Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Dang.
    Whoever started at that company a couple years ago deserves a raise.

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 1.59.58 PM.png
Views: 1990
Size:  401.2 KBName:  Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 1.59.54 PM.png
Views: 2003
Size:  388.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    This BOA system can only be applied to a new mold series; it can’t be simply added to an existing boot (well it could but it would need so many new molds & last modifications to make it work that it would be easier to make a new boot). So this BOA system will only be on whatever new boot a brand has coming for the 23/24 season. In order to get it on other models will require waiting for the model to be heavily updated or renewed.

Coming.
    Dang, I'm guessing that means no BOA for the Hawx Ultra 130. Love that boot and am personally totally intrigued by BOA.

Quote Originally Posted by resolute goggles View Post
    Dang, I'm guessing that means no BOA for the Hawx Ultra 130. Love that boot and am personally totally intrigued by BOA.
    Hawx ultra xtd is getting Boa next year. Not sure about the alpine boot.

Quote Originally Posted by MD12 View Post
    Hawx ultra xtd is getting Boa next year. Not sure about the alpine boot.
    Yep

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8479.JPG 
Views:	270 
Size:	810.1 KB 
ID:	442379

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Sorry to distract from all the BOA discussion, but did anyone else notice what looks like a Zipfit logo on the liner in this Fischer boot? Factory Zipfit liner?

Edit: Eluder beat me to it by a second or two.
    Whoa stock Zipfit is a rad development if the boots are still reasonably priced. I wonder if any other brands are in on that

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Yep

Name:	IMG_8479.JPG 
Views:	270 
Size:	810.1 KB 
ID:	442379
    wonder how hard that thing will be to get in and out of. Current hawx you need to spread the shell at the top of the foot (for some people at least). Wonder how that works with BOA.

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    If you want a lighter, less stable, less powerful, less damp Hawx Ultra XTD then you should stock up on the current one. More details about the new boots to come.
    who would have thought that I would have ended up bickering with the guy behind my most favourite ski boot ever as well as one of my most prized possessions, oh well charge it to the game i guess.

so we've kinda butted heads over the BOA cause it was fun and it's tgr and i get it.

my actual concern looking at the boot though was the impact of adding the boa on the overall mold. Because having the BOA as an option (cause it's an option right?) does not enrage me that much, switching to PU in the scafo? fuck it i'm down, great.

But i guess that- after reading the other posts- adding this hotel-room-safe knob had to entail changing the mold and thus the fit of that shell. We're talking about the maybe only proper "low volume" touring shell on the market. Was it worth it? I hope that those changes are minimal and i do trust your opinion enough to give it a try at least once it comes out.

I'll still panic- stockpile on these last years' ones though.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Good link. I hope the dalbello catalog is available soon to the public. Lots of changes going on there. Wondering if I’ll need to stock up on some boots.

23/24 Gear Rumors

Deleted.

No need to continue the BOA back-and-forth.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Good link. I hope the dalbello catalog is available soon to the public. Lots of changes going on there. Wondering if I’ll need to stock up on some boots.
    Yeah, I'm wondering if there is still a krypton (with tech fittings) available.

That big looking K2 crescendo is interesting too. It looks massive!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

23/24 Gear Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    100%

23/24 Gear Rumors

Big feet finally get a cross over boot in new Cochise HV (102) series.

Nordica Unlimited boots sit between Cochise and Zero G for function.

Lange (Shadow) boots have new extra, not a pivot but sliding reinforcement point further down the side below ankle, presumably increase lateral stiffness while allowing more forward flex???

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I don't know shit, but signs would point to no with this boot existing: Gripwalk, 98 last, Cabrio, and no fittings. With that mold existing, it's hard to imagine that the Krypton wouldn't use it if it's still around.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-01-12 201529.png
Views: 1859
Size:  687.1 KB
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by oltrepiave View Post
    who would have thought that I would have ended up bickering with the guy behind my most favourite ski boot ever as well as one of my most prized possessions, oh well charge it to the game i guess.

so we've kinda butted heads over the BOA cause it was fun and it's tgr and i get it.

my actual concern looking at the boot though was the impact of adding the boa on the overall mold. Because having the BOA as an option (cause it's an option right?) does not enrage me that much, switching to PU in the scafo? fuck it i'm down, great.

But i guess that- after reading the other posts- adding this hotel-room-safe knob had to entail changing the mold and thus the fit of that shell. We're talking about the maybe only proper "low volume" touring shell on the market. Was it worth it? I hope that those changes are minimal and i do trust your opinion enough to give it a try at least once it comes out.

you can have it both ways it seems

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-12 202720.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	825.3 KB 
ID:	442435
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-01-12 202757.png
Views: 1876
Size:  919.0 KB
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Big feet finally get a cross over boot in new Cochise HV (102) series.

Nordica Unlimited boots sit between Cochise and Zero G for function.

Lange (Shadow) boots have new extra, not a pivot but sliding reinforcement point further down the side below ankle, presumably increase lateral stiffness while allowing more forward flex???
    God damn hobbits have had touring boots for years. When are they going to release a proper low volume touring boot? Every boot out there is just massive piece of crap for those who have super skinny ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    Between commander 108, wildcat 108s, and deathwish 112, curiosity is definitely piqued on what kind of radness justifies another ski in 110
    Guessing a commander 110 with a Deathwish tail

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone know if the katana 108 has any changes?

Quote Originally Posted by chicken feathers View Post
    Since this is the rumor thread my wife got some boot work done this fall and the boot fitter claimed the Scarpa's rep said they are releasing their long rumored 3 buckle NTN touring boot soon. I called BS. He said he'd seen pics and then pulled up Scrapa's site on his phone to show us
    I have seen the protoypes and they are far from production worthy. 2024/25 is the earliest they will be released, and I wouldn't hold my breath. Good news is they are working on it and they will be released someday..

Quote Originally Posted by oltrepiave View Post

Haha, there's no need to stockpile the 1st gen boot for fit reasons (or any others IMO). Everyone is going to be stoked with the changes (and non-changes) to this boot.

Curious about this new Dalbello Cabrio boot. Anyone know what the forward lean is and what the sole looks like? Removable tounges?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Anyone know if the katana 108 has any changes?
    it doesn't look like it re the mpora-link above

Name:	new-ski-gear-23-24-74.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	1,005.8 KB 
ID:	442478

23/24 Gear Rumors

Well, I mean, we can agree that it’s an improvement on the color way.

Sorry. I was wrong. The all black Katana was dope.

But blood red is a damn dope image.

I can dig.

Still don’t understand why the logo has to be the graphic. Volkl’s graphic design team is clearly more than one artist.

NTTAWWT.

But can you imagine a 2024 katana with a sword on it? I can. And it would be black.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

But can you imagine a 2024 katana with a sword on it? I can. And it would be black.
    Volkl's charger skis from ~ 08-13 are my favorite graphics. I'd be happy to see similar work again.
    The new Katana looks good. I sorta dig the subtle Renntiger stripes they got going on.