Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTF is up with Evo?

I placed a fairly simple order, though large, on Thanksgiving. I didn't expect it to ship until after the holiday. It's now getting close to 2 weeks since the order and it still says pending. I tried to call the number and they said they are so backed up that they shut off their phones (this is at just after Noon). I tried to use the chat feature, but it's fully automated and no help. Email help says response is 5-6 days. Basically I have an order that's in limbo and I can't figure out what's going on and the company is effectively giving me the middle finger.

I thought these guys were trying to be the new REI. I've seen plenty of bad customer service, but for a company that is trying to hold themselves out as a great new model this is some of the worst customer service I've seen. Especially during a time of heavy shopping for presents. Not sure I would trust them with anything I needed for the holidays.

There's always Neptune Mountaineering.

Many retailers do not have items in stock but they will gladly take your money and let you wait.
    Last edited by SB; 12-05-2022 at 06:07 PM.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Just stay away from the sarcastic remarks.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This should probably be asked in the first world problems thread, doesn’t merit a thread of it’s own

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What did they have that your local retailer didn't have?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

It's not just Evo. I ordered a jacket for my daughter direct from Marmot 8 days ago. A few minutes later, discovered that my ex had also ordered the jacket, so I tried to cancel the order maybe 10 minutes after ordering. Since it was a Sunday, I couldn't call, but sent an email asking to cancel the order. On Monday, I called and was on hold for 35 minutes. Finally got a live person, someone from India it seems, and they told me that the order can only be canceled in the first 30 minutes, after that it is in their shipping queue and cannot be canceled. Of course, there was no way to cancel within 30 minutes since it was a Sunday, but... Anyway, he tells me that the only option I have is to refuse the shipment/return it upon receipt. Which seems horribly inefficient but whatever.

Here it is now, 7 days after that phone call to India, and the order that couldn't be canceled because it was in their shipping queue is still "processing" with no additional info. And I never received a response to my email from 8 days ago either.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Same with Lowes. Ordered a nailer because, of all the places that had it available, Lowes said they'd get it to me the quickest. A week after it was supposed to arrive, the thing still hadn't shipped. It was at least easy to cancel the order though.

I'm assuming it's just tough to fill warehouse positions these days. Everyone seems understaffed.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    What did they have that your local retailer didn't have?
    Lange XT3 LV 130 for $430 in a 29.5. Plus they are a local retailer, just didn't have them in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'm assuming it's just tough to fill warehouse positions these days. Everyone seems understaffed.
    That is what I thought after EVO confused me by sending 1 of 2 base layers ordered a week ago. The second showed up 2 days later. No bigger, but as the OP mentioned forget about any customer service as I guess they have minimal employees for whatever reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I returned an order to them last week at the new SLC store. First order was in limbo for a week, I chatted with a bot and a person emailed me that the package was lost and they were overnighting me a replacement. Sure enough both packages arrived the same day so I figured I'd return the duplicate stuff to the local place. The new location is bonkers. It's the same size as an REI, everything brand new in an old warehouse store of sorts, and a whole bunch of associates walking about. They should move a few of them to answering the phone it seems.
    Gal I spoke with did mention that Thanksgiving and shipping issues were fucking up their program and the phones were ringing non stop...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Got me Armada binders quickly after order

No business can staff themselves based on the extreme holiday ordering period. However, they eff themselves by running sales over a short period of time, especially when there is normally a 4 day shut down - Thanksgiving weekend. Run the sale earlier - take the pressure off. I'm sure that customers, employees, and eventually stock holders would benefit from a more orderly process.

The inability to cancel orders is about the dumbest thing imaginable, but Amazon can do it, why not everyone else?

Ordered two items 11/28, shipped from two different WA addresses 12/1 and both are in Windsor CT today with an expected 12/8 delivery.
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 12-05-2022 at 04:42 PM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Places outgrow their ability to service the reason they got big in the first place.

On a cheerier note, I ordered some brakes from a place in Ogden, UT but realized 10 minutes later that I ordered the wrong ones. I jumped on the phone. Guy that answered was like, "sure, I'm the guy that handles this." It was fixed in seconds. He had me wait on the phone until I got the cancellation email...took maybe 45 seconds all in. Sadly, they didn't have what I needed so I couldn't order from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    The inability to cancel orders is about the dumbest thing imaginable, but Amazon can do it, why not everyone else?
    Right? Especially when you're, ya know, not actually shipping the item for many many days.

My daughter ordered new boots from Bob Leisure. Arrived in Utah, from Germany, in under 3 days and were $200 cheaper then then the local mega sports store. Good thing she already knew what she wanted because both provided the same amount of knowledge and customer service, none.
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

Well this is timely as I was just about to order a ski bag from them. I see their website says shipping has been updated to reflect current processing times. Standard ground placed today is expected to arrive by 12/16.
    I still call it The Jake.

EVO always sucked, nothing changed.

Many retailers don't even have their own warehouse or very limited warehouse supply and dropship everything beyond the small quantity they held. There's a decent chance it's not Evo you're waiting on, but a distribution center for Rossignol or something as Evo likely ran out.

Homedepot.com is really bad about this as well.

Meanwhile I ordered some brakes from Telemark Pyrenees and they got here faster than my last Amazon Prime order despite coming from Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Amazon spends over 40 billion on R&D every year, might be able to do a little more in supply chain automation than a relatively small chain of ski shops.

Not super thrilled about their new store coming to Tahoe City but their orders have always been good to me in the past. Looks like their hitting the growth wall now

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Lol! Hilarious!

No comment on Evo (they've served me well in the past), but last month I ordered some skin glue and an alpine harness from Black Diamond, and UPS basically disappeared the package on the day it was scheduled for delivery. I waited a week or two, then contacted BD and they rushed me a replacement in 2 days. Thumbs up!

Don't get me started about my recent Lenovo experience though. Too OT, but suffice to say, great laptop, unbelievably bad customer service.