Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Big Mountain Powder Chargers - Heritage Lab C113 and FL113 - Dedicated Thread

Designed to be powder snow rocket ships. Ideal for everyday backcountry use. With final samples arriving, and by popular demand, making a dedicated thread.

Rocker
    - These are soft snow directional chargers to rule all snow types.
    - Designed for ultra-smooth pivot and drift, enough planning to pop up in the woods with modest speeds
    - Very stable tail that gives you energy out of every turn.
    - The Freeride build will arrive dead flat to ever so slightly reverse camber.
    - The Carbon build has <4mm combined/unweighted camber and <1mm of camber flat w/ski weight.

Flex Pattern
    - Designed to charge but never beat you up.
    - Striking the right balance between blasting through chop and variable, extra smooth off-edge, and never seeing a speed limit

Construction
    - The carbon build will feel like trampolines on your feet. Quick, lively, and incredibly smooth.
    - The freeride build will feel like battleships on your feet. Surfy, quick to pivot, and chop destroyers.

Skis on order are expected to ship by Jan 15th, and there are a few pairs remaining on most shapes.
    Eager to hear everyone's thoughts and questions! Happy to post any more details folks might be after.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT IN MAKING THIS CRAZY IDEA REAL.

I personally can't wait to make the C113 my everyday BC ski, and use the FL113 for high speed inbounds days!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 11.04.30 AM.png 
Views:	337 
Size:	433.1 KB 
ID:	436367   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 11.04.53 AM.png 
Views:	360 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	436368  

Subscribing as the C113 sounds just about perfect for a touring ski. Curious on weights.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Subscribing as the C113 sounds just about perfect for a touring ski. Curious on weights.
    you bet! 187 C113 should be ~1750g. The 194 I have here measured <1850g average.

The rocker/camber profile came out extremely similar to the first gen SD105 from Down, which is a very,very good thing.

Those graphics probably look even better irl, so cannot wait.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

C113 looks like the ultimate DD tour stick. Subscribing

Big Mountain Powder Chargers - Heritage Lab C113 and FL113 - Dedicated Thread

I could be convinced on the FL113. I do like a fat in bounds ski. The charging aspect and not beating me up has REAL appeal right now.
    Last edited by Stuntmonkey; 12-02-2022 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    C113 looks like the ultimate DD tour stick. Subscribing
    It's certainly mine! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    I could be convinced on the FL113. I do like a fat in bounds ski. The charging aspect and not beating me up has REAL appeal right now.
    Make windbuff, zipper crust, and refrozen great again.

A ski that can SG down hanging bowl in the Mano and still pivot in gun tower trees. I’m psyched

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

In the future a +1cm FL113 would fill a real sweet spot I think....FL123 even has a nice ring to it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Loving the weight on the C113!

Get those things mounted and tell us what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    In the future a +1cm FL113 would fill a real sweet spot I think....FL123 even has a nice ring to it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    yeah man! +1 and -1 versions coming to a preorder near you. But not wanting to unpack new ideas until we get the skis already on order delivered to everyone!!!

Marshal what are we thinking on the mount points here? I cant seem to remember.

Excited to get on both sizes of the fl113

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post

Right around -11 (+/-5mm) as designed, but wouldn't be wrong,afaic, to mount them -10 either. Drawn to point,shoot and pivot.

Caveat: I, as most of you, have yet to hold and flex them.

Btw; you ordered both lengths in the FL makeup? Awesome!

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

This directional shape in a 123mm width, but in a "ladies" size of 180ish length would definitely be on my radar next year.... for what it's worth.

Maybe 180 isn't a true charger but neither am I... and most other full rocker offerings lately and more center-mounted than I'd prefer.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

194 FL113 sold out. Stoked for ya Marshal!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post

as Arild mentions, the center of the sidecut is designed at -11. I am mounting my personal pair at -12 FWIW, but I like set back mounts and run a lot of forward lean in my boots.

I think skier with upright stances and boots could go as far as -9.5 on this ski.

The hawtn3ss has arrived and the inspector approves.

They're purdy and light.

Now, with what to mount?

I like a mount with the ball of my foot right in the middle or slightly back, which I think is generally the middle of my boot slightly behind the middle of the running length.
    I've been liking my old G3s, easy on relative to the more persnickety tectons.

Suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0923 (2).jpg 
Views:	1114 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	437303  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

^Hello kitty.

Really looking forward to hearing the Collective's thoughts on the FL, and C113s (and R120s.

I mentioned this to Marshal, but the combination of the shape, 194TL, 45mR, 113 underfoot, and 2550 grams of fiberglass, rubber, poplar, and bamboo, offset by that ^ rocker profile, sounds like a Blackcomb alpine weapon. Can't wait to flex em, and ski em.
    I bet the 187TL and sliiightly lighter weight, will be a great inbounds tool for a bunch of situations as well.

Thanks again for the 194s Marshal! Great lineup; excited to see what Heritage Lab brings to market next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    ^Hello kitty.

Really looking forward to hearing the Collective's thoughts on the FL, and C113s (and R120s.

I mentioned this to Marshal, but the combination of the shape, 194TL, 45mR, 113 underfoot, and 2550 grams of fiberglass, rubber, poplar, and bamboo, offset by that ^ rocker profile, sounds like a Blackcomb alpine weapon. Can't wait to flex em, and ski em.
    I bet the 187TL and sliiightly lighter weight, will be a great inbounds tool for a bunch of situations as well.

Thanks again for the 194s Marshal! Great lineup; excited to see what Heritage Lab brings to market next year.
    Are you getting on the FL or carbonz? Please, please, please let us know what you think and feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

They're purdy and light.

Now, with what to mount?

I like a mount with the ball of my foot right in the middle or slightly back, which I think is generally the middle of my boot slightly behind the middle of the running length.

Suggestions?
    Looking sexy AF. Same goes for you, Buster. Super interested in hearing how the shape and construction work together. FWIW, I bought ATK R14s with the spacers and toe shims from spyderjon back when the preorder started, for my upcoming 187s.

support the raddest project going: http://heritagelabskis.com

damn. i think i want a pair of ea for bc and resort...

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    damn. i think i want a pair of ea for bc and resort...
    Come over and check em out sometime, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    ^Hello kitty.

Yeah man, nice work snagging the last pair of 194's for the season!

They're purdy and light.

Now, with what to mount?

Suggestions?
    Hey Buster! Can't wait for you to get these bad chickens on snow.
    I am mounting mine at -12 from center, which works out to 85cm from the tail along the top of the ski. I am curious how that lines up versus your method!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    Hey Buster! Can't wait for you to get these bad chickens on snow.
    I am mounting mine at -12 from center, which works out to 85cm from the tail along the top of the ski. I am curious how that lines up versus your method!
    I'm not sure. What point along the boot or binding is 85 cm from the tail in your vernacular?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I'm not sure. What point along the boot or binding is 85 cm from the tail in your vernacular?
    I would put my midsole at that point