Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Shame the last on those things isn't great unless you have the exact foot shape that works with them.
    They are easy to mod

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Also curious about the new Dobies. P. 46-49 below.

https://issuu.com/nordica_northameri...rkbook_digital

Edit to add: The 96 last specifically; looks like more competition for the Lange RS 140, etc.
    Me too. I think I'll even upsize to 27.5, only 5 mm more of bsl compared to my current 26.5s.

support the raddest project going: http://heritagelabskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Me too. I think I'll even upsize to 27.5, only 5 mm more of bsl compared to my current 26.5s.
    ]
    so the 27 is 310mm?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyonaBuffalo View Post
    so the 27 is 310mm?
    According to the Norwegian importer, yes.

^^^
    Is that true for the 93mm last Dobermans to?

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    ^^^
    Is that true for the 93mm last Dobermans to?
    I didn't ask about the 93mm ones, but the catalog says it is across the whole line. I guess the same outer molds, different internals between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Hmm, a little heavier than I hoped.
    Yeah. Same. Why not just buy a zed on discount now? Or better yet, a much lighter alpinist?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Yeah. Same. Why not just buy a zed on discount now? Or better yet, a much lighter alpinist?
    I like the fact that with just a couple of extra holes with inserts I could have a 250g skimo type clamp with a leash, a 480g clamp with brakes for daily, and King Pin for when I might be doing some 50/50. All with the same toe, only needing to change the heel.

Fondled the new AMER Summit 12 the other day, mounted on the 189cm(?) Echo 106. 2333/2340 grams for each ski w/binding. The Echo borrows a lot of the rocker and shape from the Blank over the QST 106, which seems like a good call for the type of ski they are going for.

The Summit seems super robust. They were designed specifically to have a freeride-spacer-like feel with the brake but can be used without. Sounds like a "pure" version might come with a "freeride spacer" too. Supposedly they worked on the "flappy riser" issue that develops after a period of time. As a long-time user of the MTN I could see myself putting this on my "freeride" setup and going lighter on my spring/mountaineering set up.

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering if there is still a krypton (with tech fittings) available.

That big looking K2 crescendo is interesting too. It looks massive!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I just put 7 days on 186 Crescendos swapping back and forth with 192 L138s. (Similar skis, I've also skied Spats, gen 1 Pontoons, L120s)

Crescendo was my grab whenever skiing more open, higher speed/charger, or denser/less deep snow. The Lotus is what I grabbed for tighter trees, variable snow, deeper snow, or tracked snow.

It's a super fun ski. It doesn't erase tracks quite as well as the L138, but it punches right through. It is not as loose read-your-mind slarvy maneuverable but still extremely maneuverable with an intentional unloading (pushp-pop-pivot-point) that is very fun and it has a very high speed limit that makes it more fun when you don't need the wider waist. It is a predictable hucker. It wants to be driven from neutral to forward, but it won't kill you if you get knocked back seat, you can still maneuver and recover. Crescendo is well behaved in variable/crust but not as dreamlike as the 138. Good job K2!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Fondled the new AMER Summit 12 the other day, mounted on the 189cm(?) Echo 106. 2333/2340 grams for each ski w/binding. The Echo borrows a lot of the rocker and shape from the Blank over the QST 106, which seems like a good call for the type of ski they are going for.
    The echo is literally a QST 106 with a different lay up. Exact same shape. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C7624102-4601-4C28-91BE-0239FB3C4D53.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	533.1 KB 
ID:	452580
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B18E7E05-3307-4779-930C-DB7E44D0DE8D.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	513.0 KB 
ID:	452582
    Last edited by GoldenBC; 03-20-2023 at 04:33 PM.

Whoops. I had next years Blank and Echo next to each other and was quoting one of their athletes directly when I posted that. I haven't seen the new QST in person so I didn't know that they were the same exact mold/shape.

@asmileyface the Blank is unchanged next year and this Echo pictured is next year’s too. Unless there is another ski I don’t know about, the Echo106 has nothing to do with the Blank. But yes, this year’s QST 106 does have a longer taper that is more like the blank than the old 106.

I saw people testing white Rossi skis yesterday at Mammoth, so I took photos and then I just kept skiing. I didn't talk to anyone, so I have no info---only photos.

Sent from my S6701L using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vitamin I; 07-23-2023 at 10:11 PM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

^ interesting that they have the longer Exp88? in the mix presumably as an A/B. There’s hope for chargers yet!

I'm getting the new dynafit Tigard boot next month. Will be my inbounds boot. Will report back..

I looked at the tigard in France last spring. Imo, not as good as the lange or Technica boots. These two companies have a lot of experience making Alpine boots.

I have the dynafit hoji 130, great boot, but i got it because it's a lot easier to get in, and, due to climbing, i cannot easily bend my big toe.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

I've been on the hoji 130 inbounds for the last 1.5 seasons. I come from a bc background so don't want a full alpine boot. Pain to walk in etc. Tigard should be all I need. Ski a tit 6 when walking uphill..

The Tigard is plenty powerful enough for most folks out there and that walk mode is killer. Flexes much better than the Hoji imo. I am past the one boot quiver phase of my skiing so I don't have a place for it at this point.

Does the Tigard have a similar fit to the khions/beast?

101 mm stated last and "higher instep", that's what i was told by an italian dynafit rep....might be worthless info

I think it's not as narrow as the hoji free 130?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Does the Tigard have a similar fit to the khions/beast?
    Search the Dynafit Tigard thread. No, they’ve decided to alienate all their existing users by focusing on on a high instep and high volume ankle fit.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Search the Dynafit Tigard thread. No, they’ve decided to alienate all their existing users by focusing on on a high instep and high volume ankle fit.
    So, it’s the tlt7 of beef boots….

Quote Originally Posted by shredorded View Post
    K2 are doubling-down on boots with Boa over the forefoot
    Man did they ever… some look pretty tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums