Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah that was a Yan I believe at whistler creekside where the chair slipped off quite a long time ago and ever buddy knew it was shite, a whistler employee I knew had told his kid he was not allowed to use that lift

I didnt know the answer but i knew you were rong,

remember there is always the google

https://liftblog.com/2022/12/22/chai...-breckenridge/

" This is the second carrier to fall from a detachable lift in North America this season. Earlier this month, an empty gondola fell from Mont-Sainte-Anne’s gondola, an incident blamed on human error after a grip attach fault. "
    https://liftblog.com/tag/doppelmayr/

and btw the lift ^^ that fell was a Doppelmayr
    Hahem I think you mean Droppelmayr.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yan_Lift

https://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/wh...silver-2456415

This is the lift in question that killed a bunch of people in Whistler at Christmas and went on to have a bunch more accidents from grip breakage accidents. LL which was RCR at the time purchased a bunch of Yans same with RCR for their sister resorts which all were retro fitted shortly after the company went bankrupt. RCR is still running retro fitted Yans…

1996- yan = lift manufacturing

Doppelmayr and poma are tge same company now and generally good lifts. Theyre all bolted together and parts are repkaced rather than "weld it" fixes like ths yan's. Yan's are junk and i bet you could find cracjs on most of them. They get a lit of welding annually

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Doppelmayr and poma are tge same company now and generally good lifts. Theyre all bolted together and parts are repkaced rather than "weld it" fixes like ths yan's. Yan's are junk and i bet you could find cracjs on most of them. They get a lit of welding annually

You’re thinking of Leitner and Poma being one company. Doppelmayr is their only competition for detachables in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Baron View Post
    You’re thinking of Leitner and Poma being one company. Doppelmayr is their only competition for detachables in North America.

Oh right yes thats correct. Doppelmayr is still bolted together and slotted holes where need be like poma leitners. Alignment and repair is easier that way. Thats probably part of the reason the yans get cracks, shitty alignment with lots of welds. I never thought about it back in the day lapping paradise chair triple at LL, or atleast until i helped install a poma quad and then later had my welding buddy tell me all the work he gets trying to fix a yan. The poma was pretty ez putting together. 8.8 bolts all tourqued to spec with enough adjustment with the splotted holes. Well designed lifts. Changed a lot of bolts from my old microbus to nice 8.8's with nyloc nuts back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    1996- yan = lift manufacturing
    "Lift Engineering"

After Yan had to close down Lift Engineering due to killing too many people, he managed to start a new company which built a small funicular in Los Angeles. This, of course, also failed, killing one person and badly injuring several others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels...#2001_accident

It's truly astounding how he could build lifts that failed and killed people, over and over again -- yet after each accident, ski resort management and local governments kept hiring him to design and build lifts, over and over again. "Surely this time he'll get it right. They're not cheaper just because Yanek cuts corners!"

Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post
    Don't get on the green ones or the red ones.
    Galileo disproved that red gondolas fall faster than green ones.

YAN- You're Airborne Now.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    KH is awesome, and I had a great time skiing there, but their gondi seemed like it needed some maintenance. I was there towards the end of last season. They had to manually lock the grip onto the cable at least a couple of times while we were loading or in line - they had a big hook on a long handle for this. I'm assuming the failure mode of the grip is that it is locked, rather than open, so I wasn't super worried about it randomly opening once locked. But not something I'd seen anywhere else.
    Pretty sure they were just opening and closing the doors of the gondi with the hook if the automatic system is wasn’t working correctly…

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Pretty sure they were just opening and closing the doors of the gondi with the hook if the automatic system is wasn’t working correctly…
    You might be right - I am by no means a lift expert. That would be less worrying for sure, though still not something I'd expect.

Name:  FlTOthSWYAAQXUW.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  84.3 KB

Good to see the locals making the best of it..

https://www.journaldequebec.com/2022...nt-sainte-anne