Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Greg with the good Beta!
    http://randosaigai.com/incoming.html

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Various 2024 brand previews including DPS, Stockli, Kästle, Dynastar and others.

This year, DPS drops their “RP” and “C2” nomenclature from their model names. Now, the ski names are simplified and there are general shapes DPS uses, but they have a bit more freedom to tinker with shapes.
    Replacing the old (but gold) Pagoda series this year are the new Kaizen skis..
    DPS sure loves renaming their entire lineup every 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ezgzy View Post
    DPS sure loves renaming their entire lineup every 2 years

It’s so other dentists can call each other out for being on last years gear

yeah, for sure - but then again their lineup has been an absolute clusterfuck naming wise the last few seasons after Drake got ousted.

Think the Lotus 117 will still be so floppy it chatters in fresh pow?

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Think the Lotus 117 will still be so floppy it chatters in fresh pow?
    No, I have not found them to chatter in fresh - that is their element.

I find them to be super fun in soft snow. The tails are loose and they are easy to throw around. I do find them to be a bit lighter and softer in the front third of the ski than I would ideally want for resort skiing. It is not the ski I would choose to ski variable, especially denser snow. My opinion is that they should rename the current L117 Lotus117tour and make a resort specific version that is 200-300gr heavieer and stiffer in the front third of the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    yeah, for sure - but then again their lineup has been an absolute clusterfuck naming wise the last few seasons after Drake got ousted.
    I'm not sure it was ever not a clusterfuck... I swear they make it confusing on purpose.

Volkl Revolt 114
    -7cm mount point apparently
    Not sure if it’s been posted yet

New Revolt 114 is fun. Shouldn’t be named a revolt as it’s not a jib ski at all. It’s a big mountain charger that’s more splashy than ones of the past.

In pow and soft moguls it was very easy to ski but held up to anything. On really firm, the long tip rocker and wide point way off the ground made it clunky. Great ski though. Heavy as balls and nice stiffer but not stiff flex.

Going to be lots of confusion with the name.

I think this actually is on purpose. They're charging $1500 for new skis but the last few years you've been able to find them on clearance the following season for $500.

My theory is that by shifting the naming schemes often, they're working to avoid devaluing the current model year product. They want the average person to feel like the "Kaizen 100" is worth $1500 when a Pagoda 100 RP is sitting on clearance online at Sierra Trading Post for $450.

It would let you overcharge and earn high margins on some skis and fire sale stuff without impacting brand perception or perceived value of the new skis.

Also... I expect to see a lot of DPS fire sales with their new pricing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    I'm not sure it was ever not a clusterfuck... I swear they make it confusing on purpose.

Dynafit had a press day yesterday with their new 114 ski, and new Freeride boot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	221488.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	443.9 KB 
ID:	447176

Another Draco Freebird

23/24 Gear Rumors

Last edited by gaijin; 02-11-2023 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I think this actually is on purpose. They're charging $1500 for new skis but the last few years you've been able to find them on clearance the following season for $500.

My theory is that by shifting the naming schemes often, they're working to avoid devaluing the current model year product. They want the average person to feel like the "Kaizen 100" is worth $1500 when a Pagoda 100 RP is sitting on clearance online at Sierra Trading Post for $450.

It would let you overcharge and earn high margins on some skis and fire sale stuff without impacting brand perception or perceived value of the new skis.

Also... I expect to see a lot of DPS fire sales with their new pricing this year.
    I've been told this is the case directly from a certain manufacturer. Naming schemes are going to get more convoluted going forward which is certainly annoying from a consumer perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post

yeah, this seems bang on the money.

DPS' pricing is just abhorrent as is the brand from a branding perspective. The moniker of overpriced skis for people who can pay a premium is no joke. It is too bad really as they do make some skis - like the Koalas - that are actually very good. I've also been very pleasantly surprised by the Lotus117.

Cant't wait for Marshal to release a similar kind of ski.

Quote Originally Posted by yiu-han View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	221488.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	443.9 KB 
ID:	447176

Another Draco Freebird
    I wonder if this is that new plum binding someone was talking about too, toes and brakes look like their design

I rode with an orthopedic surgeon who told me he had 7 pair of DPS

I only have 2 pair

I felt so marginalized

edit: I ran into the DPS production manager bike touring to Denali, I told him he needs to remake the lotus 120, he said he still has the forms but no clue what a lotus120 is
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-11-2023 at 01:12 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Drake no longer involved? Do tell...

What lengths does the Revolt 114 come in?
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    What lengths does the Revolt 114 come in?
    176, 184, 191

Sender Free 110 starting to show up in stores now. Only seen the 184cm size available so far.

https://www.powder7.com/Rossignol-Se...-Skis/for-sale

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Drake no longer involved? Do tell...
    not recent

Snows how much I've been paying attention

Quote Originally Posted by total_immortal View Post
    My contact at Fischer said this is a new collab with ZipFit. Doesn't sound like it will be in all their boots next year, just select models.
    Here's a little additional information about the Zipfit/Fischer liner in the upcoming RC4 Pro -- discussion of the new boot starts ~19m30s and the liner specifically, ~20m15s. Fischer added a few tweaks - different cinching system, cuff volume reducer, maybe some different cuff materials, velcro spolier adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    New tech binding from marker looks nice. Additional riser which is a great addition. Have been happy with the alpinist so hopefully these ski as damp if not more and at a similar price point. Attachment 442572Attachment 442571

Agree. Any more info like a name?