Beaver Creek flats

Who has a burning desire to help a maggot with some beta on how to avoid long skates with my kids and one foot in my snowboard at teh beav? I'm taking those two fuckers plus my wife and kool inlaws this season.

The kids and ladies all two plank, they can skate. My steezy bro-in-law (who is also a near journeyman carpenter/DIYer and push your shit in golfer, solid score as far as family 'I chose') and I don't like MRG, Alta and Deer Valley OR long skates above 6'k.

Note to the trip planning file: this will mark the fourth (4th) season in a row that I've been shredding colorado via FILTHY dirt cheap flights out of easy convenient BWI Thurgood Marshall. Get after it. One day I swear I'll post a TR.

Take Chair 9 out of Redtail to avoid the Dally Downhill

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla Gorilla View Post
    Who has a burning desire to help a maggot with some beta on how to avoid long skates with my kids and one foot in my snowboard at teh beav? I'm taking those two fuckers plus my wife and kool inlaws this season.

The kids and ladies all two plank, they can skate. My steezy bro-in-law (who is also a near journeyman carpenter/DIYer and push your shit in golfer, solid score as far as family 'I chose') and I don't like MRG, Alta and Deer Valley OR long skates above 6'k.

Note to the trip planning file: this will mark the fourth (4th) season in a row that I've been shredding colorado via FILTHY dirt cheap flights out of easy convenient BWI Thurgood Marshall. Get after it. One day I swear I'll post a TR.
    Pretty very easy actually. Just don't traverse to BG or Arrowhead. The rest is pure fall line. It's not fail. The beav is the best snowboard resort in Colorado. Prove me wrong. Or sack up, hit the trees and shacks and hit all the log rails, then tell me again.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Pretty very easy actually. Just don't traverse to BG or Arrowhead. The rest is pure fall line. It's not fail. The beav is the best snowboard resort in Colorado. Prove me wrong. Or sack up, hit the trees and shacks and hit all the log rails, then tell me again.
    Eh yo. The shacks and log rides are all gone. This isn't 2005 anymore old man. Fucking A those were the best days. Fuck Vail Resorts, Facebook and social media but then again it all pushed us to leave the resorts and go backcountry full time. I do miss those tree runs and empty lifts though.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Eh yo. The shacks and log rides are all gone. This isn't 2005 anymore old man. Fucking A those were the best days. Fuck Vail Resorts, Facebook and social media but then again it all pushed us to leave the resorts and go backcountry full time. I do miss those tree runs and empty lifts though.
    I beg to differ. But IKON all the way. Most of the kids rebuilding that legacy were barely born in 2005, but they are hungry and very motivated. Trust me.

I had a memorable storm cycle lapping refills on grouse mountain. there is a long traverse out of that to keep the heel side scrape-it-all-off snowboarders out.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I had a memorable storm cycle lapping refills on grouse mountain. there is a long traverse out of that to keep the heel side scrape-it-all-off snowboarders out.
    It's not like we're telling him to take the knuckledraggers to such horrific places:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ld-Spot-(Beav)

I beg to differ. But IKON all the way. Most of the kids rebuilding that legacy were barely born in 2005, but they are hungry and very motivated. Trust me.

I put my hopes and dreams in those kids then. The torch has been passed.

I put my hopes and dreams in those kids then. The torch has been passed.
    It really has, and it's inspiring. The shit they are building and sending on the reg is nothing short of .... ooof, I wouldn't even try that. So all good on that front. The underground comps are still alive too. And the shacks, well, what shacks? Willis? You can burn a village, but if you got a shitton of pissed off underpaid overworked employees, and a massively underfunded federal budget, well, like weed(s), it grows back thicker. GO ICON! WAREAGLE!

Nail on the head. I did IT work on mountain at Beav on a board for a year and never had to skate. Prob the most underrated mountain in Summit/Eagle.

Been a few years but I don’t think they’re all gone. Certainly were there long past 2005.

Big thanks to the sagely sages.

The landlady reports that McCoy Park flattens like Kansas and requires clicking out to get to the lift. The Youtube machine seems to indicate nothing of the sort.

What say you, "gentlemen"?

Note to file: if I spot some grays on trays hiding in the sticks, grinding trees then I'll make my kids watch me shotgun a beer before burning a physical NYSE:MTN equity certificate #solidarity

McCoy as a whole is very flat but I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone click out. It’s essentially a low angle green bowl. I’d imagine it’s a very safe feeling introduction to off-piste skiing for newer skiers.

I'm on team "nothing of the sort".

I'm on team "nothing of the sort".
    My favorite team.