Million dollar idea generation - need a computer programmer

Yeah, so I'm sick of meetings on teams, zoom, webex, whatever the fuck that drag on "because we have the whole hour". Fuck that. I got shit to do that isn't listening to this bullshit.

I want an app that displays a National Debt style counter ticking up on my calls on everyone's screen. $ displayed = Number of participants on the call x average cost to the company per hour x time. It needs to show up on everyone's screen. Cost calculation is live as people jump on and off, so their 5 minutes when they're on and off the call is counted.

Non-closable box, always on top so long as they're in the meeting. Auto-generate an email to all attendees after the meeting telling everyone of the estimated cost of that shitshow. Maybe even generate personalized cost of their time on that call.

Who can code this? I would pay good money for this app. There are other non-automatic versions out there that only show up on your screen, but I want something far more accurate and aggressive.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

But the camaraderie from learning about whoever's random tree in the fake zoom background! You can't quantify this kind of value,.
    sigless.

If accurate is what you want you are going to need good data. Getting access and permission may be harder than finding someone to code it. If it's your company then it's a matter of how much you want to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    If accurate is what you want you are going to need good data. Getting access and permission may be harder than finding someone to code it. If it's your company then it's a matter of how much you want to spend.
    Accuracy not of peoples salary, but an accurate accounting of person-minutes logged into the call. Every one of these programs tell you how many users are currently logged in right on screen. I'll set an assumed rate for all users.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

How do I get in on this?

A few people I work with prefer “working meetings” to discuss things that really just require them to go back to their desk and take a minute to analyze the problem described in an email, review the appropriate guidance and make a decision.

Instead we end up in a room talking in circles with a result of “hey, I’ll look into that and get back to you” because get this, what they really need to do is go review the guidance so they can make a decision and because they are in so many meetings you have to put another “working” meeting on their calendar to get anywhere.

The real issue is people never get trained how to hold and facilitate a meeting apparently. Agenda, goal, timelines, etc… free range meetings drive me nuts.

If you are attending my meeting it starts at the stated time and ends early typically.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    H
    The real issue is people never get trained how to hold and facilitate a meeting apparently. Agenda, goal, timelines, etc… free range meetings drive me nuts.

Iy.
    this is pretty much it
    then your the bad guy when you raise your voice slightly (no yelling) and demand that people stay on task and focus when the conversation goes sideways

been on many different boards and run my own business I've upset many people when the meeting starts going sideways and I cut them off so we can focus on the topic at hand

agendas are key

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    this is pretty much it
    then your the bad guy when you raise your voice slightly (no yelling) and demand that people stay on task and focus when the conversation goes sideways
    Sounds like my annual review. I'm told I'm too aggressive in meetings but I keep things on track.

Code would be simple...dont think WebEx or zoom would be stoked to allow such a plugin.

Work around, Record yourself paying attention, play recording as background, point camera at wall... focus on getting work done. Don't ask me how I know :-). Thankfully 99% I don't need camera on, but when do it is always the most pointless meetings.

Thank Dog we do not have to turn our cameras on for our work meetings.