Tips for bolivia golden dorado?

Anybody fish for golden dorado? I am headed down to Santa Cruz to visit family here pretty soon, and for part of the trip we are headed are headed to corumba Brasil. It sits on the pantanal, and there is golden dorado in the water. My boy and i want to catch some.
    Anybody got some dorado tips? Other than don't stick your hand in there to grab the fly ...
    sigless.

Looks like big streamers and big rods are the ticket. Maybe we'll have to go find a shop in corumba to get geared up. We have access to a motorboat we can use.
    sigless.

nothing to add other than this flick by the Provo Brothers

PM ian provo, he used to occasionally post on the tgrz, probably lurks.
    style matters...

Damn dude. I want to go fish there! We are not going to make it too far out of corumba.
    sigless.

Looks rad! I remember seeing a few fishing shows on TV that did a few episodes in the Amazon, a whole 'nother world of fishing.

Well, we will see what ends up happening. Planning down here is rather tough. It looks like we will stop on the highway (probably a generous term) to corumba to hit up some stuff in Santiago de chiquitos, and then on to corumba. We'll check out the port on the Bolivian side where our family has business, and then should have some time to fish. Bonito in Brasil is another talked about destination...
    sigless.