Is there anywhere to buy just the gripwalk plastic toe plates for pivot 15/18 toes?

I did a quick google and found nothing. I’ve got a couple pairs of regular old alpine pivot 18s I’d like to convert to gripwalk

You can trade your alpine ones with me

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    I did a quick google and found nothing. I’ve got a couple pairs of regular old alpine pivot 18s I’d like to convert to gripwalk
    Check out this thread post.

If your Pivots are older, the GW plates won't be compatible.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Check out this thread post.

If your Pivots are older, the GW plates won't be compatible.
    I didn’t see anything in that whole thread about pivot 15 and 18 having issues, only the 12/14. Where exactly are you seeing that?

The metal plate/toe piece look identical in every way between my standard DIN and Gripwalk 18s, it’s just the AFD difference.

Is there anywhere to buy just the gripwalk plastic toe plates for pivot 15/18 toes?

I didn’t see anything in that whole thread about pivot 15 and 18 having issues, only the 12/14. Where exactly are you seeing that?

The metal plate/toe piece look identical in every way between my standard DIN and Gripwalk 18s, it’s just the AFD difference.
    From the Rossi contact after I sent pictures of my sets and after trying it out. A pair of my Pivots were too old and not compatible (10 years or more IIRC). If yours are more recent, (and maybe 15s and 18s) then you might be fine.

The main intend was to pass along contact and other posted info.

Sent via iPhone
    Slidewright.com
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

From the Rossi contact after I sent pictures of my sets and after trying it out. A pair of my Pivots were too old and not compatible (10 years or more IIRC). If yours are more recent, (and maybe 15s and 18s) then you might be fine.

The main intend was to pass along contact and other posted info.

Sent via iPhone
    Slidewright.com
    Alright cool, all of mine are fairly new, maybe 4-5 years old max

15s/18s can be converted; 12s/14s can't.

If your 15s/18s are old you'll need to do a little trimming of the AFDs to fit but it's an easy DIY with a razor blade.

I've got a couple sets of 15/18 GW AFDs (and the requisite screws — they're longer than the alpine ones) that I'd swap for the alpine versions.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post

If your 15s/18s are old you'll need to do a little trimming of the AFDs to fit but it's an easy DIY with a razor blade.

I've got a couple sets of 15/18 GW AFDs (and the requisite screws — they're longer than the alpine ones) that I'd swap for the alpine versions.
    DM on the way

FYI. On my old set of Rossi 155’s the base of the post was a different thickness than the newer ones. This would put the new AFD at the wrong height with respect to the toe. I swapped a complete new post and GW afd and all was good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Still after 1 pair now.

Still after 1 pair now.
    At the moment, I'm not seeing the need to hang onto the other Pivot GW AFD I ordered from Rossi. The used WTR AFDs which are GW compatible are also just sitting here, along with 115mm brakes.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

At the moment, I'm not seeing the need to hang onto the other Pivot GW AFD I ordered from Rossi. The used WTR AFDs which are GW compatible are also just sitting here, along with 115mm brakes.
    Those are for 12s/14s, right? Totally different from the 15/18s that we're talking about.

Those are for 12s/14s, right? Totally different from the 15/18s that we're talking about.
    Yes, thanks for the reminder, again (Going in way too many directions....) Confusingly, the chart from the manual seems to indicate the FCHF004 AFDs are for 'all' and doesn't differentiate. The email I got from Rossi did say 'Pivot 12/14 GW AFD FCHF004 '. They only cost $8 + shipping. For anyone else searching, contacting Rossi and telling them what you have may be your best course of action to get it right. They were very helpful:

https://www.rossignol.com/us/contactus/

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 10.31.41 AM.png
Views: 612
Size:  115.7 KB
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    I think I got their last set. They arrived yesterday.

For sale: Pivot GW toe plates - $1,000,000

We have a mag selling posts with GW plates. Not ideal but if you really want them…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I might have what I need

Hey man, we actually do have plenty of 15/18 (and 14 for that matter) GW AFDs for Pivots here at SlopeStyle.

If the website is saying they are unavailable, feel free to give us a call at 970-547-4417 and you can place the order over the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyTru View Post
    Hey man, we actually do have plenty of 15/18 (and 14 for that matter) GW AFDs for Pivots here at SlopeStyle.

If the website is saying they are unavailable, feel free to give us a call at 970-547-4417 and you can place the order over the phone.
    Thanks matty

Pivot 14 AFD GW plate

Yes, thanks for the reminder, again (Going in way too many directions....) Confusingly, the chart from the manual seems to indicate the FCHF004 AFDs are for 'all' and doesn't differentiate. The email I got from Rossi did say 'Pivot 12/14 GW AFD FCHF004 '. They only cost $8 + shipping. For anyone else searching, contacting Rossi and telling them what you have may be your best course of action to get it right. They were very helpful:

https://www.rossignol.com/us/contactus/

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 10.31.41 AM.png
Views: 612
Size:  115.7 KB
    Just to verify the GW FCFHOO4 plates would not work with a Pivot 14 circa 2010? I know you explicitly stated it in a prior post but the one above made me wonder. I can also try the look/rossi service number or get lange 5355 soles and ditch the mushy GW interface.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16846852858452054100999369102953.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	459615 I think I got this from Sierra Jim in 2010.
    Set waves, powder days