So I've been working in Kingman Arizona on and off for the last two years and although it's a little rough around the edges there's a lot of fine folks that reside there.

I didn't really know anything about the place before I started spending time there. Last year Mike, the Parks and Rec Supervisor offered the Pool House on Grand View as a place to crash at night and store my gear in. It's closed in the winter and located on a city owned parcel right in old town and a 3 minute drive from the park we are working in. It seemed like a decent idea so I said thanks and gave it a try. Right away the place made me uneasy. It felt super creepy as most old, concrete buildings do so I ignored my gut feelings and decided to set up a tent on the grass next to the pool. It's an enclosed area with a high steel fence blocking people from entering so it seemed safe enough. On my second night I woke at 3 AM to a voice having a conversation but with no one else participating. It was hard to understand the actual words but at the same time it sounded like it was right there next to my tent. I laid there quietly figuring it was some weirdo on the other side of the fence. There's a large population in Kingman of meth heads and homeless people so it made sense.

The next night I'm walking back from downtown after dinner and a few beverages and I see this figure on the sidewalk, next to the poorhouse in some large shade junipers that line the sidewalk there. The shadowy figure then disappears behind one of the trees. I figure whatever, probably another homeless person that won't bother me and I keep walking. AS I get to that tree there's no one there. That person disappeared. It's dark af out so maybe I missed something.

I start noticing that the AM radio in the pool house is somehow turned on every day. I would leave for work and come back to it on. I'd leave late in the afternoon to go get dinner and come back in the evening with it on. IT was eerie.

After three days I packed up my gear and decided I was more comfortable staying up in the park. The pool house gave me the hebie jeebies.

So I start googling Kingman, pool house deaths, murder etc. and find out that the parking lot next to the pool house and the high school right there have quite the history.

If you like ghost stories check this shit out.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/d...ct-in-arizona/

https://jimhinckleysamerica.com/2022...s-on-route-66/

It's the creepiest place I've ever been around and I've experienced some weird stuff these bunch of years trail building and camping. The whole town is filled with crazy ghost stories and dark history. I dig that, I really enjoy that aspect of old mining towns.