The Marcus Buckingham Company, "Stand Out" and personality tests?

Anyone else have this bullshit in their organization? What a fucking waste of time and money, but alas I'm sure someone within the healthcare organization I work for is making some sort of big splash by implementing this.
    For some reason I thought healthcare was about taking care of patients not giving personal information and data to some third party that will inevitably start sending me mail and spam.

When healthcare organizations were only about delivering healthcare prior to administration staffing bloat, I’d probably agree. But it’s big business and proper job placement is important in reducing turnover and some of these surveys can help with that. Not that familiar with the one listed but yes, big orgs are using these personality tests with some being fairly successful in reducing job churn.

there seemed to be a new slogan or personality test every year at the mother corp

which was of course a waste of time cuz techie's have no personality
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Hadn’t heard if this Marcus guy, but assumed he was just another bullshitting motivational speaker. https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-in...love-with-work

Yup.

yep, probably raking in thousands of dollars from healthcare organizations trying to figure out why their employees are leaving in droves

I struggle with the logic behind hiring these people, but like Conundrum said above I also do kind of get it a little when healthcare organizations are "top heavy" (i.e. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians)

Half of this is HR trying to justify their jobs. Drives me crazy too. However, it can be a lever to make some gains in the company too. For example, there's one coming up at my org and when I got the invite I was tempted to shut that shit down hard, but then I saw that there were only a handful of people invited ... people that were of reasonably high profile in the org and all of the sudden it became less a pain in the ass and more a chance to participate and gain some recognition. Sounds like I'm bootlicking, but it's all a game at the end.

I’m not one for big data aggregators where the product is you. But, some of these type identifiers are fairly accurate. I’ve had to take them a couple times before hire. One in my mid 20s and one in my early 30s from different orgs. Fairly similar results. I asked our HR dept for a couple more tries a couple years ago thinking things may change. Similar results after interjecting my own variables-took one plastered on whiskey, waited six months and then high as a kite.

I also have my teams’ results from theirs and it has truly benefited my communication and project assignments with them.

Not sure how useful it would be for medical caregivers and I don’t know the cost but I don’t think they’re terrible for identifying factors to optimize team performance. At least that has been my experience. On a personal note, both my wife and I have taken them for work and reviewing them together has helped our communication too. We’re opposite on most of the categories the tests measure and knowing that is pretty cool when things start to get heated.

Nothing new in healthcare. I’ve been through this kind of thing too many times to count in the last 34+ years working solely in healthcare. It’s because management has no clue what it’s like to actually work in healthcare, even people with prior clinical experience, they’re in management because they couldn’t hack it in the clinical setting. It’s a shitty job, but it can be rewarding.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I took a personality test once.