 skins. Better off with almost any other brand. Something up there sleeve would be if they became re-branded Pamocas or Contours, etc…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Anyone have any info on the dynastar m-tour 108?
    They are super light in the catalog. I think the 179cm was listed as 1.4kg/ski

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    They are super light in the catalog. I think the 179cm was listed as 1.4kg/ski
    I'm listening... gonna need some more info

Who’s having fun trying new stuff at mission?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Who’s having fun trying new stuff at mission?
    Some notes (just new or newer skis):

K2 MB 96 C: excellent $530 price point intermediate ski. Light on the foot feel. Has clean edge hold when skied with center to slightly forward stance. Good short to medium radius carving at low to medium speeds or on smooth snow. Doesn’t punish back seat driving in shit snow. Good first ski purchase that allows someone to grow as a skier.

K2 MB 99 - confidence inspiring. Doesn’t really want to do much rather than ski fast down the fall line. Great for advanced skiers who think they are good because they ski fast. Really clean mid tip engagement that follows through the length of the ski. Bigger or stronger skiers can push into tighter turns. Lighter skiers will find it a one trick pony. Tip becomes unglued around 50mph.

Nordica Unleashed Series (98/108/114): playful, want to be skied with a more centered, upright stance and find things to jump off. Prefers medium sized turns to big ones. Still damp and full length edge engagement. Skis get better as they get wider. Generally a really good line for someone who wants more than an ARV/Bentchetler but likes the more centered stance.

Stockli SR 88: yeah they are really fucking good

Blizzard Rustler 9: star of the show. Likely best ski on wall next year. If you like edgier damp skis, this is the one. Did everything really well, no blind spots or gaps in performance. 10/10 buy this ski. (Didn’t ski the 11, but everyone who did echoed it’s a similar overall winner. They are all heavier and more complete tip to tail than the old Rustlers. You do lose a bit of the light swing weight but IMO more than makes up for it. Comfortable making any turn.

Rustler 10: good ski, improved from the old one, but still not the same as the 9 (and likely the 11, everyone I talked to agreed) most folks looking for a low 100s waist width won’t be disappointed by this ski, unless they just skied the…

Armada Declivity 102: surprise of the show. Probably what the Rustler 10 wants to be. Really manages to blur the lines between playful and carving. Load up on it as much as you want, only gets better. Glassy transition in and out of turns. Consumers will likely continue to sleep on the Armada All mountain line up. Very fun ski.