Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    What's with social media being slow (or just nothing) for big non-WC races? Crazy how hard it is to find results from the British race at Fort William or any of the Downhill Southeast races.
    I don't understand why these are falling off.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Another apparent kink in the streaming plan… GCN+ doesn’t have a Roku app. Ugh.

The lack of any online news about early season downhill racing is leaving me with a shockingly low stoke for the upcoming DH season. Which means I’m spending zero time looking into buying access to watch the races. Which means the first race will come with full apathy and struggle to decide wether to Pay Per View.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Need to check if there's a GCN+ app for my Samsung TV. I think it's a 2019 model so hopefully it works. I love WCDH enough that I will buy a subscription for the months of DH races.

Ponied up for GCN+ this morning, watched the end of the Giro live, then the XCC. The XCC coverage felt nice and Pro, like the 90's XC hayday when racing on OLN. No interruptions to highlight a specific Redbull sponsored rider regardless if they might win or not. Maybe the counterpart to Bart in the commentary bits could look a little less like she just stepped out of Saks Fith Ave.

Let's see how they do with DH camera's on course.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    The lack of any online news about early season downhill racing is leaving me with a shockingly low stoke for the upcoming DH season. Which means I’m spending zero time looking into buying access to watch the races. Which means the first race will come with full apathy and struggle to decide wether to Pay Per View.
    This sums up my thoughts on this transition so far:

Did I read something that you need a subscription to watch live, but not for replays? Or am I completely off there?

UCI short track up and readily available!! Halley Batten is off to a start. Blevins had a horrid starting slot.

Is there anyplace they schedule these without rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Did I read something that you need a subscription to watch live, but not for replays? Or am I completely off there?
    The way I read the Pinkbike article was; it's still a bit unclear, but probably free access to qualis, maybe free access to the semi-final race and Pay Per View only for whatever they call the second race. Maybe some highlights and replays on free Youtube. And still zero idea whether World Champs can be watched from a nerdless perspective.

U23 XCC is on YouTube for free right now… pretty solid coverage and commentary. Definitely miss Rob Warner, but I’d say they’re off to a solid start. It seems like the course coverage and camera angles are better than the RB coverage so far.

How can we have so many kids doing the NICA thing, and not have it trickling through to our u23’s?
    Regardless, the UCI races are improved coverage. Lifetime, I haven’t figured out yet.

Been watching via GCN+ app on my Apple TV. Love the XCO and XCO coverage. What a weekend for Pinnarello and their FS debut.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Anyone nailed down viewing options? Is it possible to watch on HBO, or is it now just "Max?"

I'm going to be watching replays on youtube or the illegal re-streams via tiz-cycling at this point, b/c I don't need any more apps/subscriptions in my life. Imagine this is going to be a massive net loss for the UCI Mountain Bike side of the house.

- paid subscription to watch
    - paid subscription still doesn't cover world champs
    - new announcers with no previous bike experience
    - screwy condensed schedule
    - screwy qualifying rounds in DH
    - pinkbike killed all fantasy leagues

It's like the UCI and the media head honchos had some secret meeting where they decided 2023 was the year they were gonna kill the sport.

I've been an HBOMAX (now Max) subscriber for a bit. Looked real hard through the app and there is no live cycling in the USA from what I can tell.

I will be biting the bullet and subscribing for the year. 5 months of DH racing at $9/month or $50/year. I will likely forget to cancel and then keep paying monthly (looking at you, World Champs VPN).

I love watching DH racing and want this sport to thrive. Fingers crossed it is as good or better than Red Bull coverage. Gonna miss Rob Warner though...

$9 gets you the first 3 races, right?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

GCN+ is like $4.16 a month with the annual $49.99 subscription.
    I save that much monthly in bike lube just by waxing my chains….. oh now I’m mixing topics.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Another apparent kink in the streaming plan… GCN+ doesn’t have a Roku app. Ugh.
    I had forgotten about this, and it's definitely an odd one because as far as app platforms/ecosystems go, Roku is still the most neutral. I was thinking I'd pony up for the subscription, but if I need to stream or cast from a computer or tablet anyways, I might as well cross my fingers and hope a freeplay shows up somewhere a day. or so after the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    GCN+ is like $4.16 a month with the annual $49.99 subscription.
    I save that much monthly in bike lube just by waxing my chains….. oh now I’m mixing topics.
    There are already 2 threads screwed by that pooch... don't bring that ish here!

Commentating in the juniors DH is OK.

Gwinn's crash was awkward, looks like he's out for a while with a broken arm/elbow.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Hill, denied.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Commentating in the juniors DH is OK.
    I thought the other commentator (not Ric C) was pretty bad, but I only watched a couple of runs so hopefully it grows on me and/or he gets better. The camera coverage is definitely better than RB though.

Signed up for the $50 flat rate.. I figured by the time I remember to cancel in the fall I would be a few bucks short of that. If I get my bike on the trainer this fall/winter and watch 3-4 things it'll pay for the year.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    Hill, denied.
    Not really all that surprising. He's been fading in EWS for a while, so it would've been crazy if he could somehow put together a run in DH. Might be time for him to retire to the EWS moped class.

Rachel qualified 2nd though. That's impressive.

Bummed that Gwin and Luke meier-smith are out. Was looking forward to seeing what those guys could do this season.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Not really all that surprising. He's been fading in EWS for a while, so it would've been crazy if he could somehow put together a run in DH. Might be time for him to retire to the EWS moped class.

Rachel qualified 2nd though. That's impressive.

Bummed that Gwin and Luke meier-smith are out. Was looking forward to seeing what those guys could do this season.
    Agreed. I've been curious to see how Iles, Goldstone, and Williams start taking over from some of the older guard like Hart ('only' 31), Minaar, et al.
    Where is that french contingent at speed wise coming in...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com