Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Don't you worry, she rips bud.
    But does it come with BOA?

Lol!! The amount of sheer fury over the BOA on all the different forums has been hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    One of those skis may change as well....

Nope.
    I'm going with a Death Commander 110. Triple Camber Flat tail with metal.

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    If you want a lighter, less stable, less powerful, less damp Hawx Ultra XTD then you should stock up on the current one. More details about the new boots to come.
    Will inner shapes of both Ultra and Ultra XTD change? Are there any changes for regular Ultra?

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    Lol!! The amount of sheer fury over the BOA on all the different forums has been hilarious!

pretty sweet, now backcountry repair kits can include some more crap, cause that boa shit is sure to get destroyed. Nothing like bringing some more cable and knobs.

Wait til that knob finds the end of a branch under the snow and the cable wraps around said branch.

that mod is pretty sweet though that’s down below.

Also, I love that Amer’s idea isn’t to develop a warmer boot, it’s just to simply make the same cold as shit boot that seems to get more expensive and then sell you a boot glove on the back end too. Genius.

Moore BOAs:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 07.08.53.JPG 
Views:	286 
Size:	995.9 KB 
ID:	442327

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I love my hoji 130. Starting to get a bit soft though.

Is the 'radical similar?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    The Radical Pro is basically the Hoji 2 straight from the Boss's mouth. I've got 20+ days on mine and can say they are a big improvement on the Hoji 130.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Also, I love that Amer’s idea isn’t to develop a warmer boot, it’s just to simply make the same cold as shit boot that seems to get more expensive and then sell you a boot glove on the back end too. Genius.
    Damn, you got me.

Damn, you got me.

I dunno, maybe quit designing boas and design built in heat? Like cut a deal with lenz and heat a liner. Better then bringing back the Boa. But now that I said that, Amer will develop their own battery and make it a $1600 boot with a boa.

there is a very very specific reason backcountry snowboard boots are not using Boas. Even snowboarders can figure that out. Laces tie back together.

Yeah… boa is a non starter for me on ski gear and I’m hesitant in general for all gear. Anything that compromises durability would need to have a massive upside. I’ve had this stance for years and I broke down and bought a sale pair of shoes with Boa for bikepacking. Put about 200 miles on them at home then they broke about 200 miles into a 500 mile trip and it was terrible.

Especially for backcountry skis I just have not considered it. Day 3 of a big trip “oh no my boot won’t close” is a safety issue. It could also ruin a big resort trip as well…

But… what does the average skier buying Hawx put in per year? Likely 7 days? Then they keep the the boots for 3-4 years. So less than 30 days of total skiing before they’re ready to upgrade. I’d imagine that they won’t see many failures for those users. For me my issue is season 2 the boots might be over 100 days and I don’t want to worry about if I can consider the closure reliable on a big trip or if I need to buy a replacement.

pretty sweet, now backcountry repair kits can include some more crap, cause that boa shit is sure to get destroyed. Nothing like bringing some more cable and knobs.

How is the Boa supposed to manage bunions and bunionettes? I haven’t ever really used my front buckles. Maybe I’m not punching enough?

I dunno, maybe quit designing boas and design built in heat? Like cut a deal with lenz and heat a liner. Better then bringing back the Boa. But now that I said that, Amer will develop their own battery and make it a $1600 boot with a boa.

there is a very very specific reason backcountry snowboard boots are not using Boas. Even snowboarders can figure that out. Laces tie back together.
    You work in a shop, right? Don't you know the warranty rate of all things heated? Liners, socks, gloves are all pretty terrible. So let's add heating elements into World Cup race boots? I can think of about 1000 ways that will go wrong and get your boot price up to $1600. Far easier and cheaper to make our own neoprene cover for our World Cup athletes. It started out as an athlete-only item and we never planned to sell it but the request from average racers was pretty huge.

There is a very specific reason why we aren't using anything from snowboard BOA systems- they're fucking terrible. This system is similar in name only and one of our main demands to BOA over 4 years ago was that it can't suffer the same fate as their snowboard stuff. It's needs to be thoroughly durable, reparable and basically totally different inside and out. But if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to buy it. Buckle versions (of our boots at least) will still exist for those who want a more traditional set up.

You work in a shop, right? Don't you know the warranty rate of all things heated? Liners, socks, gloves are all pretty terrible. So let's add heating elements into World Cup race boots? I can think of about 1000 ways that will go wrong and get your boot price up to $1600. Far easier and cheaper to make our own neoprene cover for our World Cup athletes. It started out as an athlete-only item and we never planned to sell it but the request from average racers was pretty huge.

There is a very specific reason why we aren't using anything from snowboard BOA systems- they're fucking terrible. This system is similar in name only and one of our main demands to BOA over 4 years ago was that it can't suffer the same fate as their snowboard stuff. It's needs to be thoroughly durable, reparable and basically totally different inside and out. But if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to buy it. Buckle versions (of our boots at least) will still exist for those who want a more traditional set up.

ya. We definitely know warranty, and I’ll tell you what, lenz kicks ass and there are very very few warranty issues. Wanna compare that to the piles of boas from old attempts at ski and snowboard boots. And guess what, people come in for boot work all the time, and if is a comfort thing they don’t mind it, but the people that come in with broken shit hate it. And so do the techs because we don’t need to clean up some failure in engineering by a billion dollar company and have to reason with people that it was a “great idea”.

and anything that says boa is literally the same thing as before, just bigger cables and new knobs. Just call it generation update 4,069.

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    So much pent up hate, It's amazing!!!

that mod is pretty sweet though that’s down below.

You are missing that a BOA clog will work so much better with a boot glove, it just needs a hole for the boa.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    How is the Boa supposed to manage bunions and bunionettes? I haven’t ever really used my front buckles. Maybe I’m not punching enough?
    This BOA system provides a better wrapping effect than what buckles can achieve. As someone who never buckled his shell buckles more than "barely there", it was honestly surprising to me. But it shouldn't really change anything in terms of "do I boot fit or not".

I guess I’ll have to try some on with an open mind.

My main motivation for using the front buckle at all is less clattering. Despite my skepticism I might actually be the ideal Boa candidate!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Moore BOAs:

That thing has a ZipFit liner
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Moore BOAs:

Sorry to distract from all the BOA discussion, but did anyone else notice what looks like a Zipfit logo on the liner in this Fischer boot? Factory Zipfit liner?

Edit: Eluder beat me to it by a second or two.

Rather than arguing about BOA, I would love to know what the last shape is like on the new Atomic stuff compared to the existing Hawx XTD.
    For me, hopefully similar volume with a touch more internal length. Or all around lower volume so that I can go up a size.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    That thing has a ZipFit liner
    Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Rather than arguing about BOA, I would love to know what the last shape is like on the new Atomic stuff compared to the existing Hawx XTD.
    For me, hopefully similar volume with a touch more internal length. Or all around lower volume so that I can go up a size.
    I want to know this too, hoping no change because I'm always between sizes in everything else and the hawx ultra fits me perfectly. Also wondering about changes in walk mode efficiency, and just how much heavier the new xtd will be compared to the current.

Also will it work out of the box with Marker ID bindings? I had to hack away a good amount of rubber from the toe of my first-gen XTDs to fit in bindings.

Also is the liner any good or do I need to budget for intuitions on top of the shells?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Rather than arguing weather boa is inherently a good or bad idea, I’d love to know what the decision process and key factors were in determining which boots got and didn’t get boa for next year.

I’m guessing it didn’t make it on to many lower price point boots, and also unlikely on FIS redsters. Did it make it on to club sport redsters? And why or why not. Cost, Consumer sentiment, size, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Rather than arguing weather boa is inherently a good or bad idea, I’d love to know what the decision process and key factors were in determining which boots got and didn’t get boa for next year.

I’m guessing it didn’t make it on to many lower price point boots, and also unlikely on FIS redsters. Did it make it on to club sport redsters? And why or why not. Cost, Consumer sentiment, size, etc.
    We need a GEAR:30 podcast on this pronto!

Formerly Rludes025

^This 100%

This BOA system can only be applied to a new mold series; it can’t be simply added to an existing boot (well it could but it would need so many new molds & last modifications to make it work that it would be easier to make a new boot). So this BOA system will only be on whatever new boot a brand has coming for the 23/24 season. In order to get it on other models will require waiting for the model to be heavily updated or renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    We need a GEAR:30 podcast on this pronto!
    Coming.