Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FS: 2006 Lexus LX470 in Boulder, CO

[SOLD] Selling my 06 LX. Currently at 208k. Mag price $19,000. Truck is a beast. So reliable. It was my daily until 2 months ago. Awesome Colorado mountain vehicle. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0093.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	769.8 KB 
ID:	437123

Mechanically the truck is baselined and cosmetically is super clean. 70+ service records, most at Lexus dealerships.

I've spent $10K in maintenance and upgrades since buying in 2019: OEM spark plugs, all drivetrain fluids, OEM radiator and hoses, OEM CVs, DBA T3 front rotors/pads, OE rear pads, X2 battery, OEM timing belt/water pump/thermostat. AHC suspension is fully functional.

Added TJM T17 front bumper with Rigid fogs and Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers, BFG KO2 275/70/18 tires (6/32” remaining), 3 speakers including rear sub re-foamed, WeatherTech mats front/rear/trunk, YotaMD key fob, lots of other small stuff.

It’s been in two minor accidents. One was in 2020; I rear-ended another vehicle at idle speed and cracked the front bumper cover, which I have since replaced with the TJM. The other was in 2018 prior to my ownership, rear bumper (according to the CarFax).

A few small issues: overhead dome light not working, nav DVD reader is broken, two TPMS sensors are dead (I’ll fix those before sale).

I can send VIN, service history, a video walkthrough, whatever you need. It's a great vehicle. I'm selling to save for a 200 series. Clean Colorado title in my name.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/R4EZHrx22g4PJsGq9
    Last edited by ski-wpk; 12-24-2022 at 01:36 PM.

I have a 2006 Sequoia LTD, super similar rig. I love mine, it is a beast.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Same engine, same reliability. Hate to sell but it’s time.

Nice truck. Everyone should own a LC/LX at some point to see what it's about.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Nice truck. Everyone should own a LC/LX at some point to see what it's about.
    I don't think 19k is going to get me to see what it's all about. I got a 80 series for $5400 8 years ago and wasn't really that impressed other than it kept running slowly with a ton of weight by itself, completely under powered, and shitty gas mileage. Honestly, and no offense to the OP, but fuck that shit.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I don't think 19k is going to get me to see what it's all about. I got a 80 series for $5400 8 years ago and wasn't really that impressed other than it kept running slowly.
    That's part of the lesson. The slow 80 is keeping my wife from getting speeding tickets but the gas bill evens it out.

That's part of the lesson. The slow 80 is keeping my wife from getting speeding tickets but the gas bill evens it out.
    Username checks out.

you speak truth.....

Quote Originally Posted by PNWcement View Post
    you speak truth.....
    Username also checks out.

Not condemning. Buy the $19k 200+k wannabe overlander whole foods rig with rigid LED's and a aussie winch bumper. It will save you moneies I suppose.

Or ... will it? Maybe it will? Maybe? Or just get her a FJ40 and at least you have one tractor that does its job, and you can save the rest for real sammie toppings.

I don't debate the silliness. Otherwise I would point out the crazy value of a two door off-road truck that has a horrible interior, terrible blind spots, and awful gas mileage. The FJ cruiser with its own cult following.

Anyway the OP is a good dude and GLWS

I don't debate the silliness. Otherwise I would point out the crazy value of a two door off-road truck that has a horrible interior, terrible blind spots, and awful gas mileage. The FJ cruiser with its own cult following.

Anyway the OP is a good dude and GLWS
    I don't doubt that one bit, and he has proven to be. But, I said FJ40. Not all FJ's are alike. Nor are BJ's for that matter. I'll take a BJ over an FJ any day of the week if you know what I'm sayin'.

Wow, why the hate? Truck is awesome and will drive at least another 100-200k miles. Gets me anywhere I need to go at a fraction of the cost of anything newer but equally capable. Prices have dropped significantly on 100 series lately, hence the sub-$20k price. I turned down a $26.5k offer 6 months ago, wasn’t ready to sell then. My loss your gain.

At 19k it better include a 3rd row full of weed

If it doesn’t it’s clearly already been smoked by the OP

This is the cleanest 200k+ vehicle I've seen in a long time. Looks really nice.

Side note: Car Wizard did a review of the ‘08 GX470 this week.

https://youtu.be/6SMIxEAkqtc
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Lots of clean GXs and LXs out there. I found mine as a creampuff trade-in in Orlando and shipped it to Colorado. Previous owner serviced it at Lexus dealerships nearly every 5,000 miles.

GLWS. I'm sure you'll get it. This is not the place where you will though. No hard feelings, besides wtf would you sell a lifetime vehicle anyway.

Just saying. You either ride that unicorn for life, or chase some rainbow that doesn't exist. Choose your own drug of fancy.

Seems $3-4K too expensive compared to KBB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Nice ride.
    You paid too much.
    You’re asking too much.

Such is the trg life.

BAT
    Let it go. For big money.

PS. $10k since 2019. On maintenance and upgrades. Seriously. No. Cars are a passion or a lesson.

Amusing thread and nice looking truck which is well beyond my means.

I will add: don’t fucking ever say again the phrase “your loss my gain”.

I had a fabulous old 83 fj60 finished in metallic brown over tan cloth interior. It was quite a specimen. Interchangeably known as the brown beast or the brown bastard, depending on the circumstances, it provided reliable, albeit rather spartan, conveyance to many a trailhead until I rolled it off a highway embankment during a spring snow storm. If you're planning on being upside down in your vehicle anytime soon then I can't recommend a landcruiser enough. When I see what they're going for these days it definitely reminds me fondly of hollering at it at in the garage.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

If you think mine is expensive, don’t follow this Jacksonville dealer - $30k for a 1999 model year.

https://www.kingschariot.com/invento...ckings_chariot

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    If you think mine is expensive, don’t follow this Jacksonville dealer - $30k for a 1999 model year.

https://www.kingschariot.com/invento...ckings_chariot

theres a reason it’s still for sale. He’s smoking better weed then you are.

“nice looking truck”

”nice truck”

Where’s the truck? Its a SUV.

OP, you giving away a free jug of lube for that 19k ass fucking or you just run it dry?

a 30 second google reveals tons of those things for sale for 12-14k with 75k less mileage, I guess a bumper and some lights drive up the value on the other side of the country

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=335232018

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=321169486

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=316315243

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=344762839

you could fly from Boulder, land of inflation, buy that, drive it back, spend less and have way less mileage.

but then again, you won’t get this two accident hot rod with some spaced out wheels, a bumper, and some wanna be Baja designs lights.

SoVT, would be more helpful if your links were for the same model that I’m selling. But hey, good to know GXs are selling for less than LXs. I bet Corollas are also selling for less.

Lol what an idiot. It's a station wagon

https://global.toyota/en/mobility/to...ion-wagon.html