I've had some Bacon's since the start of last season. I thought they may be the answer to a fun DD.

What I like: They seem to really punch above their width in powder. I've been really impressed when they've been pressed into soft snow duty. They've been the ski I grab for toad trips where conditions are variable. Carving: They're a lot of fun on groomed soft snow. They really turn well and feel like you can press them pretty hard for what they are.

What I dont like: They hate speed when the snow isn't soft. They walk all over the place under my feet when they're flat. Enough to where it just feels goofy. I've never really had another ski do that. They just don't track straight when flat. Moguls/trees: there's a lot of tail back there at factory mount point. They feel like a lot of work to move through quick turns in firmer snow.

Anybody else have ride time on them? Thoughts? I've been eyeing the QST106 or Blanks as a DD/travel ski. Rob my Pivot's off of the Bacon's. Every time I get close to pulling the trigger a storm comes along and I have a blast on the Bacon's.