Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Low SPO2?

I had a follow up with my cardiologist today.

-EGK results for the two weeks I was wearing a monitor post hospital visit were fine.
    -Still no smoking gun
    -He said the chance of recurrence without a smoking gun is very, very small.

I asked him about electro physiology or neurology workups. He said both would have a less than 1% chance of finding something and that electro physiology wouldn't have specialized tests above and beyond what has been done already.

He concluded by telling me to go live my life, so I guess that is what I'm going to do.

Any unexplained transient loss of consciousness that isn't obviously cardiac in nature is still almost always cardiac--it may take a lot of monitoring to prove it. I had a guy got both his 90%+ blocked carotid arteries fixed for syncope-it was in the ICU after the second one that complete heart block showed up. Once you rule out vasovagal syncope, low bood sugar, and low volume there isn't a lot left besides cardiac. Note I said transient--things like strokes and brain tumors can certainly cause loss of consciousness but you don't wake up normal.

Edit to say I posted this before I saw Kevo's post. It is not a comment on his doctor's advice, just a comment on syncope in general. As far as Kevo--with two weeks of negative cardiac monitoring there isn't a lot more to do.
    Last edited by old goat; 02-14-2023 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I

He concluded by telling me to go live my life, so I guess that is what I'm going to do.
    this is the best dr advice/test result he could have provided you seriously take it and run with it

I could worry about all kinds of shit tone down my life place it safe and careful but decided not to or let it live my life for me, my life carries on as if nothing has ever happened to me bad
    going in to the hospital in a few weeks for a full run down of tests that I don't even know the slightest thing about, fears overcome me about the what ifs, but I slap myself right away and remind myself none of it matters
    only thing I do is pray that I make it to 55 before they pull out the grinder open me up again

Hardest part for you, Kevo, will be trusting the words of your doc. For your own benefit, you should accept the work up as negative and go live your life.

I just got put into “remission” after six months of chemo for Hodgkins Lymphoma and my daily life sucks ass because I’m not living, I’m obsessive about recurrence.

Living is easier said than done, but ya gotta try.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Hardest part for you, Kevo, will be trusting the words of your doc. For your own benefit, you should accept the work up as negative and go live your life.

I just got put into “remission” after six months of chemo for Hodgkins Lymphoma and my daily life sucks ass because I’m not living, I’m obsessive about recurrence.

Living is easier said than done, but ya gotta try.
    Shit man. Fingers crossed for you. One of my good friends had a bout of lymphoma in his late 20s and he's going strong without recurrence 15 years later. Best of luck in your recovery both mentally and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Edit to say I posted this before I saw Kevo's post. It is not a comment on his doctor's advice, just a comment on syncope in general. As far as Kevo--with two weeks of negative cardiac monitoring there isn't a lot more to do.
    Thanks for all the details you've posted, OG.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    this is the best dr advice/test result he could have provided you seriously take it and run with it

I could worry about all kinds of shit tone down my life place it safe and careful but decided not to or let it live my life for me, my life carries on as if nothing has ever happened to me bad
    going in to the hospital in a few weeks for a full run down of tests that I don't even know the slightest thing about, fears overcome me about the what ifs, but I slap myself right away and remind myself none of it matters
    only thing I do is pray that I make it to 55 before they pull out the grinder open me up again
    Right on, Fred. Fingers crossed for your run down too.