Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FS: 2006 Lexus LX470 in Boulder, CO

I get the price policing that happens around this place, but damn, lots of dogpiling going on. It's not like OP is forcing anybody to buy his rig. These Toyotas/Lexus have something of a cult following and this rig might be just what somebody is looking for without you lot shitting all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by juanrogera View Post
    I get the price policing that happens around this place, but damn, lots of dogpiling going on. It's not like OP is forcing anybody to buy his rig. These Toyotas/Lexus have something of a cult following and this rig might be just what somebody is looking for without you lot shitting all over the place.
    Agreed. LX470 is the Lexus equivalent of a LC200. If OP has service records then 19k is not a terrible price. GLWS OP, I’m sure you’ll get it. Especially in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    a 30 second google reveals tons of those things for sale for 12-14k with 75k less mileage, I guess a bumper and some lights drive up the value on the other side of the country

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=335232018

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=321169486

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=316315243

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=344762839

you could fly from Boulder, land of inflation, buy that, drive it back, spend less and have way less mileage.

but then again, you won’t get this two accident hot rod with some spaced out wheels, a bumper, and some wanna be Baja designs lights.
    Wrong model, but still - having grown up in New England I would gladly pay more to have a car that wasn't from New England. It'll cost you more in the long run to deal with the inevitable rust that a New England car has. And Toyotas already have rust issues.

Stop. cunting. up. this. thread.

Price is in the ballpark for the model, condition and CO market. If you're not shopping LC's right now then you're not aware this is a $20k car to the right buyer. I've seen wayyyy worse LC/GX's around here for $20-25k.

FS: 2006 Lexus LX470 in Boulder, CO

Last clean, baselined, no rust example I saw was a 2005 with 239k miles for $19,500. I’m in the ballpark and if any mag buyers are out there who are interested, DM me with questions or make me an offer. I’m open to anything reasonable.

Buyers of 100 series can be picky and I have a lot more detail I can share including 70+ service records and a maintenance/build sheet. This thing runs well and will continue to run well for another decade with basic care and feeding.

Very cool car, I've always been intrigued. But for me the reality is I barely get past the pavement, I have one car, and the gas mileage sucks on these. So it never really makes sense for me...maybe one day if I'm rich with 4-car garage this could see the inside of one of those bays.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Stop. cunting. up. this. thread.
    With all due respect I fall into the camp of more bumps=more visibility…esp w a boutique product like this, more awareness will help sell the thing for OP.

Plus it’s fucking entertaining, is it not? YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Price is in the ballpark for the model, condition and CO market. If you're not shopping LC's right now then you're not aware this is a $20k car to the right buyer. I've seen wayyyy worse LC/GX's around here for $20-25k.
    Yup. I wouldn't buy an 18yo anything with 200k+ for $20k but someone definitely will.

Quote Originally Posted by juanrogera View Post
    100% I get it on overpriced jong skis, but I think you let the other shit go.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Plus it’s fucking entertaining, is it not? YMMV
    That being said, there is this...
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

ski-wpk has always been pretty chill in these parts from my perspective. Don’t like his price? Don’t buy or shoot him an offer. I don’t think he is trying to rip anyone off. Deal will likely be local so you know where to find him when the axle falls off.
    Uno mas

I’m finding this entertaining, assuming someone buys.

Definitely not trying to rip anyone off. I’m good for it if there are issues or surprises.

It’s a solid vehicle that I’ve put a lot of time and money in to give me piece of mind when driving anywhere. It’s gotten me and my kids to some remote parts of Colorado, handled classic Moab trails with ease, and has been my go-to for cross-country trips to the east coast. I’m saving for a 200-series, otherwise would hang onto this until my son gets his license in 2034. It will for sure still be running.

Put it on Craigslist. I looked and there are similar trucks for less $$ but they are questionable condition. Worth the $5. I sell vehicles in 24 hours usually

Quote Originally Posted by goCougs View Post
    Agreed. LX470 is the Lexus equivalent of a LC200. If OP has service records then 19k is not a terrible price. GLWS OP, I’m sure you’ll get it. Especially in Colorado.
    No it's not. The 470 is a 100 series with dumb headlights and AHC which can be a problem. But a 100 series nonetheless. Cool car and the pricing is fair if this is the kind of vehicle one is looking for. But to each their own...I'm an 80s bro. Talk to me about f'd up pricing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

The LX is a good vehicle to take into the future as a companion to an EV. Diehard engine, sharp classic looks, Toyota heritage. Roadtrip king.
    I’ve sold 4 vehicles in the last 1.5 years and the one I recently sold took longer than the other 3 combined. The market is deflating fast and demand simply isn’t what it was. It’s more important than ever to price it right. The market is dropping weekly.
    I’d be willing to guess that the OP is now wanting the 200 because the prices are coming back to earth. Well, that’s relative to his current vehicle as well.
    We’ve got a first gen Tundra now with this engine - in unicorn condition. Bought new by my late father who was meticulous, garage kept, and rarely saw a winter mountain pass or off-road. 130k miles and body strait as an arrow. Cheap truck that will accompany our upcoming spendy EV. We’ll keep it forever.

Never change TGR

Great trucks. Post on Mudd or CL out west.

Honestly, $19k for one of these isn't out of line at all. I'd never pay that, but someone will. No reason to chastise the seller. The market for used/classic Toyotas is crazy. I saw a guy asking $20k for a '98 Taco with low miles! Insane! And it sold in a week. I bought one just like it in '06 for $10k.

Number one thing that takes these vehicles down is rust. If it has none, it is a unicorn and should be treated as such.

This would have fetched $18-19k in a heartbeat last year in Colorado. Used market (and general economic sentiment) is a little different now.

I can see why some midwest posters throw shade as they have never shopped the Colorado market for a big 4x4. Everything sells out here at a $2-3k premium compared to to other parts of the country.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    No it's not. The 470 is a 100 series with dumb headlights and AHC which can be a problem. But a 100 series nonetheless. Cool car and the pricing is fair if this is the kind of vehicle one is looking for. But to each their own...I'm an 80s bro. Talk to me about f'd up pricing...
    Whoops you’re right. An 80 would be rad

No AHC problem on mine. Fully functional. Love that I can lift the truck a couple inches while off-road, drop it back down for highway driving, then drop it further to get into the garage.

For anyone interested, this LX sold over ask to a local buyer. A well-sorted, no rust 2006 with 209,111 miles. $20,500.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    For anyone interested, this LX sold over ask to a local buyer. A well-sorted, no rust 2006 with 209,111 miles. $20,500.
    boulder never ceases to surprise me

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Congrats! No rust is a huge plus on one of these. What did you buy with the proceeds? A pallet of kombucha? Haha.

Yeah dude! Congrats!