How Will You Celebrate Fishmas This Year?

Note this holiday is spelled "fish" and not "fist."

Instead of stopping at buying a selection of flies, I channeled my inner Ski Fish Bum and bought a new flyrod and reel.

How are you going to celebrate fishmas this year?

Buy whatever Sophie is offering

Finally replaced the broken tip section of my 6 wt.
    Montani Semper Liberi

We opened up an early present tonight, I opened what I knew I was getting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3AE3F293-FAA3-4A1F-AF62-CBBBC3872C90.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	562.2 KB 
ID:	438692

Fishpond Nomad boat net, pretty excited to put it in the boat next spring.

Got the oldest waders, a set of Chotas and a beginner fly rod set up.

Got the youngest an Echo Gecko.

Name:	40044BA3-395F-4573-8699-810D1F2A02E8.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	805.8 KB 
ID:	439946

I got a personally signed book that my uncle did the artwork for.

Name:	B8967F8E-E64E-445E-A02F-869C3AAA4C87.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	748.1 KB 
ID:	439947

Name:	173766A1-3253-4875-8D83-6DA06BE561ED.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	621.8 KB 
ID:	439949

Got a few dry bags, throw bag and a fishing vest.

Name:	FFFCCA5A-9EE1-434A-8305-EC4D6EB14E84.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	725.4 KB 
ID:	439950

Got some cash as well, perusing on-line fly stores, stocking up the boxes…

I bought myself that book too. 2 chapters in. I’ll pay more attention to the artwork now.

I bought a new sling pack since my 10 year old chest pack is falling apart.

Fishmas for us is Jan 1, when all of our local tailwaters open back up after the salmon spawn. I've got my egg patterns ready for Sunday!

Got my mom (75) her first fly rod and reel and a box of flies.

I got a nice 10' 3wt to replace the cheap, used one I picked up last summer. That cheap rod turned put to be extremely useful for the boulder strewn waters I tend to fish, but it sucked for dry flies and weighed a ton. The new one is terrific.

We went fishing on Tuesday afternoon when there were 60 mph gusts. When the wind picked up it was enough to bend our rods like there was a solid fish on the end. We tucked in a bend in the river where where a high bank provided some nice cover and caught a few fish. She had fun. Tough old lady.

Fishmas carries on here. Had some Christmas cash leftover that I was planning on spending for a surround sound set up for the garage TV. Decided to say fuck that shit.

Ordered a 9’6” Sage Sonic 7wt along with an Orvis Hydros reel loaded with a Bank Shot sink tip. I’ve wanted a decent streamer set up for a while, this will help me throw bigger stuff into the wind.

Grabbed a bunch of flies from Redd’s fly shop using the “huge” promo, gnats, ants, bwos, and a couple white rusty trombones. When ordering the rod I couldn’t help myself and added 9 chubby chernobyls. My fly boxes are going to be fat by 4/20.

There is twelve days of Fishmas so keep it going to January 6th the day that the three wise men brought a rod, reel and hand tied flies to present to the child.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Fishmas carries on here. Had some Christmas cash leftover that I was planning on spending for a surround sound set up for the garage TV. Decided to say fuck that shit.

Ordered a 9’6” Sage Sonic 7wt along with an Orvis Hydros reel loaded with a Bank Shot sink tip. I’ve wanted a decent streamer set up for a while, this will help me throw bigger stuff into the wind.

Grabbed a bunch of flies from Redd’s fly shop using the “huge” promo, gnats, ants, bwos, and a couple white rusty trombones. When ordering the rod I couldn’t help myself and added 9 chubby chernobyls. My fly boxes are going to be fat by 4/20.

I upgraded my streamer rod. Picked up a 9ft 7wt. Big Y Fly Co. The Boss, an underrated budget rod.

It’s not the sixth yet so I’ve been busy ordering shit. After a few glasses of wine I usually find myself perusing the internet, ordering way too much stuff.

Got two sets of warm/waterproof clothing, two pairs of wool gloves, tarp, paracord, three pack of polarized sunglasses, all packed away in a dry bag to serve as an emergency/I forgot bag for the boat. Grabbed a stream machine for a bilge pump.

Needed a boat bag so I ordered a nice one from Fishpond, fits all my shit with some room to spare.

Name:	2D5982E4-53B2-4F6A-9B3D-73CC993BE7E9.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	441249

Nice Bob! I’m looking forward to checking out your new rig. I picked up a new 11 weight for my salt water addiction. Now I have an 11 weight with floating line and can keep my 12 weight rigged with sinking line. Bring on tarpon season!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I picked up a new 11 weight for my salt water addiction. Now I have an 11 weight with floating line and can keep my 12 weight rigged with sinking line. Bring on MUSKY season!!
    FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters