School Me on SLC Resorts

Road Tripping through SLC over new years with my friend. We both have full Ikon passes. She boards, so Deer Valley and Alta are out. Never been skiing in Utah before. Advanced-expert riders, praying for pow.

So deciding between Solitude, Brighton, Snowbird, and Snowbasin. We will be staying near downtown SLC.

Skiing both the 31st and 1st.

Curious if anyone has input on which resorts might be less crowded? All are blacked out NYE, so that should help a bit. Snowbasin is only on the "Ikon Plus Pass" and Full Ikon Pass, so thinking that might be the best bet on the 1st to avoid crowds when there are no blackout restrictions on the other resorts?

For the 31st, thinking Snowbird since it might have better terrain? Solitude seems nice too.

Any input appreciated. If there are any big discrepancies in snow totals we'll obviously follow the snow.

I'm also going back to Deer Valley a month later, if any mags might be down to ski on Sunday Jan 29th hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Road Tripping through SLC over new years with my friend. We both have full Ikon passes. She boards, so Deer Valley and Alta are out. Never been skiing in Utah before. Advanced-expert riders, praying for pow.

So deciding between Solitude, Brighton, Snowbird, and Snowbasin. We will be staying near downtown SLC.

Skiing both the 31st and 1st.

Curious if anyone has input on which resorts might be less crowded? All are blacked out NYE, so that should help a bit. Snowbasin is only on the "Ikon Plus Pass" and Full Ikon Pass, so thinking that might be the best bet on the 1st to avoid crowds when there are no blackout restrictions on the other resorts?

For the 31st, thinking Snowbird since it might have better terrain? Solitude seems nice too.

Any input appreciated. If there are any big discrepancies in snow totals we'll obviously follow the snow.

I'm also going back to Deer Valley a month later, if any mags might be down to ski on Sunday Jan 29th hit me up.
    Honestly Basin and Snowbird are the best choices, with Basin being the less crowded and the bird being the better of the two. If I was around I would show you Basin, but I'm back in Chicago on the 29th.

Have fun!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Wait, I think I missed the fact that ikon gets us snowbasin this year? Damn gonna have to get m’ass up there at some point for a taste of old earl’s goods. It’s been a good while.

+1 on a day at Basin and a day at the Bird. It will be busy, but that's just part of the deal.

Thank you for sharing this

Enjoy Deer Valley, get over to Solitude

Thanks

Thanks for sharing